Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:40:06 PM
714453 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Costume Beneath « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Costume Beneath  (Read 1556 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: July 11, 2004, 12:03:31 AM »

So I'm sitting here watching the original "Superman" from 1978 and I watch the scene where Lois Lane is hanging onto the hellicopter seatbelt, dangling hundreds of feet above the city streets.
Clark Kent finds a proper phone booth and rips his regular shirt open to reveal the Big Superman "S" on his costume.

This question is meant for us older guys in our late 20's or early to mid 30's since we grew up at a young age exposed to this film.

When you were a boy growing up in the 80's, did you ever wear a Superman shirt underneath your regular clothes and pretend you were him?

I did!
I even had the red cape with the "S" on the back...though I never wore that under my clothes.
Believe me I wanted to.
My mother would never let me though.
"Jamey, you are NOT wearing that cape to school under your clothes!  End of discussion!  Now go and take it off." My mother said.
I would wear the blue shirt under my clothes to grade school and show my friends.
Not long after, all of my friends would be wearing theirs as well.

I suppose this thread could go for women here that imagined they were Supergirl.
Didn't want to leave you out ladies!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Edited (07-13-04 03:28)
Susan
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2004, 12:49:48 AM »

i always wondered how he went to the bathroom with all that spandex on.
maybe it's just me ;-)

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2004, 01:02:23 AM »

Yeah I wondered that too.

Did he cut a slit in his shorts so he could slip it out and take a superp**s?
I wonder if he's put out any fires that way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Supergirl on the other hand...she has to squat.
Do you think she could blast a hole to China with a Supergirl p**s?
Probably not since she'd put out the earth's molten core with her SuperUrine.

Post Edited (07-14-04 17:51)
Fearless Freep

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2004, 05:53:38 AM »

Maybe he had super bladder control?

(I don't believe I'm replying to this)

Post Edited (07-11-04 05:54)

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Susan
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2004, 09:57:32 AM »

Then you gotta wonder if he had a flap in the back. I think that would be a funny cmmercial  as he's fighting a villian...."Where will you be when your diahrrea comes back?"

Can't say i ever wore his costume under my real clothes, I loved superman tho. I covered my bigwheel in superman stickers, we had the movie on vhs i watched over and over (the sequel is my favorite tho..mostly because of ZOD, rule of the planet houston), I watched the classic superman show, I was wonder woman for halloween, watched the superfriends each saturday...I had a real obsession with superheros in general. Can't tell u how many times i spun around wishing i'd turn into wonder woman or lept out of a tree wishing i was superman. I don't think because i was a girl it was gender specific, i didn't want to be only female superheros..i just wanted to be who i idolized, not who i could relate to in a gender specific way.

In fact there are no videos of me as a child, the only thing that i posess is this cassette tape of when i was 4. You could hear me telling my little cousin she could be sweat pea and her whining she wanted to be wonder woman(which i clearly didn't want as i wanted to be the only hero here), and then your hear this gigantic crash (me jumping onto the floor i presume from some height) and yelling "And i'll be....SUPER - MAN!" lol  

That's the only thing that exists of me being able to listen or view my childhood..it's kinda funny that out of all things it's a short exerpt of me pretending to be a superhero. Then you hear my mother coming in saying it's time to take a nap. What? Superheros don't take naps!

Post Edited (07-11-04 10:01)
dean
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2004, 10:14:19 AM »

Sometimes I worry about you ash...

I am suddenly reminded about Mallrats.

Oh, and I see you've learnt how to add pics to your posts.  I've noticed quite a use of them lately.  I have dial-up: shame on you!

I've always been a fan of Superheroes, but I was more of a Batman kid to be honest.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2004, 10:41:37 AM »

When I was a kid, my mother used to fasten a blanket around my neck with a diaper pin.  Then I would run around the house pretending it was a cape.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2004, 01:44:21 PM »

well i never stopped dressing up. dont get me wrong i dont wear a spiderman costume or anything but  i wear ecko which is consider a "urban clothing company" that has marvel charathers on it like captain america and wolverine. also i like to wear my punisher skull t shirt with my leather jacket.

"I know I know ive been exposed permeant psychoses..
at least the colors are nice"- Aeon Flux

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Flangepart

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2004, 03:11:43 PM »

Boy, would that hurt the 'ol image.
Getting attacked by a villian while dumping in  a back alley some night.
"Spiderman found dead with pants around ankles. Film at 11:00!"

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Susan
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2004, 08:58:06 PM »

Flangepart wrote:

> Boy, would that hurt the 'ol image.
> Getting attacked by a villian while dumping in  a back alley
> some night.
> "Spiderman found dead with pants around ankles. Film at 11:00!"
>

Thanks flange - that was the best laugh i've had this evening!

Dave Munger
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2004, 03:40:59 PM »

Let's get this discussion into a higher class of gutter:
The classic - Man Of Steel, Woman Of Kleenex
http://www.rawbw.com/~svw/superman.html
Flangepart

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2004, 03:00:42 PM »

True. And lets not forget the Tom Smith Filksong. "Superman's sex life boogie.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pus
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2004, 09:29:49 PM »

Did you ever wonder what would happen to the woman if Superman made love to her? I'd certainly feel sorry for her. Maybe the plastic surgeons from Nip/Tuck could put her back together.

Cheese is good food. So are the movies. Not food that is, just cheese.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Costume Beneath « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.