Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:34:43 PM
714456 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  ESCAPE 2000 (aka TURKEY SHOOT) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ESCAPE 2000 (aka TURKEY SHOOT)  (Read 891 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: October 19, 2003, 09:00:00 AM »

I picked up the unrated director's cut DVD of this classic bad movie. According to THE PSYCHOTRONIC VIDEO GUIDE, Australian critics voted it the worst movie ever made in their country.

New World released this on video years ago, with more than 10 minutes cut out. Anchor Bay has now restored all the gore and violence.

Here's the story: Steve Railsback and Olivia Hussey are citizens of a totalitarian society. They are sent to a concentration camp that is run by a sadistic guy who likes to let his prisoners escape, and then hunt them down with a group of friends. One of the hunters has a "freak" companion that he says he "found in a circus." The freak looks like a cross between Sabretooth and Chewbacca (and wears a vest over his shirt).

The chief guard at the concentartion camp (one of the worst actors I have ever seen), grins, laughs maniacally, and cracks a whip (and it is very obvious that he never took lessons . . . he's no Indiana Jones, that's for sure).

Anyway, Railsback, Hussey, and a few other prisoners are released into the forest where they are hunted down. The hunters use rifles, crossbows, and machine guns. Amazingly, the hunters just sort of "show up" whever the prisoners are and start shooting at them.

The gore includes a stick being shoved into an eyeball, a body being cut in half, a toe being ripped off and eaten, hands being chopped off with a machete, a head being split open with a machete, a head being blown apart by a machine gun, etc. Without these scenes, the movie would be TOTALLY boring and useless. So I imagine that the original edited New World video release has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

I recommend this to anyone who is in the mood for 90+ minutes of mindless "badness."

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2003, 05:04:24 PM »

a head being blown apart bya machine gun? Sounds interesting, do elaborate on the scene :)

Cant resist a good conversation on  talkin over B film  special effects.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
freelancePatsy
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2003, 11:26:15 PM »

I just picked a VHS copy of this at the local video liquidator...gawd, it's a real turkey! It's hilariously bad in spots.

My version has all the scenes mentioned as being cut out...I'm going to have to check and see who released the version I got.

Anyway, the scene with the head exploding uder machinegun fire is toward the end of the film...Railsback busts into the camp with a tractor/dunebuggy/construction vehicle that he stole from one of the hunters and begins freeing the prisoner.

They all begin to grab guns and fighting with the guards. The camp director begins leading a charge of guards across a river, right in front of the armed prisoners (the guards die and die and die...this film is nothing if not violent). Railsback takes up a machinegun from a dead prisoner and fires a burst, and the camp directors head comes right off (courtesy of a jump cut to an exploding gelletin head and torso). That's entertainment!

"Shooting's fine, as long as the right people get shot"  -Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry in Magnum Force
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2003, 09:11:51 AM »

damn thats goofy. dont you love how silly B movie special effetcs are?:)

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2004, 03:02:06 PM »

i was wathing this the other night with the commentary on. i thought it was interesting how the director was so honest with all of the film's shortcomings and how big of a turkey the film is. no pun intended of course.  ;)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  ESCAPE 2000 (aka TURKEY SHOOT) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.