Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:12:58 AM
714431 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Chupacabra? What the heck is that? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Chupacabra? What the heck is that?  (Read 4972 times)
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2004, 03:31:01 AM »

Makes me want to pull out the "Legend of the Chupacabra" DVD again.
Does X-Files ever make a really cool episode out of a monster?  It's always just a Native American girl covered in hair.  Stupid show.

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
IguanaGirl
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2004, 04:31:25 AM »

The two most impressive x-files monsters I can remember were in the werewolf episode (very reminicient of An American Werewolf in Paris), and the flukeman from The Host episode. They actually turned out to be real grose monsters, not like the Chupacabra or the Jersy Devil.

Fry: "Im having one of those things. You know, a headache, with pictures!"
Dave Munger
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2004, 06:45:22 PM »

Fluke man was good, except that so many of the subsequent monster episodes drew too heavily on that and Tooms, the liver-eating plastic man. I just saw a rerun of a really good episode that took place in a trailer park full of circus freaks. Mulder had lots of good lines. There was a geek tatooed like a jiggsaw puzzle all over. Turned out to be kind of like "Basket Case". Spooky, end of "Strawbery Fields Forever" flutey-type music that they didn't use in very many episodes.
   Good X-Files monsters that I can remember off the top of my head:

- Vampire pizza-boy.
- The alien locked up in that secret train car in the two-part episode where the guy attacks Mulder with the garrote.
- Giovanni Ribbisi IS... ELECTRICAL BOY!!! Jack Black is his sidekick! Great episode, no one seems to remember it but me. When I describe it, it sounds really generic and lame. Maybe more of a mutant than a monster though.
- The succubus, or whatever, that framed Skinner for murder.

For some reason, it's easier to remember the lame ones.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2004, 06:50:39 PM »

Hey Dave, do you remember who Skinner was supposed to have murdered.  Actually I 'm talking about the actress playing the part.  She has been on a popular  show for several years now.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Dave Munger
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2004, 11:36:50 PM »

No idea. I might have recognized her last time I saw the rerun, but I don't remember now.
JohnL

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2004, 09:56:50 AM »

>There was a geek tatooed like a jiggsaw puzzle all over.

Little piece of trivia: The tattoos were real and that guy's name is The Enigma. The new Ripley's Believe it or Not had him on and he had even more of his body tattooed blue. He had also had implants inder the skin on his head so that he looked like he had horns.

Trivia #2: Gillian Anderson ate a live cricket during rehearsal, and offered to do it on-camera as well, but supposedly they had gone out of their way to make edible fake crickets and wanted to use them, or so the story goes...
Steven
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2004, 07:57:07 PM »

Scarier pic:

http://www.mysticaluniverse.com/mystical_creatures/chupacabra/chasightings/roh_/ghost.jpg

I swear, hat pic scared the crap outta me when I saw it first. I still can't look "it" in the eyes...
Kory
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2004, 11:13:00 PM »

Flukeman was the one I thought of too.  There's a non-monster that's pretty creepy- the necropheliac that almost got Scully.  He wasn't a monster, but he might as well have been!
Kory
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2004, 11:14:23 PM »

The one with the jigsaw puzzle tattooed on him is called "The Enigma".  He was part of the traveling freak show "The Jim Rose Circus" for years.  Several guys from the show were in that episode.
IguanaGirl
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2004, 11:28:00 PM »

Yeah, and Eugene Tooms from Squeeze was pretty creepy too... but I could go on for ages about the x-files. I was a really big fan years ago when they started. Pitty it went to hell like just about every other good TV show.

Fry: "Im having one of those things. You know, a headache, with pictures!"
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Chupacabra? What the heck is that? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.