Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:18:52 AM
714518 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Premonitions « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OT: Premonitions  (Read 1009 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: March 16, 2004, 04:11:20 AM »

I am quite certain that all of us at one time or another have had an uncanny experience in our lives that we just cannot explain.

Something that is so out of the ordinary that it totally throws us for a loop that we didn't see coming a mile away...

Or did we?

I'm talking about experiencing a strong premonition.

Usually after such an event our hearts are left racing at a pace that we didn't wish for.

Either way, we are almost always grateful for such a thought or vision.

Case in point....
The other night I was driving to a friend's house to pick him up.
I was to pick him up at 9pm and then we were off to another friend's house to play cards...which we usually do every other weekend.

On the way to his house however, I had one of the strongest premonitions I've ever had in my life and it was almost supernaturally accurate.

For those of you that have forgotten...the definition of "premonition" is this:  
NOUN: 1. A presentiment of the future; a foreboding.
2. A warning in advance; a forewarning.  

Ok, now that I gave the proper definition, back to my story.

The route I take to my friend's house is a long one and it is marked by some railroad tracks and about a mile after them, a VERY sharp left curve in the road followed by a straightaway where you can speed up to a legal maximum of 45 mph.

Well, I was stopped by a train at those previously mentioned tracks.
As I sat there waiting I was listening to the radio but I wasn't tuned into it...not mentally that is...I was but yet I wasn't if you can dig that.
Something from out of nowhere told me to watch out for a deer.  
The thought didn't say where or when...it just told me to look out for deer.

The train passed after a few minutes and I proceeded on my way.

I came to that curve in the road and after I rounded it this thought hit me so strongly, "SLOW DOWN!" and I obeyed it.

There in front of me right in the middle of the road was a doe.
Her eyes were like glowing embers in my headlights (I had my brights on) when she looked my way.  She didn't seem scared at all...she just looked at me.

I came to a complete stop, honked my horn and she ran off to the left into the bushes & trees.

WOW!

My heart was pounding!

Had I not had that premonition I would've slammed into that doe at at least 20-35 miles per hour and may have likely gone over the edge into the ditch.
At the very least she would've f**ked my car up bad if I had collided with her which would've been very likely had I not slowed down.

WHEW!
I actually had 2 premonitions...one at the railroad tracks and the second after I rounded that curve.

What are the odds?
Or did odds have nothing to do with it?

Have any of you had a very strong premonition like I had the other night?
What was it?
What is your personal explanation of these premonitions?

Post Edited (03-16-04 04:23)
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 04:42:21 AM »

You should have got out and punched the stupid deer in the face while it was caught in your headlights.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
dean
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 08:48:35 AM »

I've had a similar type thing happen twice.  Both times I'd wake up in the middle of the night and think something bad has happened, both times a relative had died during the night, and both times happened to be Christmas Eve, kinda wierd.

Also a friend of mine had a dream about another friend of mine in which he was killing himself, she got really worried and gave him a call, and lo and behold, he had just had all this s**t happen to him and was on the verge of suicide.  Thankfully everything is better now, not fixed but better.  I'd hate to think what would happen if she didn't call him.

Freaky stuff eh?
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 09:00:23 AM »

Ash,

A couple of years ago I hit an 8 point buck early one morning.  I was going around 50mph and it jumped directly in front of me from the woods on the right hand side of the road.  I barely had time to react before plowing through it.  Needless to say, it nearly totaled my car.  No premonitions that morning.

I do often have premonitions though.  Well, actually more like vivid dreams.  Every now and then I'll have a strong and realistic dream.  Not always about something important; sometimes quite mundane.  These dreams usually play out in real life witihin a week or so.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Susan
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2004, 10:13:08 PM »

my premonitions come in dreams, i've had detailed dreams of all my car wrecks and accidents. Most premonitions happen within a week and come with a "feeling" it was more than a dream. i also dream of train wrecks and plane crashes with odd details like locations, type of plane and crash and numbers. it's random, not all bad as I also can dream about births. But mostly it's bad stuff - sometimes I go a year with nothing and sometimes it's constant. I used to keep a dream journal, family members have joked i should go to a dream study since i fall into deep states of rem..lol.

lots of unexplained things in this world, i just quit trying to understand them a long time ago because you quickly find out most folks think you're full of it anyways

Post Edited (03-16-04 21:14)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Premonitions « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.