Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:53:25 PM
714456 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Warhammer 40k « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 1495 times)
Gecko Brothers
« on: April 25, 2004, 12:17:56 AM »

Does anyone play this board game or any other game workshop stuff. another thing what is with the skulls in 40k?
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 08:59:37 PM »

I do, Tyranids.  Used to play much for Fantasy Battle, but  that was in Atlanta.  For some reason, the players are flip-flopped up here on Long Island.  There are plenty of 40K players, but very few Fantasy Battle.

I see all the skulls with the Chaos armies, not so many with others.  Chaos has been big this year with the theme Games Workshop has been following - the group I play with breaks down something like this:

Space Marines - 5 or 6 (all different chapters)
Eldar - 1
Tau - 2
Orks - 1
Necrons - 2
Imperial Guard - 2
Chaos Space Marines - 2
Chaos Imperial Guard - 3 or 4
Tyranids - 1 (me)

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2004, 11:02:53 PM »

Can't say I dig on the whole board game part of this stuff, but the PS2 game that came out recently is pretty killer.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Gecko Brothers
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2004, 08:34:41 PM »

I'd like to get the Tau and Tyranids they look so cool! This kinda sucks that RPG board/strategy board games are no longer popular, yet we still have kids wanting to play Yu-gi-oh and crap. If I ever get married and have kids. I'll teach them rpg board games and the ultima rpgs on the computer. Anyways, so mostly the Chaos Marines have skulls or just mostly all the marines, except Imperials. So in the future everyone's  grandchildren will love punk metal.NOOOOO!!!!!!!!! WHERE'S JAZZ!!!!
frannie
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2004, 07:17:14 PM »

don't play warhammer or 40k but i do play bloodbowl.
Gecko Brothers
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2004, 10:44:02 PM »

That's cool! It is still a game workshop boardgame. I was actually thinking of getting that instead of 40k but space marines called me.
JohnL

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2004, 01:08:53 AM »

I've never played any traditional RPGs. I probably would have, but I never had any friends who were into them. When I got a computer, I could never get into computerized RPGs. I tried playing a couple and usually get slaughtered by the first couple creatures I bump into.
frannie
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2004, 12:34:41 PM »

yeah its still got kind of a cult following.  GW doesn't really manage it as much as warhammer or 40k.  if you go to www.fumbbl.com there is a java based version you can download and play others on the net.
Gecko Brothers
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2004, 10:15:57 PM »

The problem is you don't get the same feel like making and painting your own soldiers.
frannie
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2004, 01:41:20 PM »

but considering the sucktacular painting/modeling skills i posess, that doesn't bother me that much
Gecko Brothers
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2004, 08:03:11 PM »

true, very true. I like to cover mine in a wierd color then add an appendage to the bottom. then splatter blood red over the base.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Warhammer 40k « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.