Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:40:05 AM
714519 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Urban Legends that would make good scenes in Horror Movies. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Urban Legends that would make good scenes in Horror Movies.  (Read 1983 times)
daveblackeye15
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: February 11, 2004, 03:06:43 PM »

There's this great Urban Legends page where you learn some really great stuff. I was thinking that some of these legends would make great scenes in Horror. One Legend is that a man brings a cactus home from Mexico and one day while he's watering it, it begins vibrating. The man calls some sort of plant agency and after answering some questions the man is told to get his familiy out of the house. When he does this, several vans pull up and guys wearing space suits get out. They go to the backyard and with a flame thrower burn up the cactus. It turns out that the cactus was about to explode and with hundreds of poisions spiders. Scary huh? Though this is impossible the idea of poisionious spiders bursting out of a cactus all over victims would make a great scene though I don't know what the movie would be about. Maybe some evil force in a town like "The Beyond" or something (trails off..)

-CRAPTASTIC!!!-

Post Edited (02-11-04 20:38)

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
daveblackeye15

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2004, 03:07:48 PM »

Post Edited (02-11-04 20:38)

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2004, 03:40:58 PM »

Hey Dave you know you can edit the title of your thread by clicking on the "edit post" words right?
JohnL

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2004, 11:31:01 PM »

Several urban legends were used in the movie Urban Legends. Also, there was an episode of Honey I Shrunk the Kids that had urban legends coming to life, including the spider filled cactus.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2004, 10:10:17 PM »

I like the internet Conspiracy Theories sites they are kinda like urban legends. Great theories that are very hard to dis-prove.

eeeee5
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2004, 10:42:03 PM »

.    Catch TLC's "Fact or Fiction"/"Urban Legends" show (They don't even list it on IMDB), it's hosted by "Species" and "Ghosts of Mars" star Natasha Henstridge.   They reenact the stuff, in those creepy documentary style type things.  Ever wonder what that crappy "He's in your backseat" thingee would look like?   They also reenact stupider ones that aren't scary like peeing red in the pool, and leaving your baby on the roof top stuff.
JohnL

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2004, 07:23:01 PM »

I saw a show a while back that re-enacted different urban legends, but it was hosted by Alyson Hannigan. At least for that episode. Same show?
Neon Noodle
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2004, 07:25:18 PM »

One they did on Fact or Fiction with Johnathan Frakes was about the kids who start this rumor about a mass murderer buried in the local graveyard. The dare is to stab a knife into the grave at the stroke of midnight.

Well, big surprise in this urban legend, the kid stabs the knife through his coat into the ground so when he gets up to leave, he's stuck and thinks the killer has come to life and he dies of fright.

Now that one would be cool, if done to someone like Freddie Prince Jr.

In the night, the skull came to his dreams and said, 'You are a fool to rejoice in the entanglements of life.'
Chuang Tzu couldn`t believe this and asked, 'If I could return you to your life, you would want that, wouldn`t you?'
Stunned by Chuang Tzu`s foolishness, the skull replied, 'How do you know that it is bad to be dead?'

-From The Matrix: The Path of Neo
eeeee5
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2004, 08:25:39 PM »

.         Alyson Hannigan, Johnathan Frakes, who knows how many different hosts, I've seen 6 or 7 eps, and they all were hosted by Henstridge, however, there might have been other hosts.

.         Sorry, daveblackeye15, I got off topic, but think the show exhibits how the legends could be seen in films.

.         I have "Lover's Lane," on VHS, and it;'s based on "the hook," legend, but it more resembles the "slasher" movie typology, with numerous references to "Halloween."

.         I think you'd have to severely twist the urban legend to get it to work as a film, but I think that "Tales from the Crypt," did it numerous times.

.         I'd like to see the one's involving med students and cadavers being used, they could be very cloustrophobic, character driven, and have cool, anti-heiratical, paybacks.  (Hawksian/Carpenteresque location driven [I haven't seen any Hawkes films, though I have "The Thing," but have heard them compared, or that Carpenter ripped off Hawkes]).  And it could get made since "C.S.I." and that other stuff is all over the TV, plus it would involve teens (no, really, they are teenagers), which too many movie producers seem to love.

Post Edited (02-15-04 21:15)
JohnL

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2004, 08:55:52 PM »

>One they did on Fact or Fiction with Johnathan Frakes was about the kids who
>start this rumor about a mass murderer buried in the local graveyard. The dare
>is to stab a knife into the grave at the stroke of midnight.
>
>Well, big surprise in this urban legend, the kid stabs the knife through his coat
>into the ground so when he gets up to leave, he's stuck and thinks the killer has
>come to life and he dies of fright.

That was the plot of an episode of the original Twilight Zone, The Grave.

Post Edited (02-16-04 05:25)
gammaray117
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2004, 11:49:49 PM »

The "Body in the Bed" would be good. I can just picture the guy overturning the mattress to find the mutilated victim of a mob hit merrily decomposing.
"Aren't you glad you didn't turn on the light?" would be good as well.

"BATEMAN!!!!!!!"
JohnL

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2004, 06:23:11 AM »

>The "Body in the Bed" would be good. I can just picture the guy overturning the
>mattress to find the mutilated victim of a mob hit merrily decomposing.

That was used in a segment of Four Rooms. Antonio Banderas leaves his two kids alone in a hotel room and they keep smelling aq strange odor. Finally they discover the body of a hooker in the box spring.

>"Aren't you glad you didn't turn on the light?" would be good as well.

That was used as one of the murders in the movie Urban Legend.
gammaray117
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2004, 08:01:46 PM »

My mistake. I haven't seen either of those.
There's one that takes place during the Blitz in London. A woman is approached by a blind man in the Underground one night and given a letter to deliver the next day to a certain address. Her suspicons are driven home when she spots the "blind" man remove his sunglasses and cane and read the LONDON TIMES. The next day, she contacts the police, who raid the address and find piles of human flesh for sale to desperate victims of the nightly bombing. It occurs to the woman that she never opened the envolope. She does, and finds the message:
"This is the last one I'm sending you this week."

"BATEMAN!!!!!!!"
Dropo
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2004, 09:26:12 PM »

"Turkey Neck Trauma" would be go in a movie.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Urban Legends that would make good scenes in Horror Movies. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.