Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:39:08 PM
714453 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My god...Savini fxcked up... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My god...Savini fxcked up...  (Read 1964 times)
Drezzy
« on: October 14, 2001, 06:25:56 PM »

Rent Children Of The Living Dead, and you'll see why. I will never forget this piece of garbage...the gore isn't even done well. Looks like they blew the entire budget on making that ONE cool zombie effect, and that's it. The only cool aspects of the film were Tom Savini making an appearance for the first 15-20 minutes, and the explanation of the zombies (it rehashes the explanation for the original, 1968-version Night Of The Living Dead, meaning a Venus probe delivered some bacteria, etc., and that the dead come back to life periodically). If you need to see a zombie film, and a new one at that, see it. Otherwise...don't even bother. If The Dead Hate The Living! and even Return Of The Living Dead, Part II are more enjoyable than this...what does that say?
Vincent Price
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2001, 12:02:05 PM »

dude,
Children of the Living Dead isn't a sequel to Night of the Living Dead
Romero made a TRILOGY consisting of Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead
there is also a remake of Night of the Living Dead and they're working on a remake of Dawn.

later,
Vincent Price
Jim
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2001, 08:42:45 AM »

Where did he say it was a sequel?
Vincent Price
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2001, 09:05:46 AM »

right here:
"and the explanation of the zombies (it rehashes the explanation for the original, 1968-version Night Of The Living Dead"
note the word "original"

later,
Vincent Price
Drezzy
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2001, 04:35:31 PM »

Wow...I said "original." That doesn't mean "sequel," pal. And I am full aware of every Romero film involving my pals, the zombies. I've been watching them since I was 9 (I'm 15 now). And have you never heard of a "series" of films? The Batman films are such. As well as The Puppet Master and others. The Savini/Romero "Living Dead" films all take place in the same area, with roughly the same storyline. Why not actually watch Children Of The Living Dead, if you haven't already, and understand where I'm coming from? Jeez...you'd think some people would understand the meaning of the word "original," as the only reason I put it there is because of the REMAKE (ie. Night Of The Living Dead (c) 1998).
JLW
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2001, 10:27:41 PM »

He did.
Vincent Price
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2001, 07:59:31 AM »

well, it's kinda hard for me to get horrormovies
I either have to pay around $30 for a tape at the Movie Store (wich has a lot of unknown movies) or I have to ride my bike (yep, I'm 16 and here in Holland you have to be 18 to drive a car) for about 45 mins. to the only videostore with a good selection of horrorflicks.

on a side note...I know it's blasphemy but I think Tom's remake of NotLD is better than the original...better zombies, better acting...although the endings are equally good (in my humble, humble opinion)

later ghouls,
Vincent Price

ps. a good idea for a horrorflick: Bob Saget the movie
TREVOR THE RAT
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2001, 12:10:40 AM »

drezzy don't rant,dick, you're no where near the point in being able to back up your knowledge of horror movies. there's always room for learning i say. do to my unhealthy obsession with all these films and their memoribillia i can safely back myself up when i say i know a s**tload about horror movies, but i thought i new a lot when i was 12 too and there was so much i didn't. not that i haven't crammed my share of info into my tiny brain in the past 17 years, but dude, the ranting.... it's just not you. don't get your panties in a knot and keep your f**king mouth shut.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My god...Savini fxcked up... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.