Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:05:14 AM
714463 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Hocus Pocus « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hocus Pocus  (Read 877 times)
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« on: June 06, 2004, 10:10:45 PM »

So while flipping through channels I stopped on Disney to see my favorite film as a kid, Hocus Pocus. It is the movie in which three which sisters (two being Bette Middler and Sarah Jessica Parker) square off against 3 kids, a zombie, and a talking immortal cat. They sniff children's life essences like so much cocaine.

In any case I LOvED this movie as a child. Out of nostalgia I decided to watch the entire movie again and BOY is it awful. It could be that childhood sugarcoats memories but then why do I still love Land Before Time?

Just wondering if any of you have seen this or have any shocks like this where you cant believe you liked that really just awful movie.

Two others of mine are Steven King's It which scarred me for months, I wouldn't even go into a bathroom alone. The other is some Harrison Ford Gene Wilder movie where Wilder is a rabbi/cowboy, just not funny at all.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
BeyondTheGrave
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 04:21:45 AM »

yeah evan this has happened to me. my grandmother(may she rest in peace) used to watch b- horror movies(like day of the dead) and i used to be scared s**tless from them. but  now i love b-movies and  i thank her for exposeing me to them.

"I know I know ive been exposed permeant psychoses...
at least colors are nice" - Aeon Flux

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Yaddo42
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2004, 08:29:35 PM »

Just a comment about "Hocus Pocus". I've never been a fan of it, but 1 time out of 3 that I go to my local Hollywood Video, this is playing on the walls of monitors that clutter the store. Someone at that store really likes that movie, or else management considers it perfect harmless entertainment to have playing constantly. Of course whenever I go in there after about 9:30 the two guys working there usually have a grossout comedy or "Anger Management "playing. Any other time it seems to be episodes of "Dora the Explorer". Ouch!
JohnL

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2004, 11:55:21 PM »

I still like Hocus Pocus. I like the little gags they put in, like when the sisters see a road for the first time and think it's a black river. The other two exchange looks and then shove Sarah Jessica Parker out onto it to test it.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2004, 12:02:04 AM »

I remember enjoying this film. Fun little film.

BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2004, 12:32:02 PM »

I liked it, too, when I saw it on the big screen.

As a side note, the other sister is played by Kathy Najimy.

And watch for uncredited appearances by actress Penny Marshall and her older brother, director Garry Marshall.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Hocus Pocus « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.