Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:46:23 PM
714413 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Scifi Lies to us once again... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Scifi Lies to us once again...  (Read 5448 times)
Toukee
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2004, 01:48:51 PM »

"I just don't like what it says about human nature."

ok, I do see your point there....while it is certainly a harmless form of entertainment, it really isn't an example of "creative professionals working at their best" is it?
Kerry
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2004, 02:39:33 PM »

???horror channel, ?will comcast have this channel???
janom
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2004, 03:44:24 PM »

of all the statements and replys made...none of them left open the possibility for belief. it seems to me many of you sat down in front of your tv's with closed mind. what would happen if one day someone did capture a bit of truth about the supernatural on film...who would believe it? would anyone? oh wait, the ignorant people might, right?

heres my view. the last thing night needs is money or fame, hes got both. realistically more than half of the people who see the 'documentary' will believe, be it ignorant or not. i cant see night wanting to be remembered as the guy who died - made friends with a dead kid named henry, and then came back to life to make movies about it. why would he want to go from being known as a thriller movie genius to a psycho who makes f--ked up autobiographys. hes got a family, he wouldnt want that for his kids or his wife.

im not saying i believe, but i am aware that mr. shyamalan isnt your average director. there are so many connections between his childhood and his movies. and all the repetitions in his movies - like the water. anyone who will only answer preapproved questions is obviously hiding something. im sure this was all a set up, but im not sure who set up who. dont just look at the obvious, look deeper - maybe there is a little more to this than box office sales. what is it about phladelphia that inspires him? that seems to be his dirty little secret, but its also his secret to success.  

...without secrets life would be boring, dont you think?
Trufan3
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2004, 03:53:22 PM »

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=4829
Rebel w/ a cause
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2004, 09:20:39 PM »

I watched it and I thought is was sort of funny how all these "things" sort of fall into place for no real reason. Like that kid who was the "big fan" where the f**k did he come from. I was sort of beliveing it.....for a sec. It's kinda sad that they couldn't just tell the REAL story b/c I like M. NIght I respsct him as a writer and director. The only reason I watched it was b/c I didn't really know anything about.....and I feel like I still don't!!!

That part about how his house in real life and the one in Signs are alike is stupid. So what? Maybe that's where he got the inspiration for it. It doesn't mean it really happen!! Come on people!!!!

And that fan site where they told him all this stuff.......does anyone know the addresses???? URL????

Laterz!!!
Toukee
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2004, 10:26:35 PM »

the site is at:

http://www.nightshyamalan.com/mns_site.5.html

but it was obviously just created very recently to tie in with the tv special....I've been debating there all day, too.
deepcrucifried
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2004, 11:55:13 PM »

This is the most self-indulgent piece of trash I've ever seen. Shyamalan is no great filmmaker anyway. The doc has made me even less interested in the man's films and i definitely won't see the village until it comes on tv.

Night
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2004, 12:04:41 AM »

I see dumb people
TadpoleBuckshot
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2004, 12:41:59 AM »

Shadaap M night..   I think Sci Fi was duped with Blair witch.. i remember watching it on video like a year or 2 b4 the super hype and it convinced my ass to the point of not being sure either way... But this was just blatant marketing spewage.
loyal1
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2004, 01:53:21 AM »

there is a forum at nightshyamalan.com that you can go to and talk all you want about the doc the hoax or whether you truly believe (God help you)

Let us get over and on with it and into something more interesting to talk about..
Brit
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2004, 02:04:36 AM »

lol, that is what we're supposed to be doing, talking about it. The spent all that money just to get us to talk.
loyal1
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2004, 02:14:06 AM »

yeah, so people should be on their website talking about it so they can make their money back...lol.  There is a whole forum dedicated it to this stuff...I talked about it too, but man it is dragging out!  Although I did enjoy the comment posted "I see dumb people"  :0)
jellyjellybeanbean
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2004, 09:56:52 AM »

Hey, the biggest clue was in the beginning credits.  There was a line there "Written by..."  A documentary is not "written."  I'll admit tho - I thought is was okay.
Nick
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2004, 10:15:32 AM »

the narration for a doc is written, the interviews are not.  most docs have a written by.  this one just happened to have that AND be a hoax.
D Toles
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2004, 07:46:20 PM »

Per the buzz on the SciFi take of Night, and the Village; our non-fictional story of the same has been existant on the internet since 1995 at:

http://www.endtimeschronicles.com/j.htm

We advised touchstone, Buena Vista and Disney that our precedence in this issue existed and that the secrecy surrounding the Village is uncalled for as any can come visit the real region where this evil exists.
The photos are real, and the place is readily accessible for any tourist to view and photograph.

As for the photograph of Night, we maintain a database of the marks of mankind which is a mirror copy of the Vaticans and identified Nights photo from the special as we have attemtped to contact them per our precedence.

It should be no mystery, and you can view the pictures on the site and its map location, for it exists and cannot dissapear; as well as anyones marks on their face and their hands.

We have attempted to contact C Greene and Kahn to provide the information, yet they are busy on another project

View our information, and if possible-come to the real "Village" that exists without mystery, and then you can find the same in your own area and we do provide a photo service to identify marks on all individuals.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Scifi Lies to us once again... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.