Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:45:00 AM
714526 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Unknown World (1951) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Unknown World (1951)  (Read 899 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: February 14, 2004, 06:44:29 PM »

UNKNOWN WORLD (1951) - Here is an interesting concept for a film that could be done over again. The film starts out with atomic testing and scientist need to escape. The plan is to go to the center of the earth more than 1,600 (or was that 2,600 miles). They get there in a neat looking tunnelling machine and lose a few people along the way. Many of the scenes are shot in Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico. Look at the machine in the image and you'll see that it isn't designed to tunnel, but that never stopped a B-movie from reaching its objective. The film has horrendously bad dialogue concerning the nature of their journey.

Scott

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2004, 09:06:41 PM »

There have been a few films that go to the center of the earth, but they usually walk there thru cave and such. JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH and WAR GODS OF THE DEEP,

THE CORE is a newer one, but I haven't watched it yet and am not sure how they get to the center. I think they use a tunnel machine. I think I'll put this on my to view list.

One that I haven't seen in a long time is BATTLE BENEATH THE EARTH were the Chinese attack the U.S. by tunnelling through the earth. Would love to see this one again.

About UNKOWN WORLD don't rush out to get it as it isn't that great a film, just a neat concept with a neat opening segment and tunnel vehicle.The rest is very weak. They even give you the basic cave tour info about stalagmite and stalagtites and how they are formed.

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2004, 10:26:30 PM »

I haven't seen either film , but this sounds a awful lot like  The Core.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Lee
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2004, 01:49:28 AM »

Yeah when I was watching The Core I said to myself,"When did they give Jim Wynorski a budget?"

This is the Hell that's my life.-Howard Stern: Private Parts
Mitch McAfee
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2004, 08:38:59 AM »

And don't forget AT THE EARTH'S CORE from the mid seventies.

Not only did this have a cool drilling type machine, it starred Peter Cushing (in possibly his most hammy performance), Doug McClure playing Doug McClure & of course Caroline Munroe for eye candy!!!
Flangepart

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2004, 11:31:46 AM »

Oh, yeah. UNKNOWN WORLD is prime "Roll yer own" MST fodder.
Definatly a must see, for B-fest.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Scott

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2004, 07:21:57 AM »

AT THE EARTHS CORE is a good B-70's film. How bout them red eyed bat/bird things that use mind control and that lava doorway?

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Unknown World (1951) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.