Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:11:06 PM
714413 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Life with Kaiju: Expect a nervious world! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Life with Kaiju: Expect a nervious world!  (Read 5162 times)
Flangepart
« on: August 29, 2001, 03:56:30 PM »

I know i speak for many when i say, i like Giant Monsters. The big, the bad, and the ugly. But, as i mentioned before, there are aspects of liveing in a world where Giants walk where they want to, that would change life as we know it.  I've mentioned the effect on economics before. Shipping sceduals dependant on where Godzilla is currantly swiming,  air travel suspensions for Rodan  related reasons (Think the Simpsons in Japan), and such. Are there other effects on human life that you'd like to see addressed in the next Kaiju film? Imagin "Monster Cults" for loons who worship Giant Behemoths. Scam artest selling Gorgo proof shelters. And, who would get rights to sell "Godzilla Beer?".  the Japanese government? Squish, Chad, Hair, i need your help, guys. What have i missed? Theres more to this then it looks. What comes to your minds, gang?
Apostic
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2001, 04:35:23 PM »

Building contractors.  Where ever a giant monster hits, they'd be in the mint.

regards,

Apostic
Chadzilla
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2001, 04:51:47 PM »

Apostic took my idea, so let me think.

Mmmm

PETA would form an offshoot called PEKA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Kaiju)

Undoubtedly there will be fringe groups that worship them as gods (KONG!  KONG!  KONG!)

Say good-bye to large metropolitan areas - just too many eggs in one basket.

Insurance premiums would go WAY up. ("Sorry Mr. Flangepart, but you did not sign on for Megalon Coverage, you are only covered for loss of property due in part to Godzilla, Rodan, Baragon, or King Kong" ...  "Yes, sir Godzilla did throw Megalon, but it is not a indigenous surface Kaiju and you are not covered." ... "Then we will see you in court sir, thank you and good day.")

Military Defense spending will dwarf that of the Reagan Years.

Kaiju chasing will become a new extreme science/sport (think of Twister Chasing, but like, the twister is alive, and if it sees you then it chases YOU).

Mentioning colonizing Mars won't get peoples eyes rolling in disdain anymore.
AndyC
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2001, 06:14:05 PM »

Television: Imagine the weather channel, only with maps showing the location and movement of monsters, along with forecasted movements and scrolling alerts at the bottom of the screen. I won't even go into the possibilities for reality shows and TLC specials.

Mail order: Monster repellant sprays, devices that keep monsters away with inaudible sound frequencies, monster survival handbooks.

Novelty foods: Assuming the occasional Kaiju is brought down (however unlikely), we have the potential for burgers, steaks, jerky, cold cuts, burritos and a whole new line of Johnsonville sausage. Imagine children taking Godzilla Lunchables to school. Monsters might even be low in fat and cholesterol, with many non-food uses, like emu.

Survivalists: They'd be stockpiling much bigger weapons in their mountain strongholds.

Bioengineering: The possibilities of splicing G cells into crops or livestock to make them bigger and more resistant to harsh conditions. Imagine Biollante covered with huge cobs of corn.

I keep coming back to food. Maybe I should eat soon.
Squishy
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2001, 04:17:32 AM »

You guys would all love the first fifteen minutes of Godzilla X Megaguirus. The current sequels--starting with Godzilla 2000--are completely independent of each other and all previous movies except the very first Godzilla from 1954.

In GXM, Godzilla's assaults (beautiful reproductions of key scenes from the original, with the new suit, and more) have changed history as we know it; the capital of Japan has been moved to Osaka and Japan abandoned nuclear power the minute they discovered Godzilla liked it, putting an end to the attacks until certain events take place..anyway, whole new methods of generating energy have been created, leading to great advancements in technology. Of course, the movie can't stop to detail everything, but it makes for a fun and unique start to a kaiju flick.

