Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:46:14 AM
714465 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Trailer Park : Too good for Sci-Fi channel. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trailer Park : Too good for Sci-Fi channel.  (Read 3892 times)
SkullNinja
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2003, 03:57:29 PM »

Personally, I'm more of a fan of Mike than Joel (but I still like Joel), but that's probably due to the fact that I didn't get a chance to come on board until the last season that MST3K was on Comedy Central. Some of my favorite episodes were under Mike's watch including Pumaman, Incredible Melting Man and oddly enough Time Chasers, but my two favorite are Joel (Mitchell and Manos).
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2003, 04:22:20 AM »

>There was another show, the first original Sci Fi show, and I can't remember the
>name of it. Four college co-ed looking people, hot black-haired chick who's now
>in the Dead Zone series

That would be Mission Genesis, AKA Deepwater Black.

Mission Genesis

Count me as one of the people who misses the 'old' SciFi channel. When our cable system first added it, they would show kids shows in the morning like Captain Scarlet, Land of the Lost etc. I had hopes that they would eventually show Space Academy and Jason of Star Command, Ark II and others, but they dropped the morning lineup shortly after we got it.

Then they had the classic series showcase each night where they would show older series that lasted one season of less, Gemini Man, The Magician etc.

Anyone remember when they used to air those little FTL Newsfeeds between shows, which were supposedly broadcast from 200 years in the future? I used to like those.
spikesangel
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2003, 10:14:41 AM »

hmm, i don't know, you know, too much about the "old" Sci-Fi channel.

i DO recall, however, that in the summer of 2000 they had this great thing they did every day called "Sci-Fi World."  i'll never forget getting off the Greyhound bus in Nashville after a trip from LA and being scared to sleep the whole time (and vowing i'd sleep as soon as i got to dad's), then getting to my dad's house and finding out that on that particular day Sci-Fi World was airing BATTLESTAR GALACTICA all day!

i swooned.

and then another day they showed MANIMAL!

MAN-I-MAL!

you know, with umm, whoozit Simon McCorkindale?  (i think)

wooh!

now this whole Crossing Over with John Edward thing is just so cheezy, although if i happen to be channel surfing and i see a participant answer "no" to more than 2 questions in a row from him i'll watch just to giggle at how he tries to play his failure off.

you know once i actually saw him, his wife, and their pets on Animal Planet's Pet Psychic.  i didn't know whether to laugh at the Komedy or cry that they actually show this crap on the TV.  and whatever happened to that one show....ooh..what was it called, eXposure or something?  someone here knows what i'm talking about!  i LOVES that show, you know, the one with the short films, etc.

anyhow, that's all i can really say about old Sci-Fi vs. new.  except that i am an unabashed lover of Scare Tactics, thought i just wish they'd wait until more people were driven to tears before revealing the secret that they're on tv, and i like this Will SHatner movie thing, sorta reminds me of Commander USA's Groovy Movies or like, Up All Night, but without the other quirky stuff.  iu wouldn't mind seeing that at a time that didn't involve the words "four" and "a.m." at the same time.

oh yeah

i'm BACK!

..."Tease" - JohnL
yaddo42
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2003, 07:26:30 PM »

They're doing those mini-marathons of different shows during the day again, but not calling it "SciFi World" or having little pop-ups of info from time to time. But they aren't getting into the really obscure one-season wonders like they used to.
billy
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2004, 10:12:42 PM »

Does anyone remember the  name of a movie from the late 70's or early 80's that had a flying robot that looked a lot like an upside-down, red wastepaper basket?  I don't know if it was on MST3K..but I did see it on cable.  The movie is absolutely dreadful, but It makes me laugh.

Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2004, 02:58:45 PM »

Man.....can't help with the robot question. American or Japanese?

An for as old as this topic is...is STILL miss the old Sci-Fi Channel!
Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......................

(Sigh)....Push the Button, Frank.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Drezzy Mac
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2004, 03:26:55 PM »

Sounds like it may be Blackhole...
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Trailer Park : Too good for Sci-Fi channel. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.