Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:31:31 PM
714481 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Saw « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Saw  (Read 1174 times)
nobody
Saw
« on: October 30, 2004, 08:31:26 PM »

Did anyone here see "Saw" yet? I went to the theaters this morning and wasted a good $7 on this crappy flick.

It was loaded with problems. Here are just a few:

"Saw" was hyped up as being a total gore fest, but meanwhile it wasn't any bloodier than any average horror film.

The direction was miserable. Every time a moment of tension hit the screen, the director would speed up the frame rate, giving the picture that crazy time lapsed effect. This instantly killed any tension for me- and completely ruined all elements of horror.

The dialog was childish at best. And the acting was really, really bad. It was impossible to care about any of the characters. You didn't care when the victims died- and you weren't happy when the villain killed them because the villain's motivation for killing was dumb.

If you're into tired cliches, "Saw" was full of them. I can't give any real examples without getting into spoilers, but plotlines are visible from miles away.

The surprise twist at the end is unbelievably stupid. All I could do was roll my eyes and sigh. I'm sure other viewers did the same... only I couldn't hear them because the theater was too empty, and people were too far away from me. Counting myself, only 7 people bought tickets for the 1:00pm showing.

I could bash this movie all night long, but I won't. I have better things to do with my Saturday, and "Saw" already ate up enough of my time. So to end this rant... "Saw" was a LAME rip-off at best. It was much, much better the first time I saw it, when it was called "Seven."
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2004, 08:44:08 PM »

I haven't seen it yet but I've read a few reviews and talked to people who have seen it.

Every one of them had negative opinions of it.
You're not the only one who thought it sucked.

Go here to read Ebert's 2 star review of it.

Post Edited (10-30-04 20:44)
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2004, 02:22:12 AM »

Saying this movie is dumb as a bag of hammers would probably anger the bag of hammers at being dropped to "Saw"'s level.  
A few unorganized gripes (there are going to be spoilers, but don't worry, you'll figure out the movie in 10 minutes anyway):
1.  Why the hell was the killer cutting jigsaw pieces out of his victims?  It seems like they just needed a gimmick for him, so they thought that up and then never went anywhere with it.
2.  I refuse to believe a dude with brain cancer who has the devious ability to create these amazingly Goldbergian traps is going to spend his last year f**king with other people.  He's got bigger fish to fry.
3.  Where was the damn gore!?
4.  This is the first time I have ever actually felt embarassed for an actor making as ass of himself.  I will never be able to watch The Princess Bride again, because Cary Elwes makes such an amazing ass of himself in "Saw."  The theater I saw the movie in was nearly full, and every time something horrible happened and Cary got angry or cried or really had to emote at all, every single person in the audience LAUGHED LIKE THEY WERE WATCHING MONTY PYTHON!  Not one person took the movie seriously.  When a movie is so bad that a man screaming for his sanity because his wife and daughter are going to be killed evokes LAUGHTER, you have failed as a filmmaker.  And it's not just Elwes, either.  Every single person in this movie chows down the scenery in a way that would intimidate Charlton Heston and Shatner.  They must have spent most of the budget on props and sets, because the cast kept eating them.
5.  AAAAAAAAAAAARUGH!  STUPID STUPID MOVIE!
6.  Roger Ebert thinks it was "well acted"!?  That's it, someone take away his film critic title.  He's obviously flipped his s**t this time.

Now, some positive things, only one of which is about the movie:
1.  The reverse bear trap jaw exploding device that they had Becker's secretary strapped into was really freakin' cool.
2.  There was a "Devil's Rejects" teaser trailer that was worth the admission on its own.

Post Edited (10-31-04 01:23)

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Kory
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2004, 04:39:53 PM »

It's a piece of crap.  Brother Ragnarok summed it up pretty well, so I won't repeat what he said... I'll just agree with it!
Sugar_Nads
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2004, 05:56:09 PM »

Whoah Mr. Ragnarok... Your comments about "Saw" just blew my mind. I was seriously anticipating it's release here in theatres until I read your opinion. Now, I have to say that I am very disappointed because it actually looked like a great movie. However, if a long time member of a "Bad Movie" site doesn't like it then it must be bad. I can only hope that you were in a bad mood when you "saw" it. Uhhh, no pun intended.
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2004, 09:23:34 PM »

Sounds like the movie has earned its place here ;)

save the world, kill a politician or two.
I luv dolma
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2004, 11:19:58 PM »

I saw it opening night. A lot of people showed up. And they all laughed through the film. It wasn't that bad...it did all it could on its one million dollar budget. Yeah, there were a lot of unanswered questions, but all movies have those. I left the theatre happy. BUT THE ORIGINAL TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE IS STILL MY FAVORITE SERIOUS, DISTURBING, HORROR MOVIE!
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2004, 12:37:44 AM »

Mr. Ragnarok?  Please, Saccharine Testicles, we're all friends here.  No need for formalities.
Sorry to burst your bubble.  I really wanted it to be good too, but sadly, it sucks.  But if you're in for a laugh, go ahead on and see it.  It's best in a crowded theater, because funny movies are always funnier with a group.

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
The Ghoul
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2004, 04:57:18 PM »

Bad acting is bad acting but I can put up with fancy gimmics if they work to provide suspense and actual horror. Does any remember that pizza delivery dude on the news who had a bomb chained by a neck collar and was told to rob a bank or it would explode...and it did! Yikes. That is pretty frickin' horrific. Too bad movies go over the top and make things silly when something that is simple and yet very sinister like this can freak you out.
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2004, 10:45:35 PM »

i liked Saw, believe it or not.
daveblackeye15

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2004, 11:03:10 PM »

I hope it's good or at least I like or enjoy it but it doesn't look that good from what I've heard.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Fearless Freep

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2004, 08:58:04 AM »

'good' is not a criteria for a bad movie fan.  All that matters is 'did I enjoy the last two hours or not?'

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
nobody
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2004, 02:26:08 PM »

I didn't enjoy my time watching "Saw." But I went in expecting to see a good film. If I had low expectations I might have gotten a few laughs out of it.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Saw « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.