Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:43:42 PM
714528 Posts in 53099 Topics by 7745 Members
Latest Member: Documentkgh
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Cranial Detonation Compilation « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cranial Detonation Compilation  (Read 1271 times)
Dreggen
Dedicated Viewer

« on: October 28, 2004, 08:30:38 PM »

I'm trying to get a list of all the movies that have exploding heads in them.  The head must explode on screen, none of that quick cut to a bloody stump nonsense.  Anyone have any favorite moments or titles to add?  I would recommend "Creature" just because it's so craptacular.

My in CDC list includes these titles:

Dawn of the Dead(1978)(shotgun)
Creature(1985)(blaster)
Lai wong: The Story of Ricky(1991)(bare hands)
The Frighteners(1996)(shotgun)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 08:57:13 PM »

"Scanners" probably has the most infamous exploding head scene.

Post Edited (10-28-04 20:59)
JohnL

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 11:21:49 PM »

I believe there's an exploding head scene in Wedlock with Rutger Hauer. He breaks the explosive collar around a guy's neck so both the guy and his partner get their heads blown off. I'm pretty sure it was shown onscreen.

Dead or Alive has Gene Simmons getting his head blown off with a grenade, but I don't remember if it's shown or not.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2004, 02:48:54 AM »

JohnL wrote:

> I believe there's an exploding head scene in Wedlock with
> Rutger Hauer.

I believe it was called Deadlock.
It's the one where he and that woman escape from prison and if they get seperated too far from one another, their collars will detonate.

Also, there's a head exploding scene in the beginning of "The Running Man" when Ben Richards escapes from prison.
They don't get the security grid down in time and it blows a prisoner's head off.

Post Edited (10-29-04 02:51)
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2004, 05:26:09 AM »

in COFFY, Pam Grier blows a guy's head off with a shotgun. Very nicely done, in a cheesy 70's exploitation kind of way. Some good head shots in the new DAWN OF THE DEAD. And if you've seen JFK....back and to the left...back and to the left....back and to the left. Hey, don't get mad at me...I've been de-sensitized (damned video games).

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
odinn7

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2004, 07:02:12 AM »

Maniac (1980) has one of the best head extermination scenes. Joe Spinell jumps up on the hood of a car and shoots a guy in the head with a double barrel shotgun. We see this from behind the victim in slow motion.
Trivia- Anyone know who makes the cameo as this guy? No cheating...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2004, 07:25:35 AM »

Odinn7,

If memory serves, it was the same person who did the special fx.  None other than the Sex Machine himself:

Tom Savini

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
odinn7

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2004, 08:23:46 AM »

I guess that was too easy Skaboi. Good job.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
JohnL

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2004, 05:11:58 PM »

>I believe it was called Deadlock.

I guess it was called both. IMDB has it listed as Wedlock with Dealock as the alternate title; Wedlock/Dealock. It was also remade as Deadlocked: Escape from Zone 14 with Esai Morales and Nia Peeples.

>It's the one where he and that woman escape from prison and if they get
>seperated too far from one another, their collars will detonate.

Obviously, it was done for the purpose of the plot, but if you think about it, linking two people together with exploding collars is a really stupid idea. The warden says that nobody can leave because nobody knows who their partner is. So what's to stop the prisoners from all leaving together? A much better idea would have been to link all the collars to a central transmitter in the prison, then nobody could leave.
Derf
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2004, 08:28:40 PM »

Don't forget "Dead Alive." I don't remember exploding heads specifically, but there was so much dismemberment a head or two HAD to explode. Maybe even in the audience.

Also, in "Meet the Feebles" (if I recall correctly; it's been a while) a puppet or two gets their heads blown up/off.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Cranial Detonation Compilation « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.