Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:34:22 AM
714463 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Two Most Unnecesary Movies « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Two Most Unnecesary Movies  (Read 1056 times)
BlackAngel
« on: March 30, 2004, 07:07:21 PM »

Hey y'all, it's been while.  But, I'm here because I read something in my local paper that shook my head in disappointment.  Two actors, one is past his prime and one who is getting close, are said to go back to the movie that made them famous (I will admit that)

1. Bruce Willis is said to be doing a fourth (that's right, a fourth) Die Hard movie.  The guy is like in his 50s; shouldn't John McClain be like a captain or something?

2. Harrison Ford after countless bombs that will make Iraq s**t bricks, is also making a fourth Indiana Jones.  If it is true, I hope he's playing the father role.  Not the Sean Connery role but Ford's own father role (he's 61, with an earring).

Either way, both movies are not necessary to make, espeacially Indiana Jones.  Those cash cows should have been milked dried.  Leave them as trilogies, and that's that.
-----------------------------------------------
Bulls**t!  I still can't hear you, sound off like you got a pair.
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 07:17:12 PM »

Oh boy.....must need to make an alimoney payment.
Both of 'em.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 07:29:42 PM »

I don't know about Die Hard, but the Indie movie has been in the plans for years.  They have just been waiting for a script. Frank Darabont  (director  and screenwriter of Green Mile and Shawshank Redemption) wrote one, but Lucas didn't like it. So now they have the guy that wrote Pirates of the Caribbean doing a rewrite.

My understanding is that the movie is to take place in the 50's  to reflect Ford's real age.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
dean
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2004, 10:21:00 PM »

An indiana Jones movie set in the 50's?  This better mean that Nazi's are still around, you can't have a Jones movie without Nazi's, or at least that's my general feeling towards it! :P

I actually wouldn't mind another Die Hard, just as long as they bade bruce willis die really really hard!
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2004, 10:37:09 PM »

There weren't any Nazis in Temple of Doom *gag*
The most unnecessary movie ever made is the 2003 Texas Chainsaw Massacre.  Blech.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
BlackAngel
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2004, 03:12:34 AM »

Or even worse, the Rocky 6 movie does pull through.  And after the 4 years, the former Govenator, making Terminator 4.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Bulls**t!  I still can't hear you, sound off like you got a pair
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 01:40:59 PM »

I hope the new Indiana Jones movie will take place in the 1950s.  It will be hard to believe that he is 20 years older and it is still the 1930s . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Flangepart

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2004, 06:42:58 PM »

Hey, Burgo...i remember the "Young indiana Jones Cronicles" eph, where Ford plays Indy in the 50's. I say 50's cause of the cars involved. Its the one where young Indy had a Chicago story., and while running from some baddies, Indy tells the eph's story to a friend as they wait out a snowstorm in a cabin.
In the end Indy sayes the day with a loud noise, and falling snow.
I watched it, just cause Ford guest starred.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Two Most Unnecesary Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.