Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:17:18 AM
714441 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  He's My Girl....holy dogs**t!! What a pooper this film was! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: He's My Girl....holy dogs**t!! What a pooper this film was!  (Read 1516 times)
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« on: March 05, 2004, 10:27:16 AM »

There was a sub-genre to the youth comedies of the 80's, involving talentless suburban kids trying to make it big as rock stars. Examples include; Satisfaction, Light Of Day, Shout, and a Tv show called The Heights. They were, for the most part....s**tE!

He's My Girl is one of those movies, with a twist. Bad twist....Naughty twist. The plot is as follows: Vapid, young, talentless blond dude, wants to be a rock star, his manager (TK Carter) enters him in a contest, which he wins, the prize being a trip to LA to appear on a video show. The catch is he has to bring a female, for no other apparent reason than to set up the main plot twist.

So, his manager goes with him....in drag! They pose as a couple, skinny white kid...big black lady(who is really a man) hilarity ensues. There is also a leacherous TV producer, a slutty Tilly sister, and a burned out English metal singer-type(based on any number of actual burned out, English metal singer-types).

Geeky blond kid, falls in love with slutty Tilly sister(who wouldn't) TV producer is in lust with TK carter in drag(thinking he's a woman...get it?). TK Carter falls in love with TV producer's assistant, who looks like she practices the "Strain The s**t Out Of Your Facial Muscles" method of acting. Hijinks, schenanigans, and goin's on, to follow.

TK Carter( who made history in The Thing, as one of the first black men to survive almost an entire horror movie) does a fairly good job with this crapper. It's gotta be a thankless job to try to wring laughs out of a Tootsie/Satisfaction hybrid. But, he pretty much pulls it off. He delivers the only intentionally funny performance of the whole film. The burned out English guy is kinda funny too. The geeky blond kid, who sports a fantastic feathered Mullet( Easy Susan, it's just a movie) doesnt' really do anything but act surprised, dismayed, annoyed by TK Carter and of course he humps the slutty Tilly sister(again, who wouldn't?). The slutty Tilly sister is....slutty, but in that very special Tilly sister way! The TV producer actually brought me close to nausea a few times, and he's the reason I eventually changed the channel. So, I don't how the movie ends, but I imagine it ends with a CHiPs  style laugh cut! Worth watching if you can get past the TV producer's incredible slimeyness(slimey-osity?). Good luck, God's Speed, Semper Fidelis!

PS. Somehow this low-budget crapper managed to score a pretty cool 80's music soundtrack including The Police, Morris Day and The Time....etc. They even got a Beatles song(performed by the Beatles)on the soundtrack. I imagine this was thanks to Michael Jackson, selling The Beatles out.

Post Edited (03-05-04 09:29)

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 04:16:29 PM »

What year was it made in?

I thought I'd seen pretty much every cheesy 80's film but I have never even heard of "He's My Girl".
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 04:44:49 PM »

You know a lot of these teen 80's movies did become a bad staple, but I thing John Hughes made the more respectable and realisitc as could be expected of the genre, like the Breakfast Club.
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2004, 07:39:24 PM »

ASH-According to IMDB, the film was released in '87. I, also, had never heard of it before. It's not up there with the John Hughes or Cameron Crowe comedies of the 80's. It's cheaply and poorly done...but with some funny bits.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2004, 09:12:26 PM »

>The geeky blond kid, who sports a fantastic feathered Mullet( Easy Susan, it's
>just a movie)

Careful, you'll get her all excited! :)
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2004, 09:25:38 PM »

JohnL wrote:

> >The geeky blond kid, who sports a fantastic feathered Mullet(
> Easy Susan, it's
> >just a movie)
>
> Careful, you'll get her all excited! :)

Yeah, I all most left that part out!!! But, like I said, it's only a movie!

DJ
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  He's My Girl....holy dogs**t!! What a pooper this film was! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.