Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:33:33 PM
714413 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Batman Begins « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Batman Begins  (Read 3356 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: May 03, 2004, 05:26:51 PM »

Following the Gecko Brothers post about  The Batman animated show, I was wondering if anyone else is following the new Batman movie.  So, far it sounds good and has a  big name cast .

Batman/ Bruce Wayne - Christian  Bale
Alfred - Michael Caine
Lucius Fox (gadget guy at Wayne Industries) - Morgan Freeman
Lt. Jim Gordon - Gary Oldman
Ducard (mentor to Bruce/ Ra's Al Ghul' s Lt. ) - Liam Neeson
Ra's Al Ghul - Ken Watanabe (Last Samurai)
Rachel (love interest/childhood friend) - Katie Holmes
Scarecrow - Cillian Murphy
Falcone - Tom Wilkinson
Earle(wants to steal company from Bruce) - Rutger Hauer

The director is Christopher Nolan. They are shooting it in England and Chicago. The story sounds good  and the production looks quite different from the previous incarnations. It will also follow Batman when he first starts out.

They have some pics on the official site of the Batmobile (looks like a cross between a jet tractor and a formula one racer).  It supposedly will really do 135mph.  They also have first pictures of Bale as Batman and Bruce Wayne, although they are terribly dark.

http://batmanbegins. warnerbros.com/  
Click the Bat emblem  to go to the Batmobile and then click one of the Batmobile pics to go to the Batman pics.

For news items  go to  http://www.batmanonfilm .com/

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
daveblackeye15

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 08:40:04 PM »

I hope it's a LOT better than BF and BaR.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Grumpy Guy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2004, 09:28:38 PM »

This new batman movie looks like it could be really cool.  Here's hoping there are no nipples on the batman suit.

--"I doubt if a single individual could be found from the whole of mankind free from some form of insanity.  The only difference is one of degree."
--Desiderius Erasmus
Gecko Brothers
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2004, 10:00:18 PM »

I am very interested in the movie. I am not really going to question the cast and crew cause they seem pretty reliable. I think that Christian Bale can make a very interesting Batman, and the fact we have Ra's Al Ghul and Scarecrow as the villians is great! I love Scarecrow! To top it off there is no Robin! And in the infamous words of Martha Stewart "that's a good thing!"
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2004, 10:12:44 PM »

I'll probably go see it but the whole time I know I'll be thinking, "Michael Keaton will always be the best as Batman/Bruce Wayne."

Post Edited (05-03-04 22:13)
Eirik
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2004, 10:40:22 PM »

Rutger Hauer??  So much promise after Bladerunner and Ladyhawke... and then what the hell happened?  Last I saw of him, he was in a movie about F-16 pilots in the Balkan peacekeeping operation.  It also starred the villain from T2.  Hauer was supposed to be an F-16 pilot, but instead looked like he'd packed on about 180 pounds since Bladerunner.  I seriously doubt whether he would have even FIT into an F-16 cockpit.

Hope he cleaned himself up if he's gonna be in this movie.  The movie looks promising even though it is really discouraging that EVERY new movie I hear is in the works is either a remake or a sequal.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2004, 06:09:48 PM »

Bring back Adam West and Burt Ward, I say!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
smengie
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2004, 03:46:10 AM »

"Michael Keaton will always be the best as Batman/Bruce Wayne."

Amen to that.

Although that was probably has a lot ot do with the fact that  he was in the only Batman movie that was really any good.

Christian Bale is going to be in his "mysterious/brooding guy" mode I'm sure(His only acting mode anyway). Hope he doesn't lay it on too thick and drag down the film.

Seeing Rutger Hauer's name makes me think of that action cheesefest he did where he played a blind guy that knew kung-fu or whatever. "Blind Justice"!  Man, that film should really be in the reviews section of this site.
nobody
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2004, 11:57:51 AM »

I had no idea Scarecrow was going to be in this movie. That's awesome. I'll go see it now. Ra's Al Ghul is by far one of the lamest Batman villains, and he alone wasn't going to get me into the theaters.
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2004, 04:15:09 AM »

As far as has been revealed, there are no nipples on the Bat Costume.

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Eirik
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2004, 08:17:08 AM »

"I had no idea Scarecrow was going to be in this movie."

Haven't they pretty much killed off all the other bad guys?  I hear they're talking to Drew Carey about being King Tut in the next one.
Larry
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2004, 11:43:41 PM »

I agree that Micheal Keaton will be the BEST personification of BATMAN and Bruce Wayne. He got that philosophical look, powerful mouth (you only see Batman's mouth in his Batman suit) and deep frown that this superhero needs to have.

Afterall, Batman is just human. There  must be some form of superhuman element in BATMAN that makes him fearless and also feared by vicious villians.  

Batman has got to be thinking, has got to plan beforehand what he has to do in his night hunts. Because Batman can die just like anyone else and so Batman has got to be careful yet fearless. I think Micheal Keaton in BATMAN (first movie) has portrayed Batman very well in this aspect.  It's classic and the yardstick of Batman movies.

Other actors such as Vil Kilmer, George Clooney and now Christian Bale -- they act Batman in different refreshing ways. It will be interesting to see the latest Batman movie.

Jay
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2004, 12:10:33 PM »

Rutger Hauer?? So much promise after Bladerunner and Ladyhawke... and then what the hell happened?

Nice to see him in an A movie again.  I thought he did well in Ladyhawke and he was very creepy in "Hitcher" but his career really went downhill.  He did some pretty good B stuff life "Split Second" and he seemed to at least be trying  in "Omega Doom" but he sorta phoned it in for "Redline" and I swear that in "Precious Find" he was drunk on set and they re-worked the dialog around that.  "Precious Find" was a big disappointment because some of the earlier parts of the movie had Hauer and Brion James seeming to actually be having fun as a couple of veteran B-movie actors not taking themselves too seriously, but it went bad pretty quickly.   He seems to me to be the type of actor who can act a lot better than the roles his career has given him.  I hope he can capitalize on this and get some better jobs in the future.
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2004, 05:45:33 PM »

1. I love the first two Batman movies. The Batman character, overall, is great, and is still extremely dark compared to the generic thought of what a superhero is.

2. I love Christian Bale. I may lose face for saying this, but even as a heterosexual male, I would let him shag me rotten. He's a tremendous actor, and an overall class-act. I'm amazed he's not in more big movies, considering how wonderful of a talent he truly is.

Yes, I'll be seeing this.

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
Eirik
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2004, 08:41:33 AM »

Wow, you're a Rutger Hauer expert!  No complaints about the guy they got, but when I first heard they were making LOTR, Hauer was the first guy who came to mind for Theodin...  assuming he could get back in shape.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Batman Begins « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.