Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:05:03 PM
714478 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Are you a long time listener, first time caller? Time to chip in! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: OT: Are you a long time listener, first time caller? Time to chip in!  (Read 2441 times)
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2004, 11:25:48 AM »

I've been comming to Andrew's site for some time. Years, in fact....maby, 3? Came here from The Bad Movie report, by Dr. Freex favorable link.
It's part of my daily routine, when i have the time.
Always glad when Andrew has time for a new review.
Speakin' of which...is he out of the country, agine?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Acidburn
Bad Movie Lover

When I was your age, television was called Books!

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2004, 02:21:59 PM »

I found this site by word of mouth.  I have been looking around for about a week now and made my first post the day I found it. :0

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The flowers are still standing...
peter johnson
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2004, 05:12:55 PM »

I suppose I've been reading/posting for 4 or 5 years -- I guess I first posted in late '99.
I used to post 5-20 times a day & get into all sorts of running commentaries, but got worn down by a nasty argument I had with Squishy The Squid -- several nasty arguments, acutally.  Maybe the guy was 100% correct in everything he said, but his manner wore me out & made visiting the board a chore instead of a pleasure.
I'm in at least one movie here in the reviews --- ROBOC.H.I.C. (click on my name & see my picture!) -- and try to do as much commercial/film work as I can (not much/never enough), so you may have seen me in other things, too (Kill Line, various late-night lawyer spots, etc. etc.).
I haven't been around for awhile -- ongoing computer problems -- & have missed the site, especially Vermin & The Demons of Stupidity.  Is Vermin still around?  I was deeply honored that I got a mention in the liner notes of the last Demons CD.
I hope to hell my new film -- "Punkworld", made by Boris, the videographer for George "Parliament/Funkadelic" Clinton -- gets any sort of release.  Direct to vid., buried on late-night cable, I don't care -- just don't bury the goddam thing . . .
peter johnson
Susan
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2004, 08:23:38 PM »

Feel special, i don't post on any other boards. I don't have time to read any other boards. Back in the day i used to work as a sysop on compuserve, moderating contributing as well as doing tech stuff to the boards and rooms. It was a general world forum, naturally I ran the entertainment msg section. I have no memory of how i found this site, probably my usual surfing habits and clicking on links listed on various sites.

I suspect there's a good deal of readers out there who find more amusement listening rather than contributing. Sometimes people are real shy about that, some just like seeing others interact. Once in awhile people break through that barrier when a topic hits a nerve. If everyone who visited here posted, dear god we'd have about 101 threads a day titled "what is your favorite bad movie?" Are you ready for that? ;-)  Trust me, you aren't.

Btw something i always thoght would be interesting is if andrew or someone here had something like what bravenet offers (guestmap). It's a neat idea to have us all on a big map, our names and general location. Check out guestmap, i tried it on my site once and didn't have as many participate but with this board we'd get quite a few, at least the regulars. I like the idea of visually seeing everyone's location. ;-)  And maybe if most visitors here really do come from places like kansas and iowa....

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2004, 08:35:58 PM »

Susan wrote:

> Btw something i always thoght would be interesting is if andrew
> or someone here had something like what bravenet offers
> (guestmap). It's a neat idea to have us all on a big map, our
> names and general location. Check out guestmap, i tried it on
> my site once and didn't have as many participate but with this
> board we'd get quite a few, at least the regulars. I like the
> idea of visually seeing everyone's location. ;-)

On my brother's memorial site www.corychapman.com I use the Bravenet Guestmap.  
Here's the direct link to it so you can see what it looks like:
http://pub7.bravenet.com/guestmap/view.php?usernum=577572247

It's totally free and does indeed add a nice little touch to any website.
The only downfall is that you must use Internet Explorer 6 or higher to post your pin.
So many of my friends and family that live in other states can't post on it because they use an older version of IE.
Other than that I think it's fantastic.  You can post your pin, select the flag of your country and write a text message saying whatever you want.

Susan also wrote:
" And maybe if most visitors here really do come from places like kansas and
> iowa...."

Actually, I think that only Brother Ragnarok & I are from Iowa.  There was one other guy named Bmeansgood that I believe was from Des Moines (I think that was him) but he's been missing in action lately.

Post Edited (06-29-04 20:38)
IguanaGirl
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2004, 07:20:59 AM »

I found this site a couple of days ago and this if the trird time I have visited, and the first time I have visited the message board. I think this is my third post so far, I dont usually bother to look at a message board unless I think I will be  interested enough to make a post.

I like the idea of the guestmap, it would be interesting to see if there were any others from Australia, sometimes it seems that everything interesting in bad television and cinema, and the horror, sci-fi and fantasy genres, is happening overseas.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2004, 03:21:55 PM »

I've been looking at Andrew's site since 1999, mostly just reading the reviews.  Over the years, I occasionally browsed the forum, but not really often.  I've only been posting for about a year.  It's only one of three boards I regularly read and/or post on.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
dean
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2004, 05:09:39 AM »

Ah, the aussie invasion hath truly begun [can't you tell where i'm from :-p   ]
Go Iguanagirl, keep on posting.  But god help you if you're from Sydney...

>>>sometimes it seems that everything interesting in bad television and cinema, and the horror, sci-fi and fantasy genres, is happening overseas.

That's a tough call, since Undead was an australian film, in an industry that seems overrun with cheap comedies that invoke the 'australian spirit' and a bunch of larrikins, it was a breath of fresh air.  We are getting there, one would hope.

There's just no budget in the australian film industry for big sci-fi\fantasy epics.  Or at least noone is bothering to try it out, damn people will risk money on a third crocodile dundee, but won't give up a wee bit for a cool sci-fi flick.

We did have Farscape here, that's got to count for something at least...
odinn7

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2004, 09:02:12 AM »

Mad Max and Mad Max II (Road Warrior), don't forget them.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Are you a long time listener, first time caller? Time to chip in! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.