(Godzilla X Megaguirus is apparently NOT going to be dubbed and released in the US, either theatrically or on video, at this time. @#$%! you, Sony.
I'll bet Video Daikaiju has a subbed version already; check 'em out! They have no website, but you can write to 'em at:

VIDEO DAIKAIJU
PO BOX 185
SUCCASUNNA NJ 07876

...if Andrew doesn't mind the plug.)

Back during the Heisei series, there were two volumes of The Gojira ComicI> released in Japan, featuring short stories by many different manga artists, all very weird and unusual. One didn't even feature Godzilla; it detailed an accountant discovering that the government has created--and deliberately provokes attacks by--Godzilla, whose regular thrashings of major cities stimulate the national economy. (He gets capped in the head before he can reveal his findings.)

Finally, anyone who doesn't know "Monster Zero" already needs to go to http:/
/www.cinescape.com/godzilla/ right now and download the teaser trailer for the next G-flick, with quick glimpses of the new versions of Godzilla, Baragon, Mothra, and King Ghidorah.
Squishy
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2001, 04:23:13 AM »

1) Sorry about the error with all-italics after The Gojira Comic.
2) The trailer at Monster Zero has been removed following a "cease-and-desist" order from Toho, apparently last night. Hey, it's their property. We'll get to see more soon enough.
Flangepart
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2001, 10:21:21 AM »

I love it! This is what i wanted. Ah, such fertile minds...no, i'm not calling any one a S*#t head! Sheesh!....Thanks for the Video Dikaiju address, Squishy. I want to start a collection of Original sub-titles movies. I'd rather get such from the sorce, but it looks impossable. Rats!....giant mutated Rats....and i was hopeing for the new films..(sob)...
Hairzilla
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2001, 12:45:48 PM »

Man, I have to spend time working and almost miss a subject like this? God forbid! After reading the other posts I'd have to say that pretty much every major area that came to my mind has been covered, most excellently, in one way or another already!

However, since this is a subject with potential as enormous as the monsters themselves, and just off the top of my head, here are a few aspects of life that I think the existence of Kaiju would have a permanent affect on:

Politics: Just imagine how an issue like this would forever change the political landscape! Cloning? Forget it! Stem cell research? Not important enough! The "Kaiju issue", with all of it's potentially numerous offshoots, could conceivably be what would make or break potential candidates! Imagine a "Nightline" where presidential hopefuls would debate their various plans to insure national security against Kaiju threats. And then there's public opinion to be considered....  

"Who are you voting for"?

"Bush".

"Bush?! But isn't he for funding that controversial research into using Godzilla cells as an alternative medicine?"

The Evironment: If it's realistic repercussions of the existence of giant monsters we're considering....did you ever stop to wonder how the environment, not to mention civilization, would be affected by Kaiju waste??? [I wonder what the Japanese word for "waste" is.] I mean, they've gotta GO SOMEwhere! If Godzilla lets one rip while he's in the water, wouldn't that have, potentially, the same overall effect, if not a worse one, as an oil spill??? And wouldn't the repeated, near nuclear level blasts generated by various creatures possibly have an adverse affect on the ozone layer, if not the immediate area occupied by said creature?

Sports: Teams of every game would now have an entirely new group of creatures from which to draw their names. Imagine the Detroit Lions going up against the Los Angeles Yonggarys! [Sorry, I must still have 'ol Yon Gary on the brain.]

Pop Culture: This is a thought far more staggering than I have time to break down. [But I'd be curious to hear some of your ideas! Let 'em fly! Music, clothing, games! Name it! How about the music scene being transformed by "Kaiju Metal" for starters!....Hey, I'm not "Hairzilla" for nothing!]

Sally Struthers would possibly be the spokesperson for an entirely new "unnatural disaster relief" group dedicated to providing aid to communities stricken from the activities of giant monsters.... "This is Fujitani. She's three. Recently she lost her home, and her entire family, when a Rodan and Gaos began squabling over a nearby nest...."

Well, this might not be my greatest post, but it's the best I can do while taking a break from work.

Don't need nothin' but a good,
                                                                                   Toyko stompin' time!

