Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:27:48 AM
714518 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recently Viewed Films (been on vacation) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Films (been on vacation)  (Read 905 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: April 17, 2004, 09:30:37 PM »

I've been away from the board for about 10 days and just returned Thursday evening. Had a chance to catch a few films before and after the trip. Here they are:

XXX - Vin Diesel is clearly the star of this modern James Bond type film. It was clean without much blood and still an entertaining film. The title is perhaps the only offensive thing about the film. The film had its own style.

SHAKIEST GUN IN THE WEST - Don Knotts stars in this comedy Western. Didn't see it all, but was enjoying Knotts comedy. I remember THE APPLE DUMPLING GANG at the theater when I was a kid with both Don Knotts and Tim Conway. What a team.

BIG FISH - Saw this on the plane to Las Vegas last week, but only bought one earphone for my daughter to listen. Even without the sound it was good. I'll have to see it with the sound one day. (see it with sound?)

THE NEW GUY -  I liked this one. Funny teen film about a kid getting advice on being cool and then uses his new knowledge to enter a different school were he becomes the coolest dude. Fun film.

BIG FAT LIAR - Funny story with appearances by most of the early Nickolodeon cast and even Erkiel from that Network TV show. These kids get revenge on a film director for stealing their show ideal. kinda a pre-teen film, but when they turn the dude blue it becomes funny.

JohnL

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2004, 11:13:23 AM »

>THE NEW GUY

I liked it (how could I not with Elisha Dusku putting on a bikini show and riding the mechanical bull???), but thought it was pretty dumb. The whole idea of people being scared of the "crazy eye" was really stupid.

>BIG FAT LIAR

I liked this one quite a bit, especially the blue dye part and sending him to the wrong location.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2004, 12:39:58 PM »

The only one I've seen is "The Shakiest Gun in the West, " which is a remake of what I consider to be the superior "The Paleface."

If you like "The Apple Dumpling Gang," then you might try its sequel "The Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again," where Don Knotts and Tim Conway are teamed up again once more.

Scott

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2004, 08:28:12 PM »

JohnL, that crazy eye thing was funny and yes stupid.

I hear you BoyScoutKevin. I'll try to catch those Don Knotts and Conway films again if I hadn't seen both already. It's been a long time.

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2004, 05:49:50 PM »

Scott wrote:

"SHAKIEST GUN IN THE WEST - Don Knotts stars in this comedy Western. Didn't see it all, but was enjoying Knotts comedy."

I saw this about a dozen times when I was a kid.  It seemed like it was on TV about once every 2 or 3 months (usually on Sunday afternoons) on one of the local Boston channels.  They also used to show other Don Knotts movies like THE RELUCTANT ASTRONAUT and THE INCREDIBLE MR. LIMPET over and over again.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Scott

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2004, 08:52:53 AM »

Yep, and THE GHOST AND MR. CHICKEN.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recently Viewed Films (been on vacation) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.