Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:52:01 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Car-toons you love. The music never dies.... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Car-toons you love. The music never dies....  (Read 7576 times)
Flangepart
« on: August 31, 2001, 02:40:36 PM »

Three cartoon themes come to mind when ever i want to get out of a blue funk. If i'm feeling crapy, i can sing ,out loud or to my self, the theme from Superchicken, or George of The jungle, or underdog, and i feel better. Why?  Because its Fun music! Do it in the office, without warning, and everybody is first startled, then they laugh! "What brought THAT on?"..."Oh, just felt like it." The orignal Jonny Quest theme is a Great tune for a long drive. Try fallin' asleep at the wheel with that playin'! So, what toon music do you guys particulary love. Movie or t.v., hey, what ever works.......
Chadzilla
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2001, 03:09:22 PM »

"Road runner, beep-beep, the coyote's after you!
Road runner, beep-beep, if he catches you you're through!"

"Scooby dooby do, where are you?
We've got some work to do now."

Whistling the "Out to Sea" chanty from Jaws works miracles on my mood.
AndyC
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2001, 03:26:01 PM »

It's not a cartoon theme, but I often whistle the 'If I Only Had a Brain' song from the Wizard of Oz, usually while I'm working.
StatCat
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2001, 04:34:42 PM »

Not a cartoon either but one title I think of in my head a lot is the main title from Demons by goblin. Figured I would just mention it because I can't think of any cartoon themes I do that with to my dismay.
Vermin Boy
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2001, 04:50:42 PM »

"Powerhouse" by Raymond Scott (You know, the music they play in every Looney Tunes cartoon involving assembly lines or Rube Goldberg devices) is one of the coolest pieces of music ever composed, and always heightens my mood. Other themes to have this effect are "Rocky & Bullwinkle," "Freakazoid," The Tick," (Da DWEEEE da da da dwee dow!) and "The Muppet Show." Also, I know it's not a cartoon theme, but "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" is also great.
Vermin Boy
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2001, 04:54:32 PM »

D'oh! Forgot "Felix the Cat!" I'm not sure if I ever even saw the show, but the theme song's been part of my subconscious as long as I can remember.
Squishy
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2001, 05:00:14 PM »

http://members.nbci.com/toontrackr/  --The Toon Tracker Wavs Page

"When Captain America throws his mighty shi-eld,
All those who chose to oppose his shield must yi-eld!
If it comes to a fight, and a duel is due,
The red and the white and the blue will come through!
When Captain America throws his migh-ty shi-eld!!!"

"King Kong! You know the name of King Kong!
You know the fame of King Kong!
Ten times as big as a man!!!"
Hairzilla
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2001, 06:56:03 PM »

Firstly.... Squishy, I salute you from the bottom of my true believin' heart for giving us actual LYRICS to the original CAPTAIN AMERICA theme! I've gotta hit that link and see if I can find the theme from THOR!

Ok, now for MY cartoon music pick! True to my die-hard eighties rock/metal fandom I'd have to say that, hands down, the greatest music ever featured in a cartoon series came from JEM!

I also recall that the theme from M.A.S.K. ROCKED!....Although, it's been so long since I've heard it that I actually don't remember a thing about it.

"His name is Rio, he's the man with pur-ple haaaair....." BA da da da dum!

THE STINGERS still rule!

HZ
Guitarwolf
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2001, 09:27:25 PM »

1. Pink Panther - theme by Henry Mancini
2. Ren & Stimpy
3. The Tick
4. Hong Kong Phooey
AndyC
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2001, 11:54:38 PM »

I used to love listening to the soundtrack from Transformers: The Movie. It had that uplifting hard rock sound that was unique to the mid-80s. The Stan Bush tunes and the heavy metal remix of the Transformers theme were great exercising music. The original theme wasn't bad either.

I also liked the G.I. Joe theme (my clumsy fingers originally typed G.I. Hoe - an interesting idea). That theme was also kicked up a notch (bam!) for the G.I. Joe movie, making for a pretty good tune. A lot of people hated the G.I. Joe movie, but I have to take my hat off to anyone who combines 80s action cartoons with H.P. Lovecraft.
Steve.
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2001, 07:15:43 AM »

REN AND STIMPY - yahaay!
ROOBARB AND CUSTARD - Brit cartoon with a theme to die for (well, that's probably a slight exaggeration)
MAGIC ROUNDABOUT - see above.
CAPTAIN PUGWASH - see above above. This animated Brit series caused a few myths to spring up. It tells the tales of a ship's company who battle pirates - a few character names were not as wholesome as they should have been for a kiddies series - Roger the cabin boy (Roger is Brit slang for sex), Master Bates and Seaman Staines. In fact, these names never existed - they were the product of over fertile imaginations (more's the pity!) Still a great theme, though.
Squishy
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2001, 08:12:12 AM »

Holy crap, you should write this in to Parker and Stone of South Park...

They've actually already used one: a parody of Aquaman called "Sea-Man," whose fellow heroes always (deliberately) mispronounce his name, and has a sidekick-pet called "Swallow" (ye Gods).

The Simpsonsused "roger" as a verb once, when the kids sneak into a drive-in to see The Bloodening, a parody of the original Village of the Damned. One of the supernatural children in the film makes a reference to someone "rogering the fishwife." With no visual context, I suppose it was safe enough to use on Fox in the US...
Steve.
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2001, 09:01:08 AM »

Good examples, Squishy. The moral guardians must have been asleep for that Simpsons episode. i like SP's new 4th grade teacher (series 4 has only been running over here for a few weeks) - Miss Choksondik. Pugwash's theme is a jaunty little sea-shanty.
Flangepart
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2001, 10:55:46 AM »

Yes! I've gotten to hear the CD collections of Ramond Scott and his quintett doing their stuff, as well as a cover album of same by...oh, alzhimers!....darn, i can't...i'll think of 'em as soon as i finish this post, you know it!. He He...'I knowwww,i'm going to miss-her. A tomaaaa-to ate my sis-ter!...." BRAVE COMBO! Thats who i was thinkin' of! Great covers of the Scott music. Get it!
Flangepart
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2001, 11:01:57 AM »

Well...man. The stuff we Colonist miss out on. Looks like The South Park boys have nothin' on old Blighty! Knees up, mother Brown!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Car-toons you love. The music never dies.... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.