Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:47:23 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Disturbing Films « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Author Topic: Disturbing Films  (Read 28929 times)
Hugomarink
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2004, 05:00:35 PM »

Yes, ERASERHEAD is totally disturbing. Thanks for reminding me about that one. I saw it a bunch of times in the 70s at the midnight movies at a local cinema and it probably warped me for life. How they got Eraserhead's baby to look so real is beyong me.
Hugomarink
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2004, 05:03:30 PM »

Yes! AUDITION is another highly disturbing movie! It's good, too. The Japanese put out some twisted s**t. I recommend it.
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2004, 11:49:04 AM »

the Untold Story is one hell of a crazy film. it makes a  lot of american serial killer movies look like the care bears.
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2004, 12:04:37 PM »

Haven seen Island Of Death yet, but would love to obtain a copy eventually.  Sounds like a seriously f**ked up flick.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Grumpy Guy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2004, 10:37:03 PM »

Every time this subject comes up I mention Man Bites Dog.  That film creeped me out, more than just a little bit...

The Passion of the Christ got me, too, but from a completely different angle.

--"I doubt if a single individual could be found from the whole of mankind free from some form of insanity.  The only difference is one of degree."
--Desiderius Erasmus
BlackAngel
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2004, 03:31:55 AM »

I Spit On Your Grave is not a movie to see with your girlfriend or wife (she might have ideas if she's the sneaky vindictive type).
-------------------------------------------------
Bulls**t!  I still can't hear you, sound off like you had a pair
Dirtcreature
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2004, 09:01:53 AM »

I think the most disturbing film I own is 8mm. It's brilliantly acted, but leaves you feeling very cold about the world.

Most disturbing (psychologically) films I have seen would be Tetsuo - The Iron Man, and Lost Highway. Lost highway had no plot, but was made in such a way you were compelled to watch it all the way through. The scene where one guy "hits" his head on the corner of a table is a real shocker.
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2004, 11:20:37 AM »

Have you ever seen Tokyo Fist? It was directed by the same guy who did Tetsuo.

I can't say Tetsuo disturbs me as much as a lot of the other films mentioned, but I do respect it for being very brave, experimental, and creating it's own distinctive atmosphere.
ben rosson
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2004, 02:12:55 PM »

i got a list of some s**t that will leave you twisted and asking yourself "why did i watch that" but it never fails, you'll be back for more.
ben rosson
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2004, 02:27:12 PM »

BEGOTTEN
PIG
I STAND ALONE
IRREVERSIBLE
CLEAN SHAVEN
SALO
FUNNY GAMES
HAPPINESS
MEDEA
FANDO & LIS
DESECRATION
SPIDER
MEN BEHIND THE SUN
EVIL DEAD TRAP
IN A GLASS CAGE
NOWHERE
BRAZIL
THE SECRET ADVENTURES OF TOM THUMB
NIGHT & FOG
RAW MEAT
REQUIEM FOR A DREAM
MANIAC
ALICE
THE BROTHERS QUAY
CONSPIRATORS OF PLEASURE
FAUST
JUNK
SANTA SANGRE
STORY TELLING
28 DAYS LATER.....................
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2004, 02:30:31 PM »

Faust and 28 Days Later?  Not really all that shocking, especially since 28 Days Later ripped off scenes wholesale from the original Dawn of the Dead, which was a lot more effective, I think.
Everyone keeps talking about Men Behind the Sun, and I get the feeling I really need to see this movie.  Is it widely available, or one of those super-hard to find things?

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2004, 03:27:12 PM »

I think it's easier to find than it once was....before DVD I think you had to settle for bootleg VHS.  Do a search and I'm sure something will come up.  

The only shocking thing about 28 DAYS LATER is that there are people out there who actually thought this dull piece of crap was a good movie.   I'd say it's probably one of the biggest letdowns I've had at the movies in the last few years.  The first half was good, but the rest of the movie turned into a boring talkathon.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2004, 03:36:56 PM »

Brother R,

Not all that hard to find suprisingly.  Check some mom & pop vid stores and you should find a copy.  A video store near me has a copy on VHS but I have yet to actually rent it.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
ben rosson
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2004, 04:38:31 PM »

not the faust your thinking of. the one i am speaking of is an obscure stop-motion film by an amazing russion filmaker named Jan Svankmajer also did Alice and a number of other surreal treats. Now......28 days later is far better than dawn of the dead. and ofcourse something would get ripped off from other zombie movies, the guy that wrote it is a big fan. 28 days is better in my opinion because it is very dark and the social commentary is much more involved. plus there was no cheesy humor. as far as ripping stuff off goes, can you sit there and claim romero didn't "rip" anything from italian zombie flicks other then argentos, cause we all know romero had argento on the set, so we'll let that slide. Now, men behind the sun is about japanese weapon experimentation......i don't know if that is the same film you keep running across, but if so, you should check it out . HOLLA
ben rosson
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2004, 04:48:26 PM »

How could you go view 28 days later and miss the big picture?. wake up retard....you are the one strapped to the table during the first sequence. from the beginning of the movie, you are called a monkey.....an experiment......the film is not about a virus, it is about society and mankind, you and I, we...... aside from that, the cinematography was tremendously more stunning then any romero flick or scream movie. wake up and appreciate films for what they are before you so ignorantly dismiss them. what are you even doing on this message board if you can't appreciate a good film? hellllllooooooo in there. let me guess your favorite movie is Nightmare on Elm St.......or some other hollywood turn a dollar bulls**te. And I bet you went to see that Jason verse Freddy movie too. PATHETIC.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Disturbing Films « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.