Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:34:26 PM
714386 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "My sword is for hire." « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "My sword is for hire."  (Read 2106 times)
Gerry
« on: September 17, 2001, 02:22:07 PM »

Little did Princess Alana know what she was in for when she hired  Talon's sword.  (I love that table rising scene; it makes me laugh every time).  Notice the last time she was seen was when she and Talon swung off to the boudoir.

Great review of THE SWORD AND THE SORCEROR, Andrew.  It is a truly great B-movie.

And thanks for bumping the Mae West picture down a slot on the home page.  It was making me sick everytime I visited the site.

Anyone interested in my review of THE SWORD AND THE SORCEROR can read it here:

http://www.scifilm.org/reviews/sorcerer.html
Flangepart
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2001, 05:00:35 PM »

Andrew and Gerry....that sounds like a comedy act.....youse is good boys. Sword and sorcery is always good for a laugh. But, has anyone ever told such a story from the point of view of the "Sword fodder?" It'd be interesting to show a film from the Evil Emperior's foot sloggers point of view once. Some one wrote a novel from the Orcs point of view...."Troops?"..."Orcs?". Oh well. Make a good Zucker Bros. Sendup i'd bet. Ohhh, i like that idea! In fact, what would you like to see happen to your favorite S & S clichae?
Gerry
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2001, 06:13:41 PM »

Wow!  I am honored to even be included in the same sentence as Andrew.  Thanks, Flange.

As far as overturning a S&S cliche, I'd like to see the hero get an arrow through the eye when he was busy spinning his sword around (ala BEASTMASTER) instead of getting down to business.  And I'd like to see the scantily clad amazon woman get stuck at high altitude and get frost bite on her nippies.  There are strong arguments for sensible clothes in warrior women.
Andrew
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2001, 06:44:30 PM »

Thank you, but believe me, I'm just a regular person like everyone else.

As for Mae slowly fading from memory: it was that or risk eternal madness.  If Azathoth has a bride it is surely an 85 year-old Mae West.

Andrew
Flangepart
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2001, 11:22:51 AM »

Good point...er, points! Sure it looks cool, for us guys, but it can't be comfortable! The diddlehoppin' with the sword play....how "Lost Ark" is that? I'd like to see the side kick save the day, get the princess, and leave the hero standin' there with his scabbard in his hand, with a look of "....the heck just happened?!" on his face.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "My sword is for hire." « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.