Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:04:25 AM
714463 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  THE INCREDIBLY STRANGE CREATURES WHO STOPPED LIVING AND BECAME MIXED-UP ZOMBIES « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: THE INCREDIBLY STRANGE CREATURES WHO STOPPED LIVING AND BECAME MIXED-UP ZOMBIES  (Read 1485 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: September 25, 2004, 05:19:28 PM »

I didn't realize that this had been released on DVD, but I saw it in Best Buy today and grabbed myself a copy.  Hey, what am I doing sitting here writing this?  I have to go watch it!  Bless you, Ray Dennis Steckler!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2004, 05:25:24 PM »

Now, that's a title! Please let us know how the movie is.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
I luv dolma
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2004, 11:53:17 PM »

honestly, I love the title, but I heard the movie sucks. It was even on MST3K. I vaugely remember watching it when I was a kid.
The Burgomaster

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2004, 07:17:18 AM »

The movie is extremely boring.  It's about a carnival fortune teller who hypnotizes people, throws acid in their faces, and keeps them locked in a cage.  Unfortunately, most of the movie's running time consists of showgirls doing ridiculous song-and-dance routines.  The best parts of the DVD are:

* Intro and commentary by Joe Bob Briggs;
* Interview and commentary by the director/star Ray Dennis Steckler;
* Interview with co-star Carolyn Brandt;
* The fact that the movie was photographed by Vilmos Zsigmond and Laszlo Kovacs, who later went on to become two of the top cinematographers in the world.

Interesting facts (PLEASE DO NOT READ IF YOU INTEND TO WATCH THE "EXTRA FEATURES" ON THE DVD - I DON'T WANT TO SPOIL IT FOR YOU!!!!!):

* The movie was made on a budget of $38,000;
* Most of the movie was shot inside an old Masonic Temple decorated to look like a carnival;
* They filmed all of the dance routines in one or two takes each, and finished them all in one day! (Which explains why the dancers are usually out of step with one another);
* The working title of the movie was THE INCREDIBLY STRANGE CREATURES or HOW I STOPPED LIVING AND BECAME A MIXED-UP ZOMBIE.  Stanley Kubrick filed a lawsuit because he was making DR. STRANGELOVE or HOW I LEARNED TO STOP WORRYING AND LOVE THE BOMB and he thought Steckler's title was too similar.  Steckler had to change the words "or how I" to "who" in order to avoid the lawsuit.

Post Edited (09-26-04 15:59)

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2004, 02:20:11 PM »

Dear GOD no! This is one of the worst movies ever, even MST3k couldn't save this turd....ORTEGA!

save the world, kill a politician or two.
blkryder
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2004, 12:56:33 AM »

This is a rough one, up there with MANOS but a Joe Bob commentary makes this one worth looking into---his commentary made JESSE JAMES MEETS FRANKENSTEIN'S DAUGHTER watchable and even interesting.  I like how even though he cracks jokes here and there he usually seems sincerely interested in these films, no matter how bad they are.  I like some MST3K but I can also see why a lot of other bad movie fans don't like them--it seemed like for the most part they weren't really fans of the films--sometimes they got a little mean-spirited and it seemed like it was more about "let's make fun of these stupid movies" instead of enjoying them for what they were.

I would say that real bad movie fans watch the movies without MST3K, but I don't know if I can handle some of these titles without Joe Bob so never mind.....
raj

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2004, 07:29:44 PM »

How much is it?
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2004, 08:51:38 PM »

Definitely gonna need to get this. I know it's a bad, bad movie, but I've got a definite soft spot for this one: I dig the grungy carnival vibe, and the loopy/greasy characters. Maybe I've just got a thing for Steckler's movies; I also have a deep, abiding love for Rat Pfink A Boo Boo. The commentaries by Steckler AND Joe-Bob, AND the interview with Carolyn Brandt, seal the deal.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
The Burgomaster

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2004, 05:37:59 AM »

raj:

I got it at Best Buy for $18.95.  You can probably find it for a buck or two cheaper if you shop around.

Flangepart

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2004, 05:01:07 PM »

Nice to know i'm bot alone in the "Partners in pain" dept. Some movies muse be "Bot Approved". Sure, i can handle "Gorgo" ot "Plan 9" as is, but Manos....yeesh!
But...seeing this Steckler Special with Joe Bob and the Man, Cash Flagg hisown self? I'd buy that for a dollar!
Best Buy? I'm there, baby!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  THE INCREDIBLY STRANGE CREATURES WHO STOPPED LIVING AND BECAME MIXED-UP ZOMBIES « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.