Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:33:39 PM
714528 Posts in 53099 Topics by 7745 Members
Latest Member: Documentkgh
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Tina the Computer Speeder-Upper Ad On This Board « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OT: Tina the Computer Speeder-Upper Ad On This Board  (Read 1405 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: February 25, 2004, 04:18:05 AM »

By now all of you have seen this ad at the top of this message board.
Tina speaks out loud to inform you that she can show you a way to speed up your computer.

She has literally startled the hell out of me at least 5-10 times now!

Many times I sit here with the TV or radio off...just sitting in complete silence and reading posts with my speakers on only to have her say loudly, "HI THERE, MY NAME IS TINA!"  completely shattering the silence.

AHHH!!!!

She has made me jump almost every time.
Because I am startled, my heart instantly jumps to several hundred beats a minute for about 10 seconds and I usually say out loud, "Holy s**t that scared me!" or some other similar variant.
I even called her a b***h one night!
Pointing my finger at my monitor I said to her, "You b***h you scared the s**t outta me!"

Even though I see her there and know she's gonna say something, sometimes she doesn't right away which makes me think that she may not say something at all and then I continue reading posts.....then, out of the blue, "HI THERE, MY NAME IS TINA!" and I almost fall out of my chair again.

I almost sometimes expect her eyes to turn red and say to me in a demonic low voice, "YOU WILL NEVER ESCAPE ME ASH!!  
I WILL GET YOU EVERYTIME!!!"
"YOU ARE MINE!!...MWAHAHAHA!!!"

NOOOO!!!

Andrew, for the love of God, please take her off of here!!  
Keep her away!
(I suppose I could turn off my speakers when I visit but I always seem to forget and she makes me jump every dang time!)

Has she made any of you jump also?

Post Edited (02-25-04 03:43)
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2004, 04:30:56 AM »

Oh, I just noticed that you have to run your mouse over the ad to make her talk!

No wonder she sometimes seemed to hold off scaring me!
It was bacause I ran the pointer over it at sometime or another.

Oh man do I feel stupid!
Hehe!
Now whenever I see her looking at me I think to myself, "Don't run the mouse over her ad...Don't run the mouse over her ad for the love of God!"

It's easy to run the pointer over it without meaning to though.

She knows what I'm thinking!
She's going to get me!
Damn you Tina!!

AHHHHH!!!

(That would make for a good B-movie....a man driven insane by a p.c. ad that talks to him!
Hehe!)

Post Edited (02-25-04 03:34)
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2004, 04:41:05 AM »

HI, MY NAME IS TINA!  I'LL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL!

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
JohnL

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2004, 02:22:15 PM »

I've never seen this ad. Probably because I have IE set to prompt before running any active X content and if a site doesn't specifically need it, I deny the request.

Reminds me of the Twilight Zone episode though;

"My name is Talking Tina and I don't like you!"
raj

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2004, 02:52:53 PM »

So that's why I've been hearing that.  I usually have (at least) 2-3 things open-- browser (multiple windows), wordperfect, email client, and I'm toggling between them when Tina shows up.  Couldn't determine if it was spyware or not.  Oh well, if it helps pay the bills around here, I don't mind.
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2004, 05:00:08 PM »

it's even more annoying when you're at work and you're trying to be secretive about your surfing!
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2004, 10:05:04 PM »

I haven't even noticed this until after I read this post. now it's happened twice.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2004, 09:50:06 AM »

Unless your company is a fun nazi company.

And then you have to spend your days without sound.  

Sad.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Tina the Computer Speeder-Upper Ad On This Board « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.