Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:05:52 PM
714528 Posts in 53099 Topics by 7745 Members
Latest Member: Documentkgh
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  B-Movie heaven « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: B-Movie heaven  (Read 1165 times)
Dean
« on: April 20, 2004, 11:06:43 PM »

I am currentyl enjoying B-movie heaven.  I recently discovered a video store near my Uni which is selling all this old stock from video stores; basically every crappy movie [even too crappy for this site] ever released on video is probably there.  I recently picked up Stryker and the War of the Worlds sequel for $2 together.

Haven't watched them yet, but they look pretty bad.  Which is good!

Since most video stores lately seem to be focusing on New Releases, do any of you folks have a place where you can go to quell your B-movie cravings?
Phantom 187
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 01:10:22 AM »

I was wondering, do they have "Eraser head" by any chance? Ive been looking for that movie.
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 02:38:58 AM »

While online shopping has more or less eliminated the need for places like this, the special joy associated with finding a place that stocks tons of cheap b-movies can be compared only with chocolate and assisted orgasms as far as I'm concerned.
There's a liquidation company that comes through the mall here in Mason City, IA about once every year, and they have tons of cheeseball b-movies for $.99 a pop.  My favorite find so far: Ator the Fighting Eagle.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
daveblackeye15

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004, 10:10:26 AM »

OH MY GOD! War of the Worlds got a sequel!!?? When did they do this!?

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2004, 12:03:17 PM »

Back in the mid-to-late 1980s, I used to go to a video store that was owned by a guy who LOVED terrible movies.  He had just about every obscure title that you could imagine.

These days, I don't rent anymore.  I just buy everything I want on DVD.  So I just go to my movie racks when I need a bad movie fix and pop in a DVD.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2004, 01:12:20 PM »

Dean, unfortunately I've had to pretty much rely on the net to buy things. Altough there is a video store by me that carries a lot of bad movies, just not the "good" bad movies (if that makes sense). for example they carry crap like "scarecrow" and "da hip hop witch," but no cult films (?).
dean
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2004, 11:24:10 AM »

Whilst online buying is probably more conveniant and easier, I just find it really satisfying to physically look through heaps of movies, just to see what's out there, You never know what you might find, and since I'm a B-Movie fan who hasn't seen, sadly, enough bad movies, finding new movies to watch is always fun.

People get angry at me when we rent movies because I take half and hour minumum, just because I like to see whats out there.

I'll keep an eye out for Eraser Heads, but the quality of most of these movies are pretty low, even for a B-movie, so I'm not sure about your luck.

And yes they did make a War of the Worlds sequel, I haven't watched it yet, but the back of the video summed up is that the Aliens are back and can take over any body they want [?] and some stuff happens.  I really need to clean my room; I can't find the damn thing now...

bugger.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2004, 05:58:23 PM »

After that sequel, they actually made it into a short-lived TV series.  Or maybe this sequel is actually the pilot to the TV show, not sure.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
JohnL

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2004, 12:28:16 AM »

>After that sequel, they actually made it into a short-lived TV series. Or maybe this
>sequel is actually the pilot to the TV show, not sure.

Yes, there was a TV movie where the alien bodies were stored in oil drums, but they weren't actually dead. They accidentally get released and start taking over people's bodies. Probably the best part is when they showed three of the martian ships in a wharehouse. This was basically the pilot for the War of the World series, as it had the same cast and the story lead directly into the show. The aliens were an updated version of the ones seen in the original movie, but bigger and you never really got a good look at them, you usually just saw their hands.

For the second season, they changed the entire tone of the show. Even though it was supposed to be a direct continuation of the first season, which was set in normal, present day, the world seemed to have gone down the toilet overnight.  A second wave of aliens that had been transformed into humans arrived and executed all of the previous aliens and the heroes ended up going underground and fighting the aliens through an informal resistance.

In a nice touch, this show actually had an ending.

War of the Worlds
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  B-Movie heaven « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.