Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:23:38 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Anyone else looking forward to Ghosts of Mars? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anyone else looking forward to Ghosts of Mars?  (Read 5199 times)
Chadzilla
« on: March 08, 2001, 01:24:58 PM »

I am a BIG John Carpenter fan, not quite as big as I was in the 1980's, when I firmly believed he walked on water and healed the sick and wounded with his bare hands.  So it should come as no surprise that the only movie I would even consider seeing on the big screen this summer is Ghosts of Mars.  It looks like JC has finally been able to make a western in a western enviroment.  Anyone else looking forward to it, or expecting to hate it?
Gerry
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2001, 02:40:05 PM »

I will almost assuredly see it on the big screen.  I've always liked Carpenter movies.  Plus I've been waiting for a decent Mars movie.  Especially after those pieces of poo Mission to Mars and Red Planet (although we did get to see Carrie Anne Moss's boobs--making it worth the price of admission).
Will
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2001, 04:09:08 PM »

I'm extremely excited.  I love Carpenter, even when he fails.  Hell, I even own Elvis: The Movie and Memoirs of an Invisible Man!  If anybody can do a good Mars flick, he can, and I loved the Howard Hawks-style western Vampires.  He's back!
Scott
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2001, 12:51:26 PM »

When does this film come out? Is Woopi Goldber really in this film still? That was the rumors last year. I also am looking forward to this film (not because of Woopi). The whole concept is great and with the money and an experienced director is should be very good.

By the way MISSION TO MARS was a good movie especially if you bring the kids. The surface of the planet  in M2M was well done.. .........  RED PLANET,  I really liked this film, I think it will last a remembered as a solid Sci-Fi film. RED PLANET was better entertainment than M2M I believe. Val Kilmer not ony saves the earth, but also the movie. Come on, astronauts running out of air and food makes a great flick.

Also yes, Chad you are just like those contestants in that Survivor show. :)
You'll all have to excuse Chadzilla he's alittle touchy and would be voted off the show SURVIVOR.

What is the date for GHOST ON MARS?
Chadzilla
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2001, 04:37:32 PM »

August 24th.

I'd probably get voted first too, cause I won't eat bugs (yech) :-(
Gerry
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2001, 12:25:30 PM »

JOHN CARPENTER'S GHOSTS OF MARS (Sony Pictures)  
     (August 24, 2001)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Anyone else looking forward to Ghosts of Mars? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.