Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:11:18 AM
714503 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What movies are you watching tonight? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What movies are you watching tonight?  (Read 2527 times)
daveblackeye15
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: October 31, 2004, 03:55:54 PM »

It's halloween and what's the holiday without  some scary movies? Friday I went to a movie rental place (blockbuster) to get some movies. I had planned on getting "The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms" and "Pumpkinhead". Now I can understand if a place does not have "Pumpkinhead" but no "Beast from 20,000 Fathoms"!? That's just wrong! So instead I got "Carrie" (a good one!) and "Killer Klowns from Outer Space" (nice!) so it's not what I wanted originaly but it's just as good. I might have gotten "Nightmare on Elm Street" but that was out and I could have gotten "Hellraiser" but I could only get two movie so yeah. (Sooner or later I'll get to those two.) I normally rent the movies because the movies shown on t.v. are edited, censored, and interupted by commericals. What are you watching later this night.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2004, 06:00:47 PM »

We got "Day After Tomorrow," which we are about halfway through.  What FUN!  There is sooooooo much wrong with this film, it HAD to be a joke.

We also got Carpenter's "The Thing" and "In the Mouth of Madness" to give tonight's viewing a John Carpenter theme, and we just could not resist getting "Frankenfish."

We also rented "The Twin Towers" on a week rental, which we'll watch later in the week probably, and "Home on the Range" for the 2 yo this afternoon.

We don't get to rent often anymore, so when we do, we go hog wild!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2004, 06:31:00 PM »

I had a whole list of films I was going to watch today but I believe I'll settle for the following:

1. In The Mouth Of Madness - Had completely forgotten I even own this great flick until Ulthar mentioned it.

2.  BoogeyMen II (SciFi) - Another anthology of the best scary movie baddies.   Bruce Campbell hosts!

3. Twitch Of The Death Nerve (Bay Of Blood) - Bava's only film that I haven't seen.  Also his most famous.  Going to be on IFC at 10:30 tonight.

It's possible that I'll interchange Mouth Of Madness with Exorcist III or St. John's Wort.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
saintmort
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2004, 07:00:48 PM »

How's Frankenfish I saw some pics of that in Fangoria and looked really interesting
saintmort
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2004, 07:01:48 PM »

Scream, Child's Play, An American Werewolf in London, The Faculty, Idle Hands, Sleepaway Camp 2 and closing with Return of the living dead
Johnny Z
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2004, 07:59:25 PM »

The 3 Omen movies and the Exorcist.

If it's on Cinemax past midnight, it has to be bad.
Max Gardner
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2004, 11:54:21 PM »

The Fog, Suspiria, Sleepy Hollow and Willard.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2004, 12:25:23 AM »

Earlier I watched "Brides of Blood" with my girlfriend and another friend of ours.  Now I'm watching Angus Scrimm hosting the Aqua Teen Hunger Force marathon on Cartoon Network.  Later, I'll probably watch "The Deadly Spawn."

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2004, 10:15:58 PM »

I watched Carpenters THE THING on cable last night. Hadn't seen it in a while and enjoyed the second viewing on Halloween night.

MonsterX
Dedicated Viewer

Likes to wear mittens.

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2004, 01:23:21 AM »

I also watched Brides of Blood last night.  (From the Blood Island Vacation box set.)  Then I watched Nightmare City and I caped the evening off with MST3K riffing on The Screaming Skull.

"There was no monster. . . "
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2004, 03:33:03 PM »

Frankenfish was a lot of fun.  It was actually better than I thought it would be.  Several "Random Gratuitous Breast Shots," too, as good campy horror should have.

Like others in the Frankenfish thread

http://www.badmovies.org/bbs/read.php?f=2&i=75247&t=75247

I too did not see the shotgun biologist coming, hehe.  Oh well.  And yes, she DID seem awefully squeamish for a biologist!

I'd recommend it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2004, 07:38:15 PM »

Hey, a fellow Blood Island fan!  Good stuff.  Very nearly the perfect exploitation movies.

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What movies are you watching tonight? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.