Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:10:30 PM
714494 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  R.O.T.O.R. and Versus « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: R.O.T.O.R. and Versus  (Read 914 times)
Evil Matt
Bad Movie Lover

« on: February 20, 2004, 07:28:31 AM »

Recent veiwings, and a few thoughts...

1)  R.O.T.O.R. - Goddamn, what an awesome movie.  If I was in charge of naming stuff, I'd have called this one "THE BEST GOD DAMN MOVIE EVER!!!".  Seriously, you have to see it to believe it...

2)  Versus - Seeing this flick more than made up for the s**ttiness that was "The Apple".  Rarely do you get an action movie that's so fun to watch without thinking to yourself "this is totally stupid" at least once.  Imagine if "The Matrix" had zombies in it and didn't take itself so seriously, and you'd be in the same ballpark.  It also has the best "bullet time" gag ever coupled with the best line ever.  It may not be "R.O.T.O.R.", but it's still damned cool.

Everything's funnier with monkeys.
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 08:28:32 AM »

R.O.T.O.R - My wife now hates me for making her watch this flick.  She started out OK, but once the speech started "The buttery yellow sunlight...." I lost her.  This film is still great though.  One of the best Robocop rip-offs.

Versus - I'm a huge fan of this film.  As you said very similar to the Matrix in fighting.  If I'm not mistaken both films had the same coreographer.  Lo Ping maybe?  Anyway, this film is fantastic.  I shelled out the cash recently to obtain an unrated version of it from Japan on DVD.  Great special features which include a commentary track.  Kinda useless being as it's in Japanese.

Anyway Matt, glad you finally got to see two great films.  And as for "The Apple", I'm gonna have to catch in on cable sometime in spite of your review.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Evil Matt
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 08:36:15 AM »

Dude, seriously..."The Apple" sucked.

It takes one HELL of a piece of crap of a movie if 45 minutes into it I start wishing I was watching "Xanadu" instead...

Everything's funnier with monkeys.
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 09:23:21 AM »

LOL

Sounds like a challenge

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2004, 08:05:37 PM »

Caught 30 minutes of R.O.T.O.R. on Encore Channel about a month ago. The most rediculous robo type cop ever. Looks like an average cop and walks like Frankenstein half the time. He's abit (barely) stronger than a regular cop. I was starting to enjoy R.O.T.O.R. even though.

Been wanting to see VERSUS. Please tell me it's not comparable to R.O.T.O.R..

I luv dolma
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2004, 11:45:50 PM »

R.O.T.O.R. was fun to watch. I watched it on the Action Showtime like at 2 in the morning. I only wish I taped it. I haven't seen it on since.

As for Versus. I've heard nothing but good stuff on the film. I hope I see it soon.
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2004, 08:45:13 AM »

Scott,

You really should check out Versus.  It's a blast!  You might want to try your local Blockbuster.  They usually have a pretty good selection of Tokyo Shock DVDs like Versus, Ichi The Killer, etc.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  R.O.T.O.R. and Versus « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.