Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:36:19 PM
714656 Posts in 53102 Topics by 7748 Members
Latest Member: Lucinda02
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Riddick Has Come « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Riddick Has Come  (Read 934 times)
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« on: June 13, 2004, 10:05:00 PM »

I will open this by saying see this IMMEDIATELY.  It is the best movie I have seen this year to my knowledge.

I just saw Chronicles today, and though he has only made three movies, David Twohy should be considered in the same field as Sam Raimi. I was very worried, as with Raimi, that Hollywood would really mess up Twohy's vision. While Riddick was much softer and more mainstream than Pitch Black, but he still wins out and does things we aren't used to seeing in movies today.

In any event, the plot was complex, but I went with two who had never seen Pitch Black, and it did not affect their enjoyment for the movie, and as a huge Pitch Black fan, I think it enhanced my viewing of it.

The action scenes were the most compelling since the Matrix 2 and Kiss of the Dragon, all but one were just astounding. The CGI was heavily used, but very effective. THough the new Star Wars special effects are much sharper and realistic, these fit the movie much better and really are not a detraction at all.

The bad guys are cool, the aliens are fun.

However, the only thing suspect is the acting for sure.  None of the actors are overly compelling, but the one that really got to me was Judi (Judy??) Dench. She was wooden and her character pointless. I wonder how much money it takes for Dench to sell her soul to awful roles, same goes for Stupid Halle Berry.

In any case I give chronicles 8 of 10 stars (Memento and Indiana Jones the only ones I have ever given a 10).

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 11:50:47 AM »

Evan3 wrote:

> I will open this by saying see this IMMEDIATELY.  It is the
> best movie I have seen this year to my knowledge.
>
> I just saw Chronicles today, and though he has only made three
> movies, David Twohy should be considered in the same field as
> Sam Raimi.

David Twohy has directed four movies and written screenplays for quite a few more.  Can't wait to see RIDDICK!

Chronicles of Riddick, The (2004)
Below (2002)
Pitch Black (2000)
Arrival, The (1996)
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 12:02:56 PM »

Hmm..I passed "Imposter" at the video store last week...and I've seen "Grand Tour: Disaster In Time" on the shelf as well..

Also, "The Fugitive"...loved that movie

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Susan
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 08:20:09 PM »

Hmm, it was good but it wasn't THAT good ;-)
Sometimes the dialogue diesel says is so hokey because I know it's feeding into every man's fantasy of what he wishes he could say

Was that supposed to really be 5 years after the fact? she looked pretty seasoned for a 17 year old

Neville

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2004, 06:04:49 AM »

The reviews are being quite harsh, as far as I know, but I'm watching this one anyway. I enjoyed "Pitch Black" and "The Arrival" is one of the best B-Movies I've ever seen, so I have no choice.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Felesha
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2004, 09:16:24 AM »

yOU SURE RIGHT I SAW IT THE DAY IT CAME OUT! I AM A OBSESSIVE VIN DIESEL FAN I AM IN LOVE WITH HIM. ANWAY THE WHOLE POINT OF jUDI BEING IN THE MOVIE IS TO BE THE ONE WHO UNFOLDS HIS PASS. SO THAT WAS HERE POINT IN THE MOVIE IF YOU WAS INTERESTED THEN YOU WOULD OF KNOWN THAT.wHY ARE YOU HATING ON HALLE BERRY yOU MUST BE JEALOUS OF HER OR SOMETHING AND THATS HOW YOU SPELL HER NAME GET THAT s**t RIGHT YA HEARD
JohnL

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2004, 06:52:11 PM »

pLEASE TURN OFF YOUR cAPS-lOCK kEY!
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2004, 02:45:40 AM »

i cANT, iT wOULD bE tOO pAINfUL

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Riddick Has Come « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.