Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:29:23 AM
714514 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Do you still get the willies? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do you still get the willies?  (Read 1667 times)
SadClown
Dedicated Viewer

« on: July 05, 2004, 06:13:06 PM »

When I first met my husband he was a Dean Koontz reader and I was a faithful Stephen King fan.  With the both of us being adicted to the horror genre , there aren't very many movies that the both of us hadn't already seen.  My husband recently told me he had never seen Pet Sematary.... so of course we rented it. I hadn't seen it in so many years I expected the once chilling movie to seem cheesy and less interesting. But to my delight I was cringing the whole time!!

One scene in particular, where the older gentlman gets the back of his ankle sliced with  a scalpel. I actually wanted to lift my feet.  This gave me the idea.

What is your favorite creepy scene? Does it still give you the willies?
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 08:14:22 PM »

The final shot of the INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS remake with Donald Sutherland. Ooooooohhhhh . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Kory
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004, 08:28:40 PM »

I posted this on a previous thread about creepy bad guys:

In "The Prophecy" there's a creepy part that gives me the willies whenever I think about it:

Viggo Mortenson plays Lucifer  & whispers to the character about a 1/4 inch from his right ear:

" Little Tommy Daggett... would say such beautiful, beautiful prayers, and then you would hop into bed, afraid that I was under there....... and I was! "

You have to see it to fully appreciate it.
SadClown
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2004, 08:38:45 PM »

i have seen it... LOL....
Kory
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2004, 08:44:52 PM »

why are you laughing... am I a big weenie?
Susan
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2004, 08:47:32 PM »

Speaking of King, I guess it's "It". I really hate the movie overall (typical king spinning into a super lame ending), but the few scenes with the clown always creeped me out. Tim Currey is just excellent! Then again clowns are just plain freaky anyhow, I remember growing up watching the Bozo show, something about how that clown behaved and seemed to enjoy the children losing was unsettling.

"The Shining" has good creepy scenes, the suspense of danny going down those halls and making a turn on his big wheel builds the suspense until he finally runs into those two girls.

I'm an avid king reader (old school stuff anyhow), but for some reason images from film seem to creep me out more than a book...i guess i'm used to my own imagination that it doesn't scare me anymore.

Its tough to come up with movies or at least scenes in movies that generaly give me the creeps - not just a disturbing watch but something that resonates and leaves you kinda feeling like a 5 year old when you switch out the lights...like you need to run as fast as you can and leap into that bed before something cold reaches out from underneath it and grabs your ankle.  I love it when a movie stays with me so there is no safety in simply turning off the tv, like somehow that scene was pulled out from the tv into reality and is waiting for you in the next room.

Post Edited (07-05-04 20:53)
JohnL

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2004, 10:58:46 PM »

Some old movies still creep me out occasionally. I think some movies from the 1970s had better atmosphere than stuff made later.
daveblackeye15

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2004, 01:58:59 AM »

A lot of scenes from "The Birds" *spoiler* I think when the old woman find the mans body with his eyes pecked out and we see it get closer to his face with three shots in complete silence. Also pretty much any of the large group gatherings of the birds from the movie creeps me out.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2004, 07:54:32 AM »

I don't really get the "willies" with films anymore.  But, there are a few films that have had a strong impact on me that have been much worse than just a case of being scared.

"Session 9" is one of those films.  For anyone who has not seen this flick, it is a sort of throwback to the 70's mind screw films.  It involves a hazmat crew who is working to clean an old asylum so that it can be sold.

The ending still has a frighteningly powerful hold on me.

*SPOILER ALERT!*

The film ends with the main character walking into his home, at which point the camera stays focused on the outside of his house.  We are then subjected to the sounds of his wife spilling boiling water on him by accident and him begining to beat her.  After this is done, we hear his newborn daughter crying and then a pitiful and gut wrenching gurgling sound as he kills her.

*End Spoiler*

I can't think of any ending that still has this type of lasting effect on me.  I still get cold chills when thinking about it.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2004, 11:51:50 AM »

Speaking of Pet Semetary, the book really creeped me out when I read it as a kid. The bit in Creepshow with the cockroaches still make me ill. I'm not afraid of bugs, but geez, that's just rancid! The scenes in The Shining (Kubrick version) in which jack is talking to the ghost-butler in the bar, creepy as hell. Session 9 is, indeed, a very creepy film.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Derf
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2004, 01:57:22 PM »

Fred Gwynne getting his ankle sliced is indeed a creepy scene, though it was the only one in "Pet Sematary" that made me cringe. Another scene in an otherwise so-so movie that is just wonderfully creepy is found in "Body Snatchers" (1993), after most of the characters have been snatched, when Carol Malone (Meg Tilly) delivers the line, "Where you gonna run? Where you gonna hide? Nowhere. 'Cause there's no...one...like...you...left." The movie is nowhere near as creepy overall as the original 1956 version, but that one line has stuck with me for years because it is delivered so well.

Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2004, 03:00:35 PM »

The hair cutting scene in THE OMEN always has me climbing the wall with tension it's so well shot.
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2004, 04:06:49 PM »

if anyone saw the japanese horror the "juon grudge" know this but this women  crawls down the staircase all broken and bloody its really give me the willies.

"I know I know ive been exposed permeant psychoses..
at least the colors are nice"- Aeon Flux

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

IguanaGirl
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2004, 05:13:34 PM »

I do still get the willies, but then thats why I watch horror movies. One scene that really creeped me out, though I cant say why, was in the modern version of the House on Haunted Hill. For about 3 seconds you see the ghost of one of the doctors on a TV screen and that doctor really gave me the willies, even though  the rest of the film wasnt very good.

Fry: "Im having one of those things. You know, a headache, with pictures!"
SadClown
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2004, 12:07:53 PM »

i just like to laugh, being a clown and all.... hhmmm......
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Do you still get the willies? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.