Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:42:05 PM
714450 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Maybe we need to keep this around.... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Maybe we need to keep this around....  (Read 1184 times)
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« on: August 22, 2004, 05:27:15 PM »

For all the new people who've shown up here over the past few months, normally i dont like to point out stuff like this but its been getting pretty rotten. I knwo what its like to be new to a forum, I've been here almost 2 years now.

I dont really contribute a whole lot other than opinions, the occasional review and some insults  to bad movies, bad screenwriters, directors etc...I'm sure we've all done this though as some movies are hard on the eyes and the head.

And in my 2 years here I've had my share of experiences with spammers and trolls as well.  But I didnt really let that get me down much even though it was annoying as hell.

Well now since we're getting into a spot of trouble I figure it might be a good idea to post this topic for the newer people.

Flame wars: We really dont need them here.  I dont care who started it and all but come on, this forum is usually such a tranquil place. Its really something special to have.

Opinions: Guess what? Not everyone shares your opinion. But just because they dotn qgree with you or have vastly different opinions doesnt give you the right to insult them or get mad at them because you disagree.

I'm aiming this last one at you Ryan as you've felt the need to go after those of us who didnt share your opinion on AvP as well as Paul W.S Anderson. We werent forcing out opinions on you so you didnt need to start flaming us.

Maturity: Its hard to do this sometimes but you gotta let some stuff go. be the bigger man and what not.

and lastly: BAD MOVIES! We need to shift our attention more on this subject, its what we're here for right? So coem on, lets all just let bygones be bygones and get along here ok?

save the world, kill a politician or two.
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2004, 05:40:49 PM »

Amen, I'd like to avoid some of the political stuff too.  This place is cool because most of the time  flame wars and such are non- existent.  If I wanted to put up with it all the time, I'd just go over to Aint It Cool to hangout.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2004, 05:53:17 PM »

SHHHH! you said the 'A site'!

daveblackeye15
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2004, 06:13:44 PM »

*Reads Topic*

Okay Dokey! I gotcha! *gives thumbs up*

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2004, 07:50:15 PM »

" BAD MOVIES! We need to shift our attention more on this subject."

i couldn't agree more. and if you all notice this is pretty much what 99% of my post are always about. it's cool to talk about other things from time to time, but i've never felt this site was the appropiate place to discuss controversial political figures and the like. i'll take a political science class if i wanna do that.
Harry
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2004, 08:52:04 PM »

I'd like this to be my official  apology for my rudeness (especially to Eirik).  You are absolutely right, I had no place to start or continue any type of childish argument like I did.  Please allow me to wipe my slate clean, and I promise to never do it again.  I have no good excuse for my behavior.
I would however like to say that the reason I got so angry was because of your last point...I want to have good conversations about BAD MOVIES beyond "this movie was the WORST movie EVER...It was a complete waste of time and money etc. etc." and the same concerning writers directors or whatever.  I would like to ask (again) that we find other ways to describe movies we don't like besides the extremes that have been used so much.  It sends me into a nearly unstopable rage, which indubitably leads to immaturity and rudeness :)
I propose the following:
if you are absolutely hellbent on commenting on a movie with extremes i.e. the ones previously stated (we all know what I'm talking about) maybe you should also let us know what the best movie ever is and tell us why...at least it won't be so damned depressing.
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2004, 10:06:46 PM »

Its cool harry.

Ed
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2004, 10:45:15 PM »

This is why I dig these forums so much.  Very civilized, the lot of you.  
-Ed
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2004, 11:24:13 PM »

Shut up ed!...I mean thank you..heh..eh...*blushes*

Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2004, 10:37:49 PM »

Its also good to see things settling down here. Let this topic remain, lest we forget.

Kory
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2004, 09:49:06 PM »

Come on guys... group hug!  

The folks on this site are awesome & I'm glad that everyone is willing to be adult about it... helping to ensure the longevity of this board!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Maybe we need to keep this around.... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.