Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:45:48 AM
714463 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Good Fences Make Good Neighbors: The Finale -- OT « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Good Fences Make Good Neighbors: The Finale -- OT  (Read 1428 times)
Eirik
« on: August 06, 2004, 09:01:57 PM »

A few months back I posted an OT post about this jerk Bill who runs a neighborhood association on my street and got all bent out of shape when I decided not to comply with his neighborhood beautification plan proposed last winter.  He wanted me to spend thousands of dollars on landscaping, move my dish, and admonish my kids for leaving toys in the yard...  oh yeah, and he wanted me to murder the approximately one dozen squirrels that call my yard home.

Anyway, a lot of you guys responded to that so I figured I'd give you the update.  Many of the folks in the neighborhood did what Bill wanted them to do, and then some.  Bill's efforts in his own yard were much more modest than what most of the folks did.  The result was a much beautified neighborhood - which, according to Bill, has vastly improved all our property value.  Well, this week good old Bill posted a for sale sign on his front lawn.  Yep, that's why he felt the sudden urge to see property values rise at other peoples' expense.  One woman across the street from me who actually put in cherry blossom trees is livid.  Everyone pretty much feels like a big sucker -- well, except me and a few other "bad neighbors" who didn't conform to the plan.  I thought he was just a pushy jerk, but turns out he's an evil mastermind.  Who knew?

Bye, Bill.  We'll all miss you.

:)
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2004, 12:48:30 AM »

Time to have some fun with him; Wait until people come by to look at his house, then put on a dirty tank top, ragged shorts, eat some licorish(sp?) so that you get the black all over your teeth, and walk over to greet them with a beer in your hand and a six-pack in the other, carried by by the empty ring on the plastic holder. Do your best Cousin Eddie impression. Scream across the street for "the little woman" to get off her butt and meet the new people. Get some of the neighbors who are p**sed at him to help you out. Maybe one of them could start a screaming match with their mate while you chuckle and say "Wowee, that's almost as loud as they got last night!" Maybe get some of the neighborhood teens, dress them up like gang members and have them show a little too much interest in the prospective buyers' car.

I know you'd all probably be happier with him gone, but I think if it was me, sticking it to this jerk would just be too great a temptation.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2004, 02:07:38 PM »

It all adds up now. I never thought those changes would raise anyone's property values enought to pay for themselves. Turns out they didn't have to. Bill had a very workable plan after all, albeit a really scummy one. But, it goes to show guys like that are always out for themselves. We just mistakenly took him for one of the ones who have at least convinced themselves its for the common good.

The great thing about people like this is that no matter how many people they fool, and how bad you look for going against them, you will always get a chance to say "I told you so" in the end. Savour it, my friend.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2004, 02:45:23 PM »

Greed.  One of the Seven Deadly Sins.  Maybe you can hire Kevin Spacey to go over and cut your neighbor's head off.  Just a thought.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Dave Munger
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2004, 03:49:14 PM »

I always wondered why people who aren't planning to sell would want high property values. Dosen't that just make your taxes go up? Wonder if making your values go down would be worthwhile, by starting a rat farm or something.
Eirik
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2004, 09:22:36 PM »

Yeah!  I'll offer them one of my beers and if they accept, I'll hand them the one I'm drinking and open a new one for myself.  Cousin Eddie rocks!
daveblackeye15

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2004, 09:48:00 PM »

JohnL:< Time to have some fun with him; Wait until people come by to look at his house, then put on a dirty tank top, ragged shorts, eat some licorish(sp?) so that you get the black all over your teeth, and walk over to greet them with a beer in your hand and a six-pack in the other, carried by by the empty ring on the plastic holder. Do your best Cousin Eddie impression. Scream across the street for "the little woman" to get off her butt and meet the new people. Get some of the neighbors who are p**sed at him to help you out. Maybe one of them could start a screaming match with their mate while you chuckle and say "Wowee, that's almost as loud as they got last night!" Maybe get some of the neighborhood teens, dress them up like gang members and have them show a little too much interest in the prospective buyers' car.

I know you'd all probably be happier with him gone, but I think if it was me, sticking it to this jerk would just be too great a temptation.>

Gee hee hee hee (devilish chuckle) what a devilishly funny plan! That @$$hole has got to pay! I mean as in something bad happens to him. JohnL's plan is just the opening act.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2004, 01:21:58 AM »

Dump raw sewage outside and while holding up your beer yell at them, "s**tter was full!"
IguanaGirl
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2004, 05:01:20 AM »

You should take as many dogs as you can find for a long walk on his lawn, untill they all leave presents for prospective buyers to step in, also unless he cleans it upstraight away it will leave little patches of dead grass all over the lawn. Im sure it will look just beautiful then.

Fry: "Im having one of those things. You know, a headache, with pictures!"
Prophet Tenebrae
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2004, 05:48:15 PM »

Just get some kids to fake gunshot wounds and then run around the street when he's got some people viewing and shout "I've been shot! My god, I've been shot." or maybe get them to go up to people and offer them fictious substances like "louse weed" or "ferret weed", possibly even "shoe dust".
JohnL

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2004, 10:47:12 PM »

>Yeah! I'll offer them one of my beers and if they accept, I'll hand them the one I'm
>drinking and open a new one for myself. Cousin Eddie rocks!

That's the spirit! :)

Also, make sure to ask Bill if he got that fungus/termite/roach problem taken care of. When he tries to deny it, play dumb and keep insisting that he mentioned it just a month or two ago. If you're lucky, he'll get all flustered and end up looking guilty enough that the buyers think's he's lying. Even if he doesn't, it'll plant the seeds of doubt in their minds and might just cost him a little off his asking price.

>upstraight away it will leave little patches of dead grass all over the lawn. Im sure
>it will look just beautiful then.

A bottle of bleach would be easier and faster. Maybe in the shape of some demonic symbols...

Post Edited (08-10-04 22:48)
Susan
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2004, 11:23:40 PM »

Pink flamingos all around the perimeters of the yard might be a nice touch...and a few empty beercans

JohnL

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2004, 01:16:33 AM »

See if you can find some roadkill for decorating the neighborhood with.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Good Fences Make Good Neighbors: The Finale -- OT « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.