HZ
Chadzilla
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2001, 01:03:23 PM »

Y'know Hair, that is something that, with the exception of Gamera: Guardian of the Universe, is not usually addressed.  Greenhouse woes and Air Quality issues for sure.

Yuck.
ssvegita
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2001, 07:16:09 PM »

Try Mothra powder protective masks and lightning rods for Mothra's lightning . Military at becken call with , Anti-Godzilla missiles , Mothra killing Bazookas , and Bridge suspension to protect against Manda attacks .
ssvegita
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2001, 07:17:27 PM »

I forgot Godzilla and Gamera building insurance and heat proof coating for buildings or even diamond 1 coating
N. E. Moses
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2001, 07:42:59 PM »

Media:
Besides the normal reports of Rodan/King Kong squabbles, World Weekly News will be selling like hotcakes when the front page headlines reads: "S. C. Woman Gives Birth to Godzilla's Twins".

Amusement Parks:
Great Adventures will have the new Mothra handgliding site. And Godzilla's Tail will be the next "Great American Scream Machine".

I have a lot more ideas but my knowledge of monsters is limited so help a brutha out.
Flangepart
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2001, 02:21:58 PM »

Hairzilla, your my kind of sicko. The comment on Monster Poop actualy makes sense. Maby Godzilla is "Clean Burning" on nuclear fuel, but Gaos is definatly not! You reminded me of a short story based on the question...Who cleaned up after King Kongs fall from the Empire State? Funny,particulary for any one who's had to argue with the city about trash removal! The New York buracrats were trying to foist of the big ape on someone else turf! I forget how it ended, but the idea sticks in my mind. Keep at it, gang!
AndyC
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2001, 02:34:32 PM »

There might be some possibilities for Mothra silk in textiles, rope, or other areas.

Some Kaiju hides might be useful in clothing, bindings or protective gear, athough there might be a problem with the thickness of the leather.

This is assuming that the Kaiju are reproducing, and more importantly, that they can be killed. This doesn't seem likely, as they seem to stand up well against most military hardware. Maybe there could be some entrepreneurs who scavenge the carcasses of the losers in fatal battles between Kaiju.

Alternative medicine: Godzilla cartilage, Godzilla cells, Mothra dust capsules, powdered Anguirus horn, glandular extracts of all kinds.

Depending on the products, there might be a problem with Kaiju poachers. They'd have to be very well armed and equipped to kill and either disassemble or transport a Kaiju, so this might be unlikely. Game officials would have a really tough time stopping anyone with that much firepower.

I suppose a Kaiju ivory poacher would simply need to render Gamera unconscious, grab his tusks and get out of there.

There would, of course, be scientists devoting their lives to the protection and study of Kaiju, and possibly living among the misunderstood creatures. 'Gojiras in the Mist' anyone?
Hairzilla
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2001, 03:47:27 PM »

I think that it makes for a much more intriquing question to assume that the Kaiju are reproducing in this scenario. After all, Mothra obviously reproduces. In BOTH Godzilla series' not only is an egg discovered that just happens to hatch a creature of a similiar species as the big G' [Except that the original baby G' looked strangely like Gary Colman.] but in both the "where there was one Godzilla, there's another" idea is evident....And, if we must, Amerizilla reproduces asexually. [Not a bad movie, just not Godzilla.] Gorgo had an offspring. Biollante could, conceivably, reappear at any given moment and possibly mass reproduce itself.  Gamera 3: The Incomplete Struggle [This is one of THE GREATEST Kaiju movies I have EVER seen!] indicated that there have been MANY Gamera's throughout time, and Gayos is a reproducing machine!

>'Gojiras in the Mist' anyone?

I love it AndyC! Hahahahaha! Allow me to add my own, humble offering to yours....

"Well, we're living in a Kaiju world, and I am a Kaiju girl - or boy".

-The Wedding Singer - KAIJUIZED! -

Anybody else wanna give this a nuclear shot?
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Life with Kaiju: Expect a nervious world! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.