Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:48:48 AM
714463 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Cool TV Show: Airline « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cool TV Show: Airline  (Read 1405 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: August 09, 2004, 11:25:44 AM »

I stopped by a friend's house a few weeks ago and she was watching a show I had never heard of on A & E.
It's called "Airline" and wow, was I instantly hooked!

Ever since I got wind of this show I've tried to watch every one.
Here's a synopsis of the show from the website:

"Each episode showcases the highs and lows that passengers and crew face behind the scenes of the Southwest Airlines. Follow Southwest Airlines pilots, flight attendants, and airport employees as they experience heartwarming passenger stories, occasional outbursts, weather-related anxiety and heightened security measuresall while trying to meet everyone's urgent timetable. A&E Network brings the viewer behind the counter, onto the tarmac and into cockpit for this real life series."

Working for an airline would be the WORST customer service job ever.
I've done inbound customer service for numerous companies over the years and I could never do their job.
They have to take so much crap.

Go HERE to visit the official Airline website.

Have you seen this show?
What do you think of it?

Post Edited (08-09-04 13:57)
Ellie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 07:59:31 PM »

I have been watching it.  My husband thinks its a waste of time.  I like it because now I know that airline personnel get more crap from irate customers then cashiers do.  I sit back and think I have got it made compared to those poor guys.
George
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 07:01:15 AM »

I enjoy the show.  I fly ALOT and have never seen people behave the way these jokers do.  I assume that alot of the behavior stems from the fact that the show is about SouthWest Airlines and it's the "Greyhound of the sky".  

I do think that SouthWest has incredible balls for showing this stuff.  Thier way overbooked flights and disgruntled customers could really send the wrong message but they seem to do a good job accomodating most people.
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 09:25:57 AM »

yeah...the shows ok!

it's based of a british show that was on pbs several years ago...which to me was much more interesting...the cops in the airport were so polite....ahhhh...polite police!!!!!!

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

petrol lunatic
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004, 11:42:56 PM »

My sister works at an airport, so she watches it a lot. She likes to laugh at stupid customers who get all mad about silly things.
I like the English one, but I feel bad for Easy Jet employees because their uniforms are the ugliest things ever.

and soon you will feel it
while the wind is blowing and the blood is boiling
it won't be no dream and no one will hear you scream
crawling out of the dark
JohnL

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 01:42:06 AM »

Sounds like a plane-based, reality version of The Love Boat.

>the cops in the airport were so polite....ahhhh...polite police!!!!!!

I once talked to someone from another country who thought that the cops on the American version of Cops were putting on a show of acting tough for the cameras and that most cops here were probably much more polite.
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 11:25:18 AM »

JohnL wrote:

>
> I once talked to someone from another country who thought that
> the cops on the American version of Cops were putting on a show
> of acting tough for the cameras and that most cops here were
> probably much more polite.

are you kidding? the COPS on tv are 30 times more polite than they are when cameras AREN'T around. i've had a lot of experience with cops and they tell you the shut the f*ck up, rough you up, and use needles scare tactics like calling in a paddy wagon just to jostle you around to the station. COPS on tv are ACTING POLITE ccompared to REAL COPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

odinn7

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2004, 12:07:05 PM »

Though I generally agree with most of what Mr Henry said, I have known a few cops that are in it with good intentions. That is, it is a job to them and they take it seriously but not to the point where it has gone to their heads. They're decent people and really want to do good. Unfortunately, all too many times, we encounter police who are just the opposite.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
JohnL

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2004, 09:43:48 PM »

>are you kidding? the COPS on tv are 30 times more polite than they are when
>cameras AREN'T around. i've had a lot of experience with cops and they tell
>you the shut the f*ck up, rough you up, and use needles scare tactics like calling
>in a paddy wagon just to jostle you around to the station. COPS on tv are
>ACTING POLITE ccompared to REAL COPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know. I explained to him that the cops on the show had to be on their best behavior because the cameras are watching, so they can't get away with the kinds of stuff they normally do. He was even surprised that US cops would arrest someone for being drunk in public. Apparently in his country (not sure which one, but I believe his email ended in .fi) drinking is sort of the national passtime and he said that if the cops found someone staggering around his country drunk, they'd just take them home.

>Though I generally agree with most of what Mr Henry said, I have known a few
>cops that are in it with good intentions. That is, it is a job to them and they take it
>seriously but not to the point where it has gone to their heads. They're decent
>people and really want to do good. Unfortunately, all too many times, we
>encounter police who are just the opposite.

I've known a few good cops too. My next door neighbor used to be a cop and the guy who put together both my Windows systems used to be a state trooper.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Cool TV Show: Airline « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.