Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:58:19 PM
714489 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  anyone like the film "save the last dance" « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: anyone like the film "save the last dance"  (Read 1488 times)
mandy
« on: March 05, 2004, 04:04:16 PM »

Hi everyone i wanted to know if anyone knows of any similar films to this one as i love this kind of film  please let me know
thanks Mandy
UK

Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 04:12:39 PM »

No....it was horrible!
Reasons do not need to be given.

Just horrible!
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 04:16:13 PM »

yeah you should check out some American films called Traces of Death. i know that sounds like some heavy titles, but believe me they're some extremely-light hearted comedies!
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2004, 10:25:54 PM »

The person to ask this would be my wife, but she is feeling a little sick and went to be early.  I know that she also likes "White Nights" and many of the older musicals (all of the Rodger's and Hammerstein musicals).  Let me see if I can name some more.  Mind you, this is me trying to name off dance movies that I think Katie likes.  Dance movies are usually poison to me:
Center Stage
West Side Story
Dirty Dancing
Footloose
Fame
Moulin Rouge
Chicago

Along the lines of b-movies with dance in them, I know that Katie digs these:
Breakin'
Breakin' 2
Lambada
Xanadu (egad)
Can't Stop the Music (well, this sorta fits)

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2004, 10:28:58 AM »

Breakin

hurts

pain

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
mandy
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2004, 11:26:21 AM »

well i guess that means you dont like these type of films :)
I do like other films though
Platoon
Hamburger Hill
Saving Private Ryan ( exellent)  does anyone else like these type of films and do you know of any others that I might like.
thanks Mandy.

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2004, 11:50:57 AM »

Whoa!  A girl who likes war movies?  I think I'm in love!  j/k

Mandy, as for war movies I'm going to have to say Apocalypse Now and Full Metal Jacket.  By far two of the absolute best war films ever.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2004, 01:17:52 PM »

Yeah that is really cool that there exist on this planet a female who likes war movies.

Here's some I recommend:

1. Salvador - Directed by Oliver Stone (Platoon). James Woods plays a photojournalist caught in the Salvadorian civil war that American military forces intervended in. Based on true events.

2. Savior - very powerful and unsettling film about the ethnic cleansing between Bosnia and Serbia. Dennis Quaid plays a mercenary who gains a heart after the carnage he's faced with.

3. the Killing Fields - i'm not sure if this would totally qualify as a war film. But it's still powerful and extremely moving. Concerns the true story of a Cambodian who befriended an American journalist during the Cambodian genocide of the early 70's.

4. the Deer Hunter - great allstar cast. Heartbreaking and moving tale of a group of working class friends who go to Vietnam and have to deal with how the war tears apart everthing they have. One of the first films, a long with Coming Home, to show how the Vietnam war effected people at the homefront.

5. And of couse like Skaboi said, Full Metal Jacket is a classic.
mandy
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2004, 01:23:44 PM »

thanks Skaboi ,
I will rent them tonight, your right not many women like war films but i love them ....not because they are gory, its the story line I just love anything to do with the war, I could watch them over and over,  what do you like about war films.

thanks for your help
Mandy.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  anyone like the film "save the last dance" « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.