Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:38:12 AM
714526 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Good news for Godzilla fans « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Good news for Godzilla fans  (Read 983 times)
Chris K.
« on: August 19, 2004, 04:24:12 PM »

Well, it seems that Columbia Tri-Star Home Video is planning to unleash three Godzilla films upon us once again. However, these are not NEW films, but rather the old ones that we all grew up on. The three films are none other than GODZILLA VS. HEDORAH (1971; U.S. Title: GODZILLA VS. THE SMOG MONSTER), GODZILLA VS. GIGAN (1972; U.S. Title: GODZILLA ON MONSTER ISLAND), and GODZILLA VS. MECHAGODZILLA (1974; U.S. Title: GODZILLA VS. THE COSMIC MONSTER). It is said that Columbia will release the three films in their original 2.35:1 Tohoscope ratios with the English Language dub tracks. Their is also a possibility of the films also having the original Japanese Language tracks with subtitles, but don't get too excited yet as I have a feeling this one may not come to pass. Cross your fingers. No word on extras, but just having these three films in their original 2.35:1 format is good enough for me.

IguanaGirl
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2004, 05:39:48 PM »

I cant wait. Would love to have all of those!

Fry: "Im having one of those things. You know, a headache, with pictures!"
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2004, 06:16:18 PM »

Unfortunately, they're all being released sans extras in waaaaay overpriced box sets which all come with a copy of the 1998 Devil/Emmerich Godzilla.  With any luck, they'll release them separately as well.

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Chris K.
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004, 07:56:22 PM »

Brother Ragnarok wrote:

> Unfortunately, they're all being released sans extras in
> waaaaay overpriced box sets which all come with a copy of the
> 1998 Devil/Emmerich Godzilla.  With any luck, they'll release
> them separately as well.
>

The three films will be released seperately, with the retail price of $24.95 (and yet, I am certain that some Borders and Best Buy's will considerably lower the price). As for extras, it doesn't really matter to me. As long as the films are remastered and presented in their original 2.35:1 Tohoscope-Eastmancolor format then I'll be a happy man.

Also, supposidly Columbia is possibly planning to release EBRIAH-HORROR FROM THE DEEP (1966; U.S. Title: GODZILLA VERSUS THE SEA MONSTER), SON OF GODZILLA (1967), and GODZILLA VS. MEGALON (1973). This might be a streatch here, but again considering the three Godzilla titles that are coming out, one can hope...
peter johnson
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004, 11:36:26 PM »

GHIDRAH is still my fave --
Need a great, big GHIDRAH reissue, in a DVD box that has a sparkly 3-D ray effect on the cover, shooting out of GHIDRAH's mouths!!
peter johnson/denny crane
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 11:43:05 PM »

The extras-less GMK and Megaguirus DVD's cost $20 a pop at Best Buy even.  Your safest bet is an internet warehouse like DeepDiscountDVD.

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Good news for Godzilla fans « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.