Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:50:39 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Resident Evil Apocolypse « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Resident Evil Apocolypse  (Read 13665 times)
Max Gardner
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2004, 02:03:59 PM »

This movie was good silly fun.  Nemesis was a blast (with his rocket launcher, ha ha!) and it was just so nice to see slow zombies in a movie whose parent gaming series has apparently jumped on the 28 Days Later bandwagon with fast, smart undead.  No plot, no brain, just entertainment, pure and simple.
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2004, 08:44:36 PM »

Just came back from RESIDENT EVIL:  APOCALYPSE. The biggest zombie film ever. I mean hundreds of zombies. I even liked the story and I thought the actresses were awesome not to mention Nemesis. Alot of action for a zombie movie, but I enjoyed it. The whole senario of the corperate bio-labs and their own soldiers and police force is a realistic one. Think about it if you own a bio lab that can produce viruses and send plagues and such wouldn't they control the world goverments and sort of hold them hostage. Wouldn't world leaders be subject to them? Or wouldn't the goverment even kill individuals just to obtain such assets in real life. The film might seem mindless with all the action and explosions, but I thought it was quite engaging on all levels.

I still like the creepy slow zombies that many of us grew up with like in  the Romero films and other films like ZOMBIE.

Post Edited (09-11-04 20:47)

J. Hoffa
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2004, 11:26:58 PM »

I'm new to the thread but I've also just seen the movie, if anyone here is an actual fan of the series then maybe they can help me clear some things up.  WTF is Jill doing in two places at once.  The original RE movie could actually coincide with the games, REA, as far as I remember, can't.  RE3 Nemesis.  Jill was in her apartment, realized it was time to get the hell outa dodge and began her escape of racoon city, running into yes Carlos, Nemesis, and even Nicolie (sp?).  Although characters were different.  The biggest thing is the RE series main character Jill being in two places at once.  The timeframe of the movie, beginning to end has Jill doing all this stuff while at the exact same time in RE3 she's doing something else with different people.  I could drop exact examples but I don't want to ruin it for people who haven't seen it...  If you can help I'd appreciate it.

p.s. Bah...I'm a fanatic I know...ANGER!
Jacemachine
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2004, 05:58:55 AM »

The movies are to be viewed as being separate from the game series. Don't even try to blend them together because they aren't meant to be.

If you wanna get the most out of your movie-viewing pleasure, first thing you need to do is realize that the movie was written by some person who is trying to take all the coolest parts-- Add their own original ideas into the stew (They ARE writers after all)-- and make it fit within the average 90 minute time span. People that make movies generally want to make a project "theirs" and so will make dramatic changes.

So, stop trying to figure out "where in the series" the movies fit in. Also, stop trying to use information that you learn in the movies to figure out things in the games. Again, it is stuff that people far removed from the video game development have decided sounded cool.

Design wise it was as tight if not more tight than the original that Anderson directed. Costuming for S.T.A.R.S.  guys were pretty close to video game design-- Jill's costume was also dead on to her RE:3 design.-- But the entire story had very little to do with tany of the games' plots-- Including RE:3 Nemesis-- Crazyness-- I'll buy it when it comes out on DVD-- but I'd give it 3 out of 5 stars-- Action! Action! Action!

Leave brain at home when you go to see this movie and you should enjoy it-- Otherwise you may get too bogged down.
J. Hoffa
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2004, 11:25:51 AM »

lol, and brian I did take with me... I agree entirerly and yes, disapointing as it is, makes sense.  They pulled a Mortal Kombat on me.  Ah well... Thanks a bunch.
Acidburn
Bad Movie Lover

When I was your age, television was called Books!

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2004, 01:24:24 PM »

I really liked this movie. Lots of shoot em up fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The flowers are still standing...
blkrider
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2004, 01:37:38 PM »

So there were lots of zombies?  I may end up seeing it after all.  The zombies kind of seemed like an afterthought in the first one.
Acidburn
Bad Movie Lover

When I was your age, television was called Books!

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2004, 02:32:44 PM »

blkrider wrote:

> So there were lots of zombies?  I may end up seeing it after
> all.  The zombies kind of seemed like an afterthought in the
> first one.

This one was all about the zombies!!!!  There are scenes with hundreds of them doing that very creepy  and slow I'm gonna get you in about an hour walk.  And the plot line was not all that bad, pretty interesting actually.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The flowers are still standing...
Max Gardner
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2004, 09:20:24 PM »

The first movie had very little to do with the video game series.  The sequel is essentially an amalgamation of Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, and did a fair job, I thought, of incorporating the first film's plot into a movie that was more true, in spirit, anyway, to the games.
blkrider
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2004, 09:42:38 AM »

I wound up seeing this yesterday and really enjoyed it.  I didn't like the first one because as I said before, the zombies seemed to take a backseat and the movie seemed more action than horror, plus I normally hate the idea of making movies from videogames.  This one had more scary moments and only a few little annoying things that have become standard in action films these days.  
I was afraid that once Nemesis showed up they were going to forget all about the zombies but they definitely came back with a vengeance.  Even the comic relief character wasn't that bad, and I usually hate that kind of thing.  So yep, I think horror and especially zombie fans should check it out....
J. Hoffa
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2004, 12:52:42 PM »

Yah, the movie was awesome.  The first movie could so be incorporated into the series, explaining in more detail the contamination at the mansion complex.  About the "21 Days Later" coment.  Yah the zombies obviously got alot of influence from that film, but not so much the zombies, but the way they were filmed, the blury footage etc.  Its becoming more and more popular in the RE game series that zombies have some intelligence and can actually run at you.  In RE Outbreak you'd be able to sometimes run past them, other times they'd fly at you.  p.s. Nemesis woulda schooled her, STARS!
Ty
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2004, 05:42:26 PM »

It was a cool movie. Do you know if there planning on making a third Resident Evil movie? They might as well make it a trilogy. After all they made a ton of games. Let me know if you know anything. Thanx.
Prophet Tenebrae
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2004, 06:49:08 PM »

After it coined it in, the studio was wetting itself with anticipation of the sequel.
kita patton
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2004, 12:14:42 AM »

You punk     the movie was so boring my mom thought i was watching the zzombie version of Barney's sing-a-long                 p.s. I'm 11                                                                                     Gecko Brothers wrote:

> I saw the trailer and a few words came to mind. House of the
> Dead. Does anyone else have the same feeling? I'm scared!
punk
Hugomarink
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2004, 03:49:14 PM »

The new RE pretty much sucked. I actually liked the first one but felt the second one was a bloated snooze-fest.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Resident Evil Apocolypse « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.