Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:41:34 PM
714458 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  kung fu « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: kung fu  (Read 1097 times)
rosebud
« on: May 20, 2004, 07:18:18 PM »

any kung fu fans out there, if so fav movie and why?

Right now mine is Hero with jet li, words can not describe this movie if you have seen it then you know what I mean.
Mr. Hockstatter
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 08:19:48 PM »

I really liked the Bruce Lee movies.  Seen them all many times.  The Jackie Chan movies are fun, but once you've seen his comedy thing a couple of times that's plenty.  I've only seen one Jet Li movie, it was pretty good.  But they all seem too focused on special effects and such.  The Bruce Lee movies were very much about the characters, which made them a whole lot better.

Darkautumn
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2004, 10:27:39 AM »

My favorite Kung-Fu movie? "The Five Venoms" (or "The 5 Deadly Venoms".) I know it's not the best, or even the best that that group of actors (the"Venoms Mob") did for Shaw Brothers, but it was the first real martial arts movie I saw, so I guess I'm partial to it.

Other faves:
"The Chinese Connection" ("Fist of Fury") Bruce Lee
"The Shaolin Temple" w/Jet Lee
"Duel of the Iron Fist" ("The Duel") Ti Lung & David Chiang
"Crippled Avengers" ("Mortal Combat") The Venoms

Guess you can tell, I'm Old-School all the way.
Kory
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2004, 06:18:34 AM »

It's hard to pick one favorite, but I LOVE "Legend of Drunken Master" with Jackie Chan.  There's a kickass 20 minute fight scene at the end that is unreal!!
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2004, 09:12:09 AM »

I like the Bruce Lee movies and the Sonny Chiba STREET FIGHTER collection.  BLACK BELT JONES is a funny blaxploitation martial arts movie.  I'm also a big fan of the KUNG FU television series (I bought the recently released first season on DVD).  Many Jackie Chan movies are also fun.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Kung_Fu_Bowler
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2004, 03:36:55 AM »

Yeah, I'm a kung fu fan. My favourite kung fu flick is "Drunken Master 2". So far, the best there is.
jga
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2004, 03:20:25 PM »

Duel to the Death and Story of Ricky, even though that one didn't have much fancy kung-fu
lester1/2jr
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2004, 06:13:32 PM »

I love duel to the death.  I'd recommend

http://www.ronlim.com/martial.html

My favorite is masterkiller
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2004, 11:17:23 AM »

I saw many a kid that I never new the titles of. The one I liked were the ones were someone must fight for some reason like the death of their master and they would train using ingenious training methods to enhance their skills.

Most of the Kung Fu films are junk to most martial artist as it's not good martial arts. Fighting is a game of odds and the best fighting is practiced against your average agressor not the athletic professionals of the fighting world. Not to mention real martial artist only use it as self defense. It's a short game of chance and sometimes of death, not the long theatrical fights or compititions of show business and sports. That is not to say that Kung Fu films are not fun and sometimes inspirational.

Here's one from 1978 called SNAKE IN THE EAGLES SHADOW that was fun to watch. Encore played it recently.

Post Edited (06-01-04 11:25)

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2004, 12:35:30 PM »

"Five Deadly Venoms" is just plain fun.  We recently were doing some sustainment training for our Marine Corps Martial Arts and, after one move, I jumped up and pointed at my practice partner and said "You're the Toad!"  Unfortunately, the Gunnery Sergeant didn't quite get the joke.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Darkautumn
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2004, 12:44:31 PM »

Heh, heh. If your partner got the joke, his correct response should have been "Well, since you know who I am, let's see who you are." Great movie.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  kung fu « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.