Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:22:33 AM
714509 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Van the Helsing « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Van the Helsing  (Read 1115 times)
Freeburger
« on: June 27, 2004, 02:56:07 PM »

Okay, Just saw Van Helsing. Ya it was worth my money. It was an Action, thriller and had a touch of a love story into it. Over all, I'd say 2 thumbs up. Oh and the reason I just saw van helsing is because I live over seas and we get the movies, a little later

But what did everybody think of the movie, or do you want to see it. I'm not sure everybody's seen it.  But you have to see it if you haven't
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2004, 03:13:11 PM »

I've seen it and it has some good moments.

It also has a few bad moments as well.

It was worth the $4 to go see.
Kory
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2004, 04:28:28 PM »

$4??  Where do you live?
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2004, 05:23:15 PM »

www.collinsroadtheaters.com

I live in Iowa
AlexB
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2004, 03:02:40 AM »

I saw it as well. Good fun.

Granted, the idea of Dracula abducting the Frankenstein monster in order to bring his brood to life is profoundly silly, but not much sillier than glaciers covering New York and wolves roaming the streets of Manhattan.

What I didn't like was that the final showdown between Van Helsing and Dracula was entirly CG. It just doesn't work. Also, Dracula was hopeless. A good chief vampire should be menacing and mysterious. You don't really have to act, as long as you look the part (think Grace Jones). This one was neither. Quite possibly the worst vampire lord since Rutger Hauer in Buffy (the movie).

Still, it had Hugh Jackman in great form and Kate Beckinsale in a bodice. What more can you ask?
Ted
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2004, 05:59:27 AM »

I saw it and loved it!   Seems stupid to pick it apart,  ITS A MOVIE!  If it was a lot of CG.........Gee, maybe next time they can get a real vampire and wolfman to do it..
IguanaGirl
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2004, 07:28:53 AM »

I have to agree, Dracular was about as compelling as a clod of dirt. And his brides needed proper acting lessons too.
Pepak
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2004, 10:38:34 AM »

Well, I saw it yesterday. What a waste of time! If it were a real-time demo of a new 3D engine for some game, I would say WOW! As a movie it's boring piece of crap with nice effects that get tiring within ten minutes (though they are still good). Zero points for the story, four points for the visuals. Out of ten.
SadClown
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2004, 11:09:32 PM »

$4.. holy hell where did u see a movie for $4... omg i just crapped my pants.....  i thought Van Helsing was entertaining... Hugh Jackman is hot.. but not as hot as Kate Beckinsale . I laughed most of the way through the movie.... i thought it was freakin hilarious... wasn't it supposed to be a horror movie though? lol
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Van the Helsing « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.