Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:57:04 PM
714454 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Flying Virus on SciFi tonight « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Flying Virus on SciFi tonight  (Read 886 times)
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: May 01, 2004, 07:52:53 PM »

Tonight at 9pm & 1am (Eastern) is the premiere of the latest killer bee movie, Flying Virus. They actually got quite a few B-list stars to appear in this, including Gabrielle Anwar and Rutger Hauer. It also airs next Thurday at 7pm (Eastern).
Mr. Hockstatter
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2004, 10:32:04 PM »

Well, I sat through the first one hour twenty minutes of it, and here I am at my computer.  So, I guess it wasn't quite as entertaining as the internet ;)  It didn't help that they showed the superior Deadly Swarm right before it.  Flying Virus just has so many plot holes that it was downright silly.  Bees eat a panther - gosh, just in the nick of time! - but leave the people untouched.  People throw flaming spears at a military base of some sort, and every spear lands right in a barrel of rocket fuel.  What are the odds?  Looked an awful lot like Rambo II.  Rutger Hauer shoots one of his men just for the fun of it, but the rest of his men have no reaction.  One guy with a semi-auto rifle kills a bunch of guys, but a bunch of guys shooting at him with assault rifles just can't seem to hit him.  And bees attack people flying coach, but they're safe if they all move to first class.  And even though everyone on the plane is now in first class, it's not the least bit crowded.  Still plenty of empty seats even.  And they're building a 100 mile super highway into the middle of nowhere?  Hmmm, don't they usually use those things to connect cities or something?

Oh well.  I suppose I getter get back to the TV and catch the exciting conclusion.
Mr. Hockstatter
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2004, 11:11:09 PM »

Some things I learned:

South America is a really small continent.  If an airplane and a helicopter are both flying simultaneously over South America, they will be within sight of each other.

Helicopters fly as fast as jet airliners.

A computer nerd can reprogram the computer on an airliner to emit false radar signatures.

If a plane lands in South America, it will land within one block of the village you just happen to be in.  See really small continent theory above.

Passenger jets have extraordinarily rugged landing gear.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Flying Virus on SciFi tonight « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.