Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:37:05 AM
714425 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  STILL UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD CLIPS FROM BADMOVIES.ORG! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: STILL UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD CLIPS FROM BADMOVIES.ORG!  (Read 1949 times)
kriegerg69
Bad Movie Lover

« on: December 03, 2003, 08:36:41 AM »

Sorry to bring this up again, Andrew, but I just tried downloading the clip you have for "Angry Red Planet"....one I've downloaded before a couple of years ago....and NOW I can't download it! I never, EVER used to have a problem getting any clips off your site, Andrew, and this download inability has been going on for awhile now. I realize we've gone over this before in another thread, but I'm really wondering what's going on here, and if ANYONE else has had the same problem. I just don't understand why, for the longest time, it always worked.....and now it doesn't.

Incidentally....here's the old thread where we talked about this:
http://www.badmovies.org/bbs/read.php?f=2&i=51890&t=51858

Here's a screen capture I did of the error box message that comes up on ANY clip I try downloading off your site:

Yes...I followed your directions on what to do with the "Hosts" file (although I can't understand why I should have to do that since it always worked before without changing the file), and it didn't work. Haven't tried downloading any clips since then, so I was surprised I was still having this problem.

HELP, Please!!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Mein Führer! I can walk!!"
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2003, 10:51:18 AM »

Hmm, I was just able to download it with Mozilla 1.3  I right clicked and Saved Target As.
Velvet Brotha
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2003, 02:35:43 PM »

Oh yeah... I suffer from the same problem here at work and I sympathize with you. I have found out that the problem on my end was due tight security on our network that prohibits unauthorized downloads. If you are attempting the downloads from your work, this may be the case. However, I have found that downloading both "Quicktime" and "Real Player" for the PC works very well for the Mpgs on this site.
JohnL

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2003, 11:42:02 PM »

I just tried downloading it with GetRight, and got an error looking up the IP address. I copied the URL, pasted it into Notepad, copied it from there and pasted it into GetRight and then it worked. I have no idea why copying it would make any difference. Something similar happened the last time I tried this too. Now it works without any fuss. Very strange.

Just for fun, try typing in the URL manually.
kriegerg69
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2003, 12:34:23 AM »

...although, the point being that in the past I could simply right-click on a clip link here on the site and download it....Period.

Anyway, I tried two things: Copied and pasted the URL into a new browser window (since I have QuickTime as my browser player for media clips), and also tried opening my QuickTime program and opening the clip (which was for ANGRY RED PLANET, by the way) in the QT program.

NEITHER one worked.

I don't use any fancy downloading programs like some have described here. I should have been able to get to the clip at least ONE of the two ways I just tried, and neither worked. Heck, I SHOULD have been able to do it the way I've done it many, many times in the past.

This is bugging me!

raj

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2003, 12:44:51 PM »

Just noticed you have an AOL account.  Is there something in AOL that doesn't allow certain downloads (possible copyright infringement issues, so they ban .mpg downloads?)

could you have possibly blocked some downloads?  I use mozilla, and have blocked images from certain servers (basically *%&^%#%$ blinking ads); is there something similar with AOL?

Maybe the AOL browser just doesn't like this site?
Velvet Brotha
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2003, 03:34:51 PM »

Ahhhhh... I forgot about the fact that AOL does that to their users.

Kriegberg69, Is there any way that you can adjust your internet settings or prefferences? Your security level may be really high.
kriegerg69
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2003, 05:01:59 PM »

Velvet Brotha wrote:

> Ahhhhh... I forgot about the fact that AOL does that to their
> users.
>
> Kriegberg69, Is there any way that you can adjust your internet
> settings or prefferences? Your security level may be really
> high.

Possibly, I could adjust my security settings, IF that's the problem.

One thing though: I only use AOL to get onto the web, but use Internet Explorer for browsing (because of all those problems that the AOL browser can cause).

Like I mentioned above, I've never had this problem before in the past, and have always used IE for browsing.

Awaiting a response from Andrew..... :-)

kriegerg69
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2004, 01:17:19 AM »

kriegerg69 wrote:

> Here's a screen capture I did of the error box message that
> comes up on ANY clip I try downloading off your site:
>

> HELP, Please!![/b]
>

NOTHING is different with my PC than it used to be in the past, when I NEVER had any problem accessing clips here. PLEASE, Andrew, help! What's going on and how can I get to the clips again? I still can't download any clips here on the site.

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2004, 08:33:53 PM »

Ok now I'm having this problem...

Like Kriegerg, in the past I've never had a problem downloading movie clips until recently.

I get the exact same error message that he got and I get it for ANY film clip I try to download.

Sound clips are no problem...I simply right-click on them and select "save target as" and they download just fine.

As far as I can tell from reading this thread and the very old thread that Kriegerg wrote, this issue was never really resolved....here's the link for that thread
http://www.badmovies.org/bbs/read.php?f=2&i=51890&t=51858

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Post Edited (03-15-04 20:13)
kriegerg69
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2004, 10:50:10 PM »

Two weeks ago we got a new HP Media Center computer....a real whiz-bang job!......and NOW I can download clips from here with no problem at all.

Go figure.....

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  STILL UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD CLIPS FROM BADMOVIES.ORG! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.