Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:03:38 PM
714453 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  And the hits just keep coming « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: And the hits just keep coming  (Read 911 times)
Evil Matt
Bad Movie Lover

« on: February 13, 2004, 04:14:24 AM »

First of all, I'd like to state for the record that I enjoy B movies as much as the next guy.  I love a little bit of cheese with my choice of films now and then.  Hell, I could probably do WITHOUT so much dairy in my cinematic diet.  That said, the last few days have brought on an onslaught of HORRIBLE movies.

First up was "Phantom of the Paradise".  I know that some people absolutely love this movie, but I couldn't get over how amazingly stupid it all seemed.  There's something about Paul Williams as the devil (or a reasonable facsimile thereof) that just doesn't work for me.  I kept waiting for Kermit the Frog to pop up and sing "Rainbow Connection".  And I don't want to see a movie with a character named Swan in it unless I'm watching "The Warriors".  Anyway, I chuckled a little and bemoaned the fact that I'd wasted my time with this one.

The next night, however, I found myself watching "The Apple".  Thank you, Golan and Globus, for showing me a future in which disco rules the world.  If "Swan" is a bad name for an antagonist, "Mr. Boogaloo" is downright insulting.  At one point during the female lead's big sad, weepy ballad type piece of crap song, she intones "Alfie...I wish I was dead" or some such s**t.  I remember thinking "Yes Bibi...I wish you were dead too".  This one actually made me angry over how bad it was.

Everything that was craptastic about "The Apple" was immeadiately forgotten when I popped in the DVD my best friend gave me for Christmas last night.  Apparently my buddy thought it would be a good idea to saddle me with Troma's "Buttcrack".  Part of me wishes I'd stayed awake through this travesty to share my experiences with you.  The more sympathetic part of me doesn't want to do that to you guys, because you seem like pretty good people for the most part.  All I remember is that some guy in an ugly shirt with a bad haircut killed his fat roommate because the guy wouldn't pull his pants up, and then the fat roommate's sister brought him back to life.  And "rockabilly legend" Mojo Nixon chews up the scenery by screaming about God a lot.  And I learned that God is in urine.  So, apparently, is Satan.  

Anyway, I'm expecting "Versus" and "Wild Zero" to show up in the mail sometime this weekend.  I hope to God that the movies I choose to watch get better.  I don't even want to know what could be worse than "Buttcrack".

Everything's funnier with monkeys.
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 08:42:32 AM »

Matt,

Don't worry about Versus.  You'll have a frigging blast with that flick!  Nearly two hours of non stop zombie/yakuza/kung fu action.  I do hope you ordered the unrated version though.

Enjoy.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2004, 09:41:08 AM »

I feel your pain Matt. My wife's 2nd favorite movie of all time is "The Apple". She used to talk about this movie constantly and was always trying to find a copy of it. Well, last year she did find a copy and I was forced to watch it.  I sat there in disbelief that A) Anyone could like this movie B) Anyone would admit to liking this movie C) These idiots actually wasted film to make it.
Oh, the horror...the horror...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  And the hits just keep coming « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.