Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:50:31 AM
714441 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Super Size Me (2004) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Super Size Me (2004)  (Read 3201 times)
The Ghoul
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2004, 05:48:05 PM »

Yep, I love them greasy fries too. I want to see this doc soon. But it does heavily remind me of a book I read in 2002 called Fast Food Nation. Super Size Me seems to cover the same territory. Maybe I need to be reminded not to eat that crap. One of the few fast food company's almost recommend by the author of Fast Food Nation is In & Out from California. They actually pay their employees a decent sum (store managers can make 70K), are up front about what they serve and the food while fatty is not made with any weird chemical sodium glutto-death ala' Mc Donalds and Burger King. They don't soak their fries in SUGAR at the processing plant. Explains why if you see an In & Out at lunch time it's packed with lines out the door. They can make money and still be honest but few do. If you can comprehend how much these fast food companies make off of all the lard asses out there like me. I saw Ray Crock's (founder of Mc Donald's franchise) secretary's condo she owned in West Palm Beach, FL. She didn't own a room or a floor of this 8 story building...this secretary owns the whole freakin' building with prime ocean front views!! Amazing what profit sharing can do.
StatCat
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2004, 12:06:55 AM »

Never seen it but I'd watch it if I had the chance. It's really stating the obvious but it's got me curious. I eat fast food probably like once a week if that and it's not even a meal usually, just a sandwich or something from wendys. Don't think I've stepped into a mcdonalds within the past 3 or so years seriously.

-----------------------------------------------------
Wear a suit and tie when I'd rather sit and die
daveblackeye15
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2004, 12:38:08 AM »

Skaboi:

Way to go Skaboi! I knew healthy food wasn't actually unhealthy

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
lester1/2jr
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2004, 04:53:50 PM »

dave munger - I don't think you'd die from eating 30 days of pineapples.    

I liked the movie.  My theory is that people starting drinking more soda when smoking fell out of favor.
lester1/2jr
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2004, 04:54:29 PM »

I mean think about it: what typically happens to  people who stop smoking? they get fat!!
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2004, 05:50:33 PM »

>I don't think you'd die from eating 30 days of pineapples.

Maybe the pineapples wouldn't kill you, but you'd probably be ready to kill yourself after about the 50th trip to the bathroom in the first week.
Susan
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2004, 06:04:26 PM »

I just watched this movie, very interesting. I was suprised that the doctors were so stunned about the body's reaction to fast food - I mean surely someone has done tests on the effects of fast food before! Not so suprising was the school systems denial they are serving out crap to kids. I remember in school it was all fried and the healthy stuff looked disgusting. We had candy machines anyways to snack on. And yes I live in texas, and i remember when mcdonalds supersized they always asked if i wanted it supersized or would say for just a few cents more..it always made me mad. I can't eat that much!

We can't be held accountable because we know its bad for us. There are too many fast food places per square mile. We are also uneducated and being lied to about the content. The same as Big tobacco did...people knew smoking was bad for us but to no real extent since they claimed there was no scientific evidence when they knew there was, and were putting toxins in there they weren't supposed to in order to create addiction. People were stunned when they revealed the fat content of movie theater popcorn and they had some crackdown on the type of oil that is no longer used. They don't readily provide nutritional information and fat/calorie content in the stores either.

they need more fast food places with good fresh healthy food that isn't just salads. Btw it's not just preachy, it's a reminder. We ARE the fattest nation in the world and growing, more and more children are obese and it has alot to do with diet. mcdonalds is the one chain that really tries to lure kids in as lifelong customers. Playgrounds, happy meals, toys, clowns, associating good times with bad food. Diabetes is increasing.  I will still eat fast food, but just as everyone else does - out of convenience. I work hard and often i'm too tired to cook. I have eaten fast food a few days in a row and it is extremely noticible how sick you feel. Tired, b***hy, sluggish, headaches. Restaurants who offer the weight watchers point menu are getting tremendous business..these menus are very popular. People want healthy choices that aren't just lettuce in a crappy plastic bowl.

Post Edited (10-09-04 18:13)
Kory
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2004, 02:41:51 PM »

I'll have to agree with you.  I'm really sick of people blaming everyone but themselves for their bad habits.  It's getting REALLY old.
Kory
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2004, 02:44:19 PM »

That's the best thing about In N Out- it's cool to see them cutting real potatoes for their fries, not getting them out of a frozen bag.

You can taste how fresh the food is & you don't end up with the nasty grease pit feeling in your stomach when you're done eating.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Super Size Me (2004) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.