Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:12:01 AM
714520 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT - Your Wildest Hairstyle « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: OT - Your Wildest Hairstyle  (Read 3442 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« on: July 01, 2004, 07:50:04 AM »

I've had feathered hair, mullets, flat tops, buzzcuts and baldness, but the inspiration for this post comes from my wife. Since she is on vacation for a month, she let me shave her head. She was considering an ultra-short style for summer, and I dared her to do her hair like mine, which has been kept shaved more or less since 93. Never thought she'd go through with it, but she can be pretty determined at times, especially when I was so certain she'd chicken out. She just never struck me as someone who would do it, but she really surprised me.

As it turned out, she looked pretty good. She didn't hate it, as she had expected, and I actually liked it. The urge to tease was still there, however, and I gave her a bit of "who loves ya baby", "etcetera, etcetera, etcetera", and a couple of cracks about V'ger. All in fun, of course.

To her credit, she handled it better than I did the first time. She had been all ready to wear hats and scarves, but mostly just went out bald. She made me wear hats, however, so we didn't look like one of those families that wear matching t-shirts. A bald couple is stranger than a bald woman. She got a couple of stares, but also a lot of compliments, the most surprising coming from my mom (Simon Cowell as a 70-year-old church lady), who still disapproves of my bald head after more than a decade. We also had a great time scaring the living crap out of the girl who rents our spare room.

My wife is about a week into the regrowth, and has been fascinated by each stage - scratchy, velvety and fuzzy, so far. Sounds like she's going to let it go until it grows out to the ultra-short length she'd intended. Hmmm, growing it out to ultra-short. Weird.

Anyway, what is the wildest 'do' you've ever had? Was it a mullet, mohawk, pompadour, afro? Blue, green, pink? Ever shave your head?

Post Edited (07-01-04 08:13)

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2004, 09:00:17 AM »

In the mid-80's, I had curly perms in my hair.  In 1985, when I started a new job, one guy saw me and the first thing out of his mouth was "stay away from my daughter."  His daughter, I learned, was 13, so I said, "no problem."

In the early 90's, I let it grow and grow.  The lady who cut my hair told me each person has a maximum length their hair will grow, so I wanted to see what mine was.  At the same time, I let my beard grow and grow.  I looked 100% like pure scumbag there for a while.  My wife has seen some pictures from those days and has said she'd never have talked to me looking like that.  (It was also done partly as an experiment in sociology....to see if people treated me differently-they did).

Now, it's a simple flattop.  Well, not so simple.  Since moving two years ago, it has taken me numerous tries to FINALLY find a barber around here who cuts a decent flattop.  My hair has looked like crap for most of the two years we've lived here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
raj

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2004, 09:37:26 AM »

In college I let my hair grow all the way past my ears!  which my mom let me know in no uncertain terms was not acceptable to her.  Kind of put me in a bad mood on my graduation.

Now I keep my hair shorter, partly because I'm out in the workforce but mostly because I get annoyed when my hair gets long.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2004, 12:01:41 PM »

So Andy, you're saying that your "Lieutenant Ilea" fantasies have finally come true?
Hehe!  Just kidding.

Actually, I've been losing my hair for about 5 years now so I just buzz the s**t off once a week.
No guard on the clippers.

Here's a picture of me taken in February of this year:

I originally posted that pic on the Pro Wrestling thread that Scott wrote.
I am supposed to be in a wrestling pose.

Post Edited (07-04-04 03:15)
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2004, 02:49:33 PM »

I've had the exact same hair for 21 years.

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2004, 03:30:53 PM »

Brother Ragnarok wrote:

> I've had the exact same hair for 21 years.
>

Really?  You *never* get a haircut?  The exact same hair?

jk  :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
daveblackeye15

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2004, 04:07:39 PM »

My usual hair cut are "flat tops" I like the look and it fits the shape of my head nicely. My wildest would be around the time I need a haircut and I slack off from brushing it for a day or two.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2004, 07:00:00 PM »

In 1973 when I joined the Navy I had hair almost to my shoulders and big set of mutton chop sideburns.  In boot camp they took it all off in about 30 seconds. After I got out I wore in over my ears (it was the 70's) until about  1985 and I just started wearing it about like I had it in the Navy and it's been the same since (except grayer)..

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Susan
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2004, 08:29:30 PM »

80's=heavy metal=big hair
end of story

I dyed it purple once, altho that was entirely a misrepresentation of color by Clairol, not to mention the beginning of the saga in discovering that redheads do not take to dyes very well. I intentionally dyed it blue and had a mohawk for halloween, if that counts ;-)  My hair was probably 3 feet long and it was 1986..good times ;-)

Post Edited (07-01-04 20:30)
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2004, 09:15:07 PM »

Did she go through the fascination of rubbing her stubbly head?  It's an interesting sensation.  So much so that when I shaved my head in high school I couldn't keep away from rubbing it every couple of hours.  In fact, I think I had other people rubbing my head.  Always a good thing when you're trying to attract girls.

Speaking of which, has anybody seen Sinead O'Connor with hair?  She's surprisingly pretty.  Why are the pretty ones always insane?

Anyway, my wildest haircut was when I shaved the entire top of my head bald.  Just the top of my head.  I left the sides with hair.  I looked like a forty year old, this when I was still in high school.  I was going to shave my head like Mr. T, but that took a lot of work so I skipped it to the just the top of the head.  Of course I was also too lazy to cut it for a while after that, so had a regular butch top on the top of my head with really long hair on the sides.  It must have been a weird look, and I wish I had pictures.  I'm sure I got weird looks, but I didn't pay attention because I was in that "phase".

Of course this was directly after I had used excessive Brylcreem in my hair for the better part of the year.  Keep in mind this was the mid-90's.

Man, this is making me feel bad.  I'm not going to have hair for too much longer.  Why bother being extreme with the balding haircut when it turns out I was only ten or so years away?

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
IguanaGirl
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2004, 09:49:24 PM »

My haircuts haven't been extreme, except fwhen I gave myself a haircut at the age of 5. But when I was in high school it changed colour almost every month. It has been white blond, gray, purple, blue, orange, brown, red, green, auburn and pastel pink... occasionally it has been several of these colours at once (I was a big punk fan in high school). Now it is my natural medium blond and has been for a while.

Fry: "Im having one of those things. You know, a headache, with pictures!"
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2004, 10:05:12 PM »

spiked mohawk with devil locks.

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

JohnL

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2004, 03:09:42 AM »

I haven't ever done anything weird with my hair. At times, it's been fairly long, like shoulder length, but that's mainly because I'm too lazy to get it cut. I also have a mustache and scruffy beard, also because I'm too lazy to shave. A guy I knew once remarked that I was starting to look like Jesus.

Thankfully, I don't seen to be losing my hair at all and so far the only gray I have is in my facial hair.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2004, 06:14:37 PM »

Just a pic of me and the Mrs. They say that when couples are together long enough, they start to look alike. There might be something to that.

(If I can get this stupid HTML to work, you will see it. Scott, how do I do this?)

Post Edited (07-02-04 18:17)

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Susan
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2004, 08:41:06 PM »

andy....to post a pic:

type IMG in brackets, then type the link, then type IMG in brackets again, except put /  in front

it will look like this, only use BRACKETS instead of those ( )'s

(IMG)  http://www.typeyourimagelink.jpg (/IMG)

Post Edited (07-02-04 20:42)
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT - Your Wildest Hairstyle « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.