Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:10:19 AM
714433 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Guilty Pleasure - ROTN « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Guilty Pleasure - ROTN  (Read 2065 times)
Susan
« on: September 06, 2004, 10:44:15 PM »

I can't help it  - I love "revenge of the Nerds".  While surfing on amazon I found "Space Camp", and was looking at the cover at the actors in it. I wondered why Leaf Phoenix changed his name to Joaquin. Anyhow i glanced over and saw Larry B. scott, who i forgot was in the movie. For those who remember, he was Lamar in "revenge of the nerds". I got to wondering what happened to him.

Larry B. Scott Lamar Latrell, Tri-Lam
Appeared in all the Nerd sequels and a few other 80's films. Career fizzled in the 90's with bit roles. Currently set to appear in a film, by the looks of it nothing great. Carmen Electra is also in it.

David Carridine  Louis Skolnick, Tri-Lam
He's been a busy guy, sometimes more than one movie per year. No lead roles these days, 3 films in post-production right now. Lots of horror,sci-fi weird stuff.

Anthony Edwards Gilbert Lowell, Tri-Lam
Probably the best career since the movie, and the least nerdiest of the nerds. Starred in ER, left the show for movies. So far his movie career isn't taking off quite like Clooney's did.

Timothy Busfield Arnold Poindexter, Tri-Lam (one of my favorites!)
Here's a guy who's been in movie movies than I thought since Nerds. Probably because his real persona is SO different than poindexter. "Field of Dreams", "Quiz Show", "National Security" and several made for tv-movies/tv shows

Curtis Armstrong Boogar, Tri-lam
I love this guy when he was in "Risky Business". My favorite line of his was from the latter - "Great, i've got a trig mid-term tomorrow and I'm being chased by Guido, the killer pimp".  He looks the same, just a little older..still taking comedic roles. "Dodgeball", "Van Wilder", and an upcoming comedy with Tommy Lee jones. Ok am I imagining things? I could have sworm he was in the tv show "Moonlighting" for awhile, but i dont' see it on his IMDB credits.

Brian Tochi Toshiro Takashi, Tri-Lam
Where do you go from ROTN, but to "Police Academy 3". maybe there is where the trouble began. Or was it "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". He's had a semi-productive career, mostly doing voices. Currently he is directing.

Andrew Cassese Wormser, Tri-Lam
His film career ended 4 years later. Graduated NYU film school and experience working for FOX Television news..or..so sayeth IMDB

Michelle Meyrink Judy, gilbert's girlfriend, omega-moo
I'm suprised she's still not around, she had a cooky personality. Also starring in "Real Genius", "Permanent Record", "Joy of Sex", her career also ended in the 80's. Guess she's a wife and mom now living in Canada. Must be weird to tell the kids about how you dated Crispin Glover, the guy in "Willard"..lol

I don't wanna mention the jocks, just giving props to the Nerds. The great thing is how back then I remember how seperate the classes were, the jocks, nerds, burnouts..nobody wanted to be the geek. Now - it's sheek to be geek. We're ALL computer nerds - even those who aren't somehow want to claim to be one.

I even loved the sequel - "Nerds in Paradise", but lost interest after that. That movie had alot of laughs, like the hotel owner who rolled the carpet over the chalk outline in their room and saying "oh don't worry boys, it's just a little evydanse!"as she grabbed the knife to go kill their lunch (which i quote often whenever i'm staying at a crappy motel) And a special treat with James Hong as boogars mentor - Snotty.

Am i the only one with this strange obsessioN?

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 11:01:08 PM »

The August 2004 issue of FHM had a write up on ROTN.  It featured the "sound bite" interview style with most of the actors and people involved.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2004, 11:15:12 PM »

I always liked ROTN.
Just the first one though.

The only line I can always remember from that film is, "We've got bush!  We've got bush!"
Dave Munger
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2004, 11:39:31 PM »

I don't like that movie, but people always think that I probably do, because I'm a nerd. Maybe that's why I don't like it, I like to think that we, as a people, are above such petty shenanigans.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 07:47:31 AM »

That would be Robert Carridine, not David.  I've never seen Kwai Chang Kane as a nerd.

John Carradine was like Pa Cartwright on Bonanza. He has three sons by three different women.

Busfield was also in what some consider the 80's most annoying TV series, Thirtysomething.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Susan
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2004, 05:37:03 PM »

Ash - yes, so many raunchy memories. Them sitting up all night drinking beer watching the hidden cameras they rigged in the dorm..lol    I loved the party they threw for the two guys who were deciding whether or not to let them into their fraternity. Horrible dancing, violin playing...boogar breaks out a doobie and michael jackson's "Thriller" comes on...lol

In away it was like every nerds reality, and fantasy at the same time. It's great that the jocks were made out like they really were, we idolized them because they were the cool group. But not often bright, doing stupid frat initiations and degrading people. The nerds truly redeem themselves and win you over in this movie - because they are the every-man. In some way we can all relate to some of those characters and akward school situations. in the end the popular girls choose the nerds, which is great because in reality they don't often realize until 10 years later the nerds were the ones they should have married. The jocks went on to become salesman, the nerds went on to make money.

>>>That would be Robert Carridine, not David. I've never seen Kwai Chang Kane as a nerd. <<

Thanks for that correction! :)  Although a great moment comes from the sequel when James Hong explains "To hock a loogie, one must not reach from the throat...but from the soul"

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2004, 08:28:17 PM »

Don't be ashamed, Susan.  REVENGE OF THE NERDS is a very funny movie.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Neon Noodle
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2004, 04:51:43 AM »

No Susan, you're not the only one with that obsession. My fraternity brothers and I actually won a lip synch contest during our Greek Week for reenacting the Tri-Lambs scene with the Devo outfits.
My wife loves that movie too...

In the night, the skull came to his dreams and said, 'You are a fool to rejoice in the entanglements of life.'
Chuang Tzu couldn`t believe this and asked, 'If I could return you to your life, you would want that, wouldn`t you?'
Stunned by Chuang Tzu`s foolishness, the skull replied, 'How do you know that it is bad to be dead?'

-From The Matrix: The Path of Neo
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2004, 08:11:12 AM »

Alas, I too am a big "Nerds" fan.  I saw it on big screen when it first came out and was thinking the whole time "oh man, this is close to home."  :)

I've quoted ROTN in my classes.  The two main characters are Gilbert n Lewis.  Which happens to oh so closely match Gilbert N. Lewis, the famous chemist after which "Lewis Structures" are named.  You should have seen the looks on the faces of my students ....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Derf
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2004, 09:59:38 AM »

I love this movie also, if for no other reason than the music. I also love the scene with Ogre standing in the background peeing for several minutes. It's gross, but subtle enough that it takes a bit before it registers what is going on. Then it's hilarious.

Mitch McAfee
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2004, 03:23:58 PM »

Yes Susan, Curtis Armstrong was in Moonlighting. His character's name was something like Burt Viola & worked in the office.
Mitch McAfee
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2004, 03:25:14 PM »

I just did a search & found this interview with Curtis Armstrong

http://www.davidandmaddie.com/exclusives/armstrong1.htm
Susan
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2004, 05:14:46 PM »

Ulthar - if not for the sex that would be a great film to show in class..lol

I loved the tricycle contest with the beer drinking. I've often wanted to do something like that. :) Too bad the movie can't get revived in a ..rocky horror picture kinda way. You gotta respect the nerds, for all the hell they went through they were the guys who went on to great careers in IT. Watching Pirates of Silicon valley was kinda like watching a bio on the life of a geek and what happened after high school.

Mitch - I knew i wasn't crazy! Turns out i was looking in the tv guest appearances instead of actor-filmography (mostly because i associate that category with films)

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2004, 05:21:46 PM »

I recently recognized Robert Carradine in "Escape From L.A.".
After Snake lands in L.A. he makes his way by the surfers and into the city.
He's tracking the last remaining rescue team member who is stuck up on the wall and being used for target practice.

The thug throwing knives into him is Carradine.
I've seen that film like 5 times and I just now recognized him.

Then Snake, after being threatened by him, while still walking down the alley, turns around and blows him away.
Great scene!

Post Edited (09-09-04 06:55)
JohnL

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2004, 06:20:14 PM »

I love this movie too. I also like the sequels, but not quite as much.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Guilty Pleasure - ROTN « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.