Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:38:59 PM
714481 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  FAHRENHEIT 9/11 « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Author Topic: FAHRENHEIT 9/11  (Read 47109 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #90 on: July 21, 2004, 09:04:47 AM »

Spending a few more minutes with the children not only avoided adding to the panic, it was also probably the most constructive thing he could be doing while more information was pulled together. No point in springing into action if nobody really understands what happened or has any recommendations.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Acidburn
Bad Movie Lover

When I was your age, television was called Books!

« Reply #91 on: July 21, 2004, 10:30:00 AM »

My point exactly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The flowers are still standing...
Harry
« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2004, 02:24:09 PM »

What exactly did you want Bush to do in those 7 minutes?  It's a very poor  criticism of the man, and in my opinion it makes it look like you're digging.
lester1/2jr
« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2004, 10:18:57 PM »

Well if he had done something and people criticized him I would defend him.  But he didn't so I won't.    I would counter your argument also by saying that if he had gotten to a battle station of some kind you would defend that too because he's Bush and he's your hero because he's so smart and great.   He's Jessica friggin Simpson is what he is
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2004, 04:43:11 AM »

There's a huge difference between hero worship and objecting to people trying to ruin a man with cheap shots and innuendo. I don't really care that much about the president, not being American myself, but people like Michael Moore p**s me off because I see his kind often in my business, and I've seen them try to damage people I do care about.

I've also worked around public officials long enough to have heard them receive a lot of criticism from people who think they can do better at a job they've never done. I used to do it myself until I walked a mile in some of these people's shoes, or at least walked beside them for a while. If this is true for a mayor or a city councillor, it's true for a president.

I don't think Bush is a genius, but he's certainly no idiot either. Fair criticism, based on all the facts, and rooted in knowledge and experience, is certainly a good thing. Ridiculing him and jumping all over everything he does is no better than automatically cheering everything he does, even if some people think it makes them sound smarter.

Post Edited (07-22-04 12:34)

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Acidburn
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2004, 10:22:37 AM »

Let me get one thing straight...I  do NOT like bush.  I do NOT like any politicians.  But I HATE when people criticize someone simply because that is what the media is doing and they do not try and have their own thoughts on the situation.  

By the way, has anyone heard if the stories about them finding 3 warheads yesterday was confirmed?  If so, that pretty much kills all the arguments before that he did not have any WMS......But I suppose you people will start talking about how bush planted them so he could get strength for his election.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
lester1/2jr
« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2004, 01:39:14 PM »

it was totally debunked
Acidburn
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2004, 01:48:55 PM »

Thanks a bunch. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #98 on: July 23, 2004, 08:01:17 AM »

>I don't think Bush is a genius, but he's certainly no idiot either.

No, just a dictator who wants to take away people's rights. He and his administration rushed the Patriot Act through congress giving them very little time to read it and basically telling them that they would be labelled as unpatriotic if they refused to vote for it, or that they would be responsible the next time people were killed in a terrorist attack. Since then, he has tried to both make the first PA permanent rather than a temporary law, and to push through even more draconian measures with a second PA. Just look at the Iraqi prisoners; Bush reportedly got angry when the supreme court said the government couldn't hold prisoners indefinitely without allowing them to challenge their detainment.
lester1/2jr
« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2004, 05:48:43 PM »

however you think or feel about how Bush handled it, it is hardly a deceit for the guy to give his opinion on it.  and it's one many share.
Harry
« Reply #100 on: July 23, 2004, 06:00:00 PM »

John L.,  Please explain to me how the hell you figure Bush is a dictator in any sense of the word.  In case you havn't realized it yet, you can't have a dictator without a dictatorship, and last time I checked, America is a democracy.
People like you should be vegtables.
Harry
« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2004, 05:32:46 PM »

oh, and also, what exactly has the patriot act done that has so drastically taken away your rights?  I think liberal institutions such as welfare greatly take away more rights than the patriot act.
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2004, 08:48:38 PM »

Harry wrote:

America is a democracy.
> People like you should be vegtables.

america is a republic dude.

and as a citizen, how does welfare "take away" any of my rights as does the patriot act. and yes, i have read it.

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2004, 08:52:16 PM »

a documentary should be neutral. michael moore's films are do not equally portray equal sides of an argument. he is an admitted propagandist. and a fat one at that.

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

Harry
« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2004, 09:02:34 PM »

I think I have a right to the money I earn...redistribution of wealth is a horrible idea, it accomplishes nothing.  That is the problem with liberal thought, they want immidiate satisfaction, and that's just not possible.  Trickle down!  Trickle down!Trickle down!
and america is a republic, my mistake.  Hate to make excuses, but I was on drugs when I wrote that (just had some teeth pulled)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  FAHRENHEIT 9/11 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.