Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 09:34:26 AM
716091 Posts in 53165 Topics by 7774 Members
Latest Member: ThomasEdumb
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  New Nightmare « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Nightmare  (Read 923 times)
I luv dolma
« on: June 29, 2004, 08:20:17 PM »

Okay...can anyone explain to me, about what this movie is about? I've seen it twice, and I struggle to figure out what is going on. Freddy is coming from the movie world to the real world?
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 08:22:58 PM »

I can't remember...
I saw it back when it was released in 1994 I think and I remember disliking it and that it had the original Nancy.

I'm gonna have to watch it again to refresh my memory.
I luv dolma
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 11:58:48 PM »

they play it on IFC every other day now. Along with the original.
IguanaGirl
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 07:35:40 AM »

I think it was just a badly thought out plot excuse to bring Freddy back so they could squeeze that last little bit of money out of the series. The plot didnt really make sense to me either.
Max Gardner
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2004, 04:17:19 PM »

It was about Wes Craven being incredibly pretentious and extolling his own slasher films as high art, or at least as something far scarier and more interesting than they actually were.
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2004, 07:17:17 PM »

Of course New Nightmare was about trying to make more money from the Freddy series. That said, I believe the idea behind the plot was that so many poeple watched the Nightmare movies and believed in Freddy that he became real.
SadClown
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2004, 11:04:09 PM »

Freddy is by far my favorite movie monster... (hubby disagrees severly) to truly understand the Nightmare on elmstreet movies you must first learn that freddy only lives in the imagination of the main characters.. and with the mind being all-powerful over the body he can thus do them bodily harm. The premis of the new nightmare movie is that the main actress Heather Langenkamp comes to believe in the made up character of freddy.. thus he becomes real in her mind and the minds of those around her.... there u have it... dead bodies everywhere... LOL
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  New Nightmare « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.