Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:30:13 AM
714518 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Omega Doom « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Omega Doom  (Read 1686 times)
Kory
« on: September 22, 2004, 10:17:19 PM »

So I finally got around to renting this one- I was really excited because it was part of a Rutger Hauer 2-pack (with Blind Swordsman!).  My husband and I sat down to watch it and we BOTH fell asleep... we NEVER fall asleep during movies!  

My question is this:  Was this movie as exceedingly boring as it seemed, or were we suffering from some form of 2-hour narcolepsy?
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2004, 09:03:52 AM »

You two falling asleep during the movie proves that you are normal people, so you can exale now.

I don't think I haven't read any review on this movie that doesn't mention the same thing you noticed: how incredibly boring it is.

I watched it when I started to take B-movies seriously. I had seen these cyborg movies sitting on the shelf of my rental store for ages, and I finally dared to rent "Screamers", which is actually a pretty good one. Instantly, presuaded that I had been missing some great movies, I returned to the rental store and got this one. I've never rented a cyborg movie again ever since.

And, for your mental health's sake, stay away from anything Albert Pyun has ever directed.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2004, 09:36:14 AM »

I kinda like this one, actually.  It's got some serious flaws and can drag a bit but I don't think it's too bad.

As cyborg movies goes, it's certainly not as bad as "A.P.E.X" or "Prototype X29A"

It's certainly not Rutger Hauer's best work, but it's not his worse ("Precious Find" anyone?)

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
nobody
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2004, 02:05:23 PM »

That's funny. I fell asleep during this one too.

I own the movie, so the chances of me trying to watch it again- and stay awake- are probably very good, unfortunately.
Yaddo42
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2004, 06:53:53 AM »

I own the "Omega Doom"/"Blind Fury" combo as well, bought for the other film though. Nice Romanian scenery, too bad they could have made a better film to shoot in front of it. Cyborgs looking for GUNS, and skewering each other with bulky unaerodynamic electronic laden throwing knives/ blades/He-Man swords/whatever they were? Rutger Hauer with that cassock/long coat thing that makes him look even more barrel-chested, like some kind of pregnant monk, or a free roaming tent. And why put Shannon Whirry in a film if she's not gong to get naked, that's what most of her career was based on anyway?

Pyun is mostly a dull hack, which is worse than just a hack who can be enjoyed in true "so bad it's good" fashion, which is what brings us here to begin with. I liked the first "Nemesis" and parts of "Mean Guns", which were both stupid but fun. The man has wasted lots of time, money, and resources over the years and called them films.
Mr. Hockstatter
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2004, 08:01:24 AM »

Yeah, it's pretty dull.  I kind of like it though.  The female soldier androids were interesting.  Never really understood why they were trying to find guns though, it looked like the weapons they had worked 99% as well as guns would have.

Oh well.  I guess I don't expect logic out of a movie like that.  It's one of those films where you really have to be in the mood for it.

Fearless Freep

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2004, 10:02:52 AM »

Small World, I've seen Tina Cote (Rom Leader) in two other Pyun movies in the last month.  "Spitfire", a rather bad movie with Lance Henrickson as a James Bond wanna-be, Tim Thomerson as a goofy reporter and some gymnatsics star as the hero...techincally Cote was only in the openeing credits but..,  and "Heatseekers" a sorta silly futuristic sci-fi/martial arts movie about cybernetically enhanced martial artists.

=======================
Kory
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2004, 07:40:28 PM »

Thanks guys... I feel MUCH better!
Fearless Freep

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2004, 11:06:25 AM »

Dude, you haven't seen "insomnia crushing dull" until you've slogged through Quest For The Mighty Sword (aka Ator III for those of you who have been followng the Ator series of Italian cheap, swords-and-sandals films) at one o'clock in the morning.

=======================
Dave Munger
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2004, 02:19:03 PM »

Wow, Ator isn't even Miles O'Keefe in that one. I never heard of it, and I'm a bit of an Ator afficianado. I mean, compared to other people I know outside of the 'puter.
JohnL

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2004, 08:18:54 AM »

Why does everyone refer to these films as "cyborg" films? A cyborg is a being composed of both organic and inorganic parts. Most common definitions of the word also include the requirement that both the organic and inorganic parts are required for the creature to function. By this definition, the Terminator isn't a true cyborg because it is simply wearing the human skin like a suit. While the skin can't exist without the support that the Terminator provides, the Terminator itself is still fully functional without the skin.

A robot that looks human, but which doesn't actually have any organic parts is an android.

I've seen most of the films mentioned in this thread and unless I'm not remembering them correctly, none of them had true cyborgs in them.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2004, 08:27:58 AM »

Technically you are correct, but 'cyborg' gets thrown around a lot generically unless the distinction matters.  I think Prototype X29A was a real cyborg, A.P.E.X wasn't even an android.

=======================
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Omega Doom « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.