Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:24:57 PM
714500 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  GRAYSON « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GRAYSON  (Read 1497 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: September 04, 2004, 05:08:43 PM »

Howstuffworks.com is featuring a great article.
It's about a director who has made a fantastic trailer for "Grayson".

Here's some more info:
"Batman's been murdered. Chief O'Hara's in a bad way. Robin has long since hung up his superhero tights, but he's the only one who can avenge Batman's death. Superman and Wonder Woman are sidelining as enforcers for a corrupt Commissioner Gordon. The Joker's back, flanked by two karate-kicking, hipster Jokerettes. And is that the Penguin beckoning from the shadows? "

"What's going on here?"

"Director John Fiorella and cinematographer Gabriel Sabloff took on all this and more in the 18 months worth of nights and weekends they devoted to producing the extended trailer "Grayson." Without studio support of any kind, they created a dramatic and visually stunning preview of a movie that may never exist. There's no "Grayson" screenplay, no big studio backing, not even a gentleman's agreement to produce a feature-length film; just a love for the D.C. comics superheroes and an itch for filmmaking."

Fiorella explains:

"The ultimate goal was to make a film that I was proud of and wanted to share with other people. As a filmmaker that's what I do. Of course, it stands as a great demo piece to showcase my passion for filmmaking. I realize the odds are a billion-to-one of the actual film getting made, but I'm not afraid of those odds."

Go HERE to read the entire article.

If you would like to watch the kickass trailer GO HERE

I think they've done a terrific job on this!
What do you think?

Post Edited (09-04-04 22:10)
peter johnson
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2004, 05:47:27 PM »

While not in the same league, Trey Parker & Matt Stone's "Cannibal:  The Musical" was originally a trailer.  They showed the trailer to get enough backing to shoot the full-length version.  
peter johnson/denny crane
-=NiGHTS=-
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2004, 06:34:12 PM »

There's an entire subculture built around this stuff.  'Fanfilms', guys.  Check it out at www.theforce.net

Star Wars has the most thriving subculture, but there are plenty of other flicks of this same calibre out there.  I encourage you all to check out a short called "Batman:  Dead End".  I can almost assure that many of you will flip out when you see it.
nobody
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2004, 08:14:30 PM »

I love watching these type of "movies." Does anyone know where I could find more? I'm not looking for any specific type of genre... any type of "movies" will do.
odinn7

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2004, 11:11:17 PM »

I saw the Batman: Dead End short. I was quite impressed with it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
-=NiGHTS=-
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2004, 11:58:41 AM »

You can grab lots and lots of them at, like I said, www.theforce.net
-=NiGHTS=-
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2004, 12:29:38 PM »

I should also note that not many reach the same level of quality as Grayson or Batman: Dead End--both of those were made with $15,000+ budgets, most people ork out of their pockets and still get amazing results.
Prophet Tenebrae
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2004, 02:23:21 PM »

A lot of the Star Wars fan films are so hilariously bad, your spline is in danger.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2004, 07:55:56 PM »

You can also check the World's Finest trailer at the force.net. It has the same Batman as Dead End and some other muscle head playing Superman. I read at  Comingsoon.net  the guy playing Supes had read for the new Superman Movie.  From watching this trailer  he should give up trying to be an actor,  

Supernan shouldn't be so bulky and whoever gets the part is immediately going to be compared to Christopher Reeve, who was ideal casting. He is the only actor to play the part that made the whole glasses for a disguise thing seem anywhere near believable.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
-=NiGHTS=-
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2004, 08:13:35 PM »

Yeah, many of the SW films are bad, but I encourage you guys to check out a couple of them:

Broken Alliegance
Art of the Saber
and The Formula.

The latter is less of a fanfilm, and more a film about making a fanfilm.  In any case, it's brilliantly funny in places, a very good piece of indie cinema.
JohnL

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2004, 04:56:13 PM »

>Yeah, many of the SW films are bad, but I encourage you guys to check out a
>couple of them:

Also check out;

Pink Five
Revenge of Pink Five

And of course, probably the best Star Wars fanfilm;

Troops

Post Edited (09-10-04 16:57)
Ed
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2004, 06:43:17 PM »

I finally got around to watching this, and it is a nice effort.  It had good production values, and they did a nice job hiding the low budget.  Some of the Justice League types were rather poor looking, but overall it was worth the download.   I liked the Joker, and even Supes wasn't THAT bad.   It was a nice job overall, they get good points for effort.
-Ed
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  GRAYSON « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.