Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:31:34 PM
714500 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Son of the Mask (2005) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Son of the Mask (2005)  (Read 1630 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: July 04, 2004, 06:10:58 AM »

I stumbled across this upcoming film on the IMDB.
It's the new sequel to The Mask that originally starred Jim Carrey.
Here's the IMDB listing for it:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0362165/

The plot summary:
"This newest film in the "Mask" series focuses on aspiring cartoonist Tim Avery (Jamie Kennedy) who's feeling reluctant to become a father when he finds that he has to take care of a baby with amazing abilities.. somehow, the baby has the powers of the Mask of Loki, a mythological object that transforms its user into a manic shapeshifter alter-ego. As bad as a baby with godlike powers might seem, the 'really' bad news is that Loki (Alan Cumming) wants his mask back..."

I'm not so sure about this one...
Go here to watch the teaser trailer:

http://www.ultimatedvd.org/en/Trailers/Details.aspx?Trailer_Id=97826583

Even though it doesn't show much, it seems really cheesy!
The official site is www.sonofthemask.com but there isn't really anything on it yet.

What do you think?
Will you go see it?

Post Edited (07-05-04 13:56)
dean
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2004, 09:17:25 AM »

I heard about this a while back and thought 'what the hell is this'

I really enjoyed the mask original, but consider these titles i have recently spotted at my video store:

Skulls III:  not two, but three, I didn't think the first one even deserved thoughts of a sequel

Cruel Intentions 3: Considering how bad the second one was [plot of the first movie, then reverse it] I don't know why they decided a third was the go.

Wild Things 2: Ok, I liked the first one enough to think that a sequel could work, but no, it seems like just a shameless ''let's just do what we did the first time, but sexier and more dangerous'' sorta situation.

This is why I am not thrilled about Son of Mask, and why I will never ever go near Dumb and Dumberer.
jimmyd
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2004, 11:49:44 AM »

let us not forget dumb and dumberer, a a sequal to a movi without carry WILL be a disasster,i am ther for predicting a train wreck.
Daniel Johnson
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2004, 02:34:47 PM »

Not saying that Dumb and Dumberer was a great film by any stetch o the imagination, but I'm pretty sure it made a lot of money at the box office so as to not really be considered a train wreck.
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2004, 02:40:42 PM »

In the first movie it was Jim Carrey. In this second movie, it's...Alan Cumming and Jamie Kennedy?! How stupid? You'd figure that the studio just randomly called any comedian they could find in the phone book and finally got two.
Dave Munger
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2004, 10:40:04 PM »

Am I the only one who remembers an old semi-3D straight horror movie called The Mask? It's similar enought that I suspect the comic that the Carrey movie was based on had something to do with it. This archeologist was addicted to this Aztec mask, he could hear it say "PUT THE MASK ON NOW", that's when you were supposed to put on the glasses to see all the trippy hellish visions the guy would have with the mask on. Then he'd wake up in an alleyway with a bloody knife or something.
IguanaGirl
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2004, 05:21:49 AM »

I wouldnt want to pay to go see it at the cinema. Perhaps if I was really really bored Id get the video. The first one was funny, this just looks sad.

Fry: "Im having one of those things. You know, a headache, with pictures!"
Fluffy CatFood
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2004, 07:53:34 AM »

The thought of a zany computer animated baby makes me want to puke up my own lungs. Why couldnt they have stuck to the comics? I would love to see that giant masochistic freak called Walter (I think thats his name) fighting with the mask, hes a total nutter. the sort of sequel in the comics involves Lt. Kelloway and that blonde chick, jim carreys character Stanley is dead. Or they could have done the story from the mask strikes back where a bunch of college kids get hold of it. That had some good stuff in it.
Acidburn
Bad Movie Lover

When I was your age, television was called Books!

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2004, 10:09:16 AM »

The best thing about the 2nd dumb and dumber movie, was the way that the kid played Jim Carrey.  I would sware that he was his long lost son or something.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The flowers are still standing...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Son of the Mask (2005) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.