Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:43:38 AM
714501 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Question about "Manos" « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Question about "Manos"  (Read 992 times)
TheEvilDoctor
Dedicated Viewer

« on: May 17, 2004, 12:42:30 PM »

About 1 hour into the movie (1 hour + 1 minute if i'm correct) it shows 2 policemen walking around their car 'looking' for something (what, nodoby knows).
One of them carried some kind of flashlight, and at one point put it away and took something else out of the car and waves it around.
I have rewinded it about 10 times and paused it at the point where he holds it in front of himself, but I COULD NOT figure out what the hell this object was supposed to be.
It looked remotely like a flashlight but because he just put the flashlight away it wouldn't make sense to take another one out would it? (Of course, this is "MANOS" we are talking about here) It looked a bit like a lightsabre too and it didn't emit light at all so it probably wasn't a flashlight but hey who knows?

Maybe anyone here knows it ?_?

Muahahahaha
TheEvilDoctor
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 12:37:46 PM »

Anybody? :(

Muahahahaha
BeyondTheGrave
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 02:51:52 PM »

evildoc i got to tell even thought i havent been here long i have seen the same question in the threads around here. its a great mystery that if every solved shall be the greatest acheviement of mankind or its downfall. ok not that dramatic but damn if anyone knows:)

"Dont be a fool for ur tool"

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

TheEvilDoctor
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 03:13:17 PM »

I asked this question in the previous manos topic too so you'd probably seen that one :)

Muahahahaha
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 03:27:45 PM »

I'm just amazed that your attention would still be that focused an hour into Manos.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
BeyondTheGrave
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004, 03:30:34 PM »

yeah your right i probably did. well good luck finding your answer i seen manos too and still dont know what the hell that thing was.

"Dont be a fool for ur tool"

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

TheEvilDoctor
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2004, 05:55:13 PM »

Manos is actually pretty watchable.
Provided you're with some friends and watch it as a comedy.

I must admit I tried to watch it on my own on a quiet evening, but I couldn't get on after about 40 minutes. It's really a one-of-a-kind movie but INCREDIBLY FUNNY in it's own strange kind of way. Like when Torgo walks up to mike, taps him on the shoulder with his staff, they look at eachother for about 10 seconds without saying anything and he just walks off again. I REALLY could not stop laughing :)
Or the painting which is shown 5 or 6 times with the 'dramatic' music playing every time it gets on screen. Also the 'The end?' got me rolling off of my chair in laughter. I mean would anyone in their right mind even THINK of financing a sequel to such a masterpiece?
The running time is also pretty forgiving, you get the feeling you've wasted time but it's only 68 minutes so it's not such a big deal.

Muahahahaha
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Question about "Manos" « